The toughest places to play in CFB

7 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yes, I would have Barry top 3. Hugh Green and Tommie Grazier, great players, but a little high on this list IMO. 

Agree on Bo being higher. He should be above Deion. Deion returned punts, but his primary position was cornerback. C’mon cornerback?  A shut down corner is great and all, but in the era he played in (80’s) the passing game was not what it was today and the value of how he changed a game was  not as impactful. We saw his value alot more in the NFL. Plus, we all saw Dion attempt to tackle Bo 😂.

My personal opinion top 5: 

1. Barry Sanders

2. Archie Griffin-He can stay as is... 

3. Bo Jackson

4. Dick Butkus 

5. Tim Tebow 

And Peyton at #6. 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@HurricaneNick @Cossacks @THEOC89 @steeler01 @Frosty4024 @HooverOutlaw @Ga96

they did another list today but this time with the USC game dev on the team in partnership with the Bleacher Report. 

today's list was the top 30 greatest CFB players of all time 

20240708_112012.jpg

No Salaam, No Hagan, No Figures, No Kelly, No Brown, No Gurode, No Stewart, No Westbrook

Absolutely No CU players at all...

Typical Waste of my Time.

Why is Colt even on this list???  He wasn't even Texas Best QB.

Let me stop before I have an aneurism.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

No Salaam, No Hagan, No Figures, No Kelly, No Brown, No Gurode, No Stewart, No Westbrook

Absolutely No CU players at all...

Typical Waste of my Time.

Why is Colt even on this list???  He wasn't even Texas Best QB.

Let me stop before I have an aneurism.

As for LSU.  Faulk and Mawae (sp) should be at least honorable mention.

they did another list today but this time with the USC game dev on the team in partnership with the Bleacher Report. 

20240708_112012.jpg

Colt McCoy is a top 30 CFB player of all time? Lay off the dope!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

LSU and A&M lose far too much at home in big games to get this level of love but since it's ESPN doing it I'm not surprised by the subpar rankings and quality 

Hell Kirk probably still doesn't know the difference between IMG Academy and Trinity Christian 

• Like 1

It's by Bleacher Report and USC alum whose helping develop the new NCAA 25 game. 

He's one of your fellow Trojans... 

Unfortunately there are dumb Trojans. Colt had a great college career and is Longhorn royalty. Top 30 of ALL time regardless of position is just silly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Manning was not even the best qb in the SEC east in that era Danny Wuerffel was. 

Well he did become the best QB to come out of the SEC in that era long term even if he didn't have the best college career

Wuerffel also banged his shoulder up very early and it derailed his NFL career 

1 minute ago, TruthSerum said:

Well he did become the best QB to come out of the SEC in that era long term even if he didn't have the best college career

Wuerffel also banged his shoulder up very early and it derailed his NFL career 

Wuerffel actually went 2-0 Manning in the pros.  Manning was never the best qb at any level. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

20240708_112012.jpg

Not a single Alabama player shows how great of Coaches Bryant and Saban were 6 titles each and no all time great player for either one.

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Wuerffel actually went 2-0 Manning in the pros.  Manning was never the best qb at any level. 

Wait hold it a second 

Are you really trying to tell me that you think Wuerffel was actually a better PRO QB than Peyton fucking Manning?

Because I said he was the best QB from that era of the SEC in the NFL 

If Peyton wasn't the best QB at the NFL level to come from the SEC in the late 90s than who the fuck was?

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Not a single Alabama player shows how great of Coaches Bryant and Saban were 6 titles each and no all time great player for either one.

Alabama may never have had a true generational player but they typically mastered the art of depth of great players 

They actually remind me a bit of St Thomas Aquinas at the high school level 

STA may not get a Jeremiah Smith playing for them but they will definitely get 5-10 players on the roster a tier down from that level and build depth that makes them hard to beat 

1 hour ago, TruthSerum said:

Wait hold it a second 

Are you really trying to tell me that you think Wuerffel was actually a better PRO QB than Peyton fucking Manning?

If Peyton wasn't the best QB at the NFL level to come from the SEC in the late 90s than who the fuck was?

Strictly talking college.  Plus Wuerffel was never involved with sexual assault in college like Manning.  Manning was 0-4 vs Florida. 

Wait hold it a second 

My favorite Manning play in college 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Strictly talking college.  Plus Wuerffel was never involved with sexual assault in college like Manning.  Manning was 0-4 vs Florida. 

So in other words wuerffel was better than Manning in the minor leagues before Peyton surpassed him in the land of the big boys at the real level of competition 

Also UF was a better team than Tennessee at that time, without Manning there wouldn't have been an expectation for them beating Florida 

Also let's not act like bama wouldn't have taken Peyton in a heartbeat if they could have 

So in other words wuerffel was better than Manning in the minor leagues before Peyton surpassed him in the land of the big boys at the real level of competition 

Also UF was a better team than Tennessee at that time, without Manning there wouldn't have been an expectation for them beating Florida 

Also let's not act like bama wouldn't have taken Peyton in a heartbeat if they could have 

Manning's hate Alabama and LSU. 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Manning's hate Alabama and LSU. 

Yeah because they are rivals of Ole Miss 

If only the SEC was still like that instead of the constant bandwagon behavior of pulling for rivals the minute your team isn't good enough to compete for a title each season 

Doesn't change the fact that Alabama and LSU would have taken Peyton Manning in a heartbeat if they could have signed him