Rabun Gap-Nacoochee, GA @ John Curtis: Week 1

RedZone

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

Rabun-Gap, GA has double-digit kids with D1 offers with 5 already committed. 👇

North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Cincinnati, Syracuse,.

Rabun-Gap's QB is a transfer from Wren, NC. Looks like Louisville may pull him.   

https://www.on3.com/db/gavin-owens-153058/

There he goes again building up weeziana’s oos completion…..🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

They got a pretty good Benedictine as well to open the season

Tough schedule all around. Benedictine to start out then two road games against Curtis and Baylor. Could start the year 1-3. 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:25 PM, RedZone said:

Curtis looking for Week 3.

2024 John Curtis Patriots Schedule

*= district game

W1 Rabun Gap-Nacoochee 
W2 @ Northshore
W3
W4 @ Rummel*
W5 Warren Easton*
W6 Holy Cross*
W7 Brother Martin*
W8 Jesuit*
W9 Karr*
W10 @ St. Augustine*

meanwhile it appears something may have happened with our week 2 game at Pulaski (AR) Academy.  LHSAA website shows WM week 2 as "To be determined" even though our printed schedules show week 2 @ Pulaski Academy

59 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

meanwhile it appears something may have happened with our week 2 game at Pulaski (AR) Academy.  LHSAA website shows WM week 2 as "To be determined" even though our printed schedules show week 2 @ Pulaski Academy

That would’ve been an interesting game. Does PA still never punt? 

JT Curtis lost hist wife in March of this year after a long illness......and in a couple years JT will be 80 years old. He doesn't look 80 years old, but I wonder just how much gas he has left in his tank. 

I would imagine he hands the keys to the John Curtis football program over to his sons very soon.

Anyways, from what I've read this Rabun-Gap team is supposed to be a monster this year. I guess we will find out.

In a few years Rabun-Gap might be playing Bishop Gorman, STA, IMG,  Mater Haze and etc. 

2 hours ago, Reb72 said:

That website's not showing a lot of stuff right now (still early)..... it shows Ruston playing Cabot, AR..... but not the 3 Texas teams.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

That would’ve been an interesting game. Does PA still never punt? 

no, they have a new coach now but are still a very good team.  I asked around and everyone says the game is still set to played

John Curtis was 8-3 last year, but their 3 losses were by a combined 10 points.

Catholic (Baton Rouge) 38 John Curtis 35

Archbishop Rummel 27 John Curtis 21 in OT

Holy Cross 42 John Curtis 41

I haven't studied 2024 much, but Edna Karr seems to be the team to beat in the NOLA Catholic League...... they have a whopping 5 players with LSU offers so far which includes two nasty DL prospects.

St Augustine (aka St Aug) has a brand new coaching staff and plenty of talent including the #1 overall prospect in the 2026 class nationally.  

Warren Easton joins the NOLA Catholic League this year always very athletic. 

The 8 team district will be fun.....7 district games.

On 6/6/2024 at 1:07 AM, RedZone said:

Rabun-Gap, GA has double-digit kids with D1 offers with 5 already committed. 👇

North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Cincinnati, Syracuse,.

Rabun-Gap's QB is a transfer from Wren, NC. Looks like Louisville may pull him.   

https://www.on3.com/db/gavin-owens-153058/

The latest Rabun-Gap commit was this dude.....to Syracuse couple weeks ago. 👇

He's from Montreal, Canada. This team has some big dudes from Germany, England, Canada, Mexico, and etc.

I'm really not sure what kind of team you would classify Rabun-Gap as, but they are definitely not a North Georgia mountain team. 😉 

Screenshot_20240608-081926-900.png

Whatever you classify Rabun-Gap, GA as they must be somewhat legit if short sleazy joe from prepgridiron logistics and his made up clown show are not involved..😭

Maybe he will start a "Rabun-Gap News Thread" one day similar to his St Frances News Thread...... anytime someone from St Frances takes a shit  short sleazy joe is all over it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Red flag already planting the seed of trying to soften the blow of Curtis losing. Scared to death Louisana might lose one of the only OOS games they play. 

Yes he is lol. At least Curtis is playing someone who will hit them back instead of the #1200 from Florida. This game isn’t a guaranteed win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Yes he is lol. At least Curtis is playing someone who will hit them back instead of the #1200 from Florida. This game isn’t a guaranteed win. 

Yeah surprised about that. Maybe JC is losing it and thought he was playing Rabun County who is 1A and 149th in Georgia 

https://www.maxpreps.com/ga/tiger/rabun-county-wildcats/football/23-24/schedule/

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:
3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Maybe he will start a "Louisiana News Thread" one day similar to his Louisiana News Thread...... anytime someone from Louisiana takes a shit Redbone  is all over it.

43 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

29 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah surprised about that. Maybe JC is losing it and thought he was playing Rabun County who is 1A and 149th in Georgia 

https://www.maxpreps.com/ga/tiger/rabun-county-wildcats/football/23-24/schedule/

Classic coming from someone who starts 10 Louisiana based threads daily, damn hypocrite. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Classic coming from someone who starts 10 Louisiana based threads daily, damn hypocrite. 

He’s a hypocrite and clown. Makes fun of OOS games between top national teams but then posts threads about random off the wall teams like Holy Cross TX. Who was like 800th in Texas. Called the game “really cool” 

Hes a fraud 

• Haha 1

@Norcalnut check this doozy. Holy Cross TX was actually 700th in their state 

On 12/7/2021 at 10:48 AM, RedZone said:

A home/home.....San Antonio Holy Cross will travel to NOLA in 2023. That's a long trip, almost 9 hours.

That's really cool...NOLA kids can check out San Antonio/Alamo........San Antonio kids can check out NOLA......the game really doesn't mean a whole lot, but it's a fun OOS clash.

We've been to San Antonio several times and it's a cool place. Anyways, 

Christopher Dabe

@ChristopherDabe

Dec 1

Other nondistirct games for Holy Cross next season include Holy Cross of San Antonio (in SA in 2022, in NOLA in 2023) and De La Salle in Weeks 1 and 2. 9-5A schools will draw for their 2022 schedules tonight, I'm told.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

Oh look 

It's my little stalker from dls, ca.

It's all gravy, man.

I can't be mad at you. 

It's a little creepy, but I guess I dig the attention.

d438a6abbcb58daa7c0517cefdb21756.gif

Speaking of irrelevant dls.

sparty could have just scheduled Rabun-Gap, GA. 🤔😂🤔

Smh

The football team from De La Salle High School in Concord will be traveling overseas to play a game in London this upcoming season, the school announced Wednesday.

De La Salle will play on Oct. 8 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London against the NFL Academy, the pro football league's player development program that opened in 2019 for athletes in the United Kingdom.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Smh

The football team from De La Salle High School in Concord will be traveling overseas to play a game in London this upcoming season, the school announced Wednesday.

De La Salle will play on Oct. 8 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London against the NFL Academy, the pro football league's player development program that opened in 2019 for athletes in the United Kingdom.

I have to admit though. 

The UK boys make a damn funny video!!

😂😭😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Oh look 

It's my little stalker from dls, ca.

It's all gravy, man.

I can't be mad at you. 

It's a little creepy, but I guess I dig the attention.

d438a6abbcb58daa7c0517cefdb21756.gif

You make it so easy Cupcake. You say something stupid and incorrect (which is pretty much daily) then I respond by calling out your bullshit. Lather, rinse and repeat its that simple. Now your turn Snowflake.

Smh

I have to admit though. 

The UK boys make a damn funny video!!

😂😭😂

This puts you on a new level of stupidity. Do you really think it’s a burn by calling out DLS for going to London. Maybe someday ESPN will pay for one of your HS teams to go (I wouldn’t hold your breath). You’re just mad because DLS used Louisiana’s #1 team as cannon fodder during the streak. Please fill in this form and forward to the Prepgridiron.com HR department to report my interest in your stupidity.

IMG_2154.jpeg

• Haha 2