Track 2024

golfaddict1

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

No way a 200 wr is posted tonight. No way!!

I consider FloJo’s WR tainted.  21.41 by Shericka Jackson is the bar I’m eying.  

Let’s see how close the two burners Gabby and Richardson get.  

Abby Steiner I’ll watch just because.  :) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I consider FloJo’s WR tainted.  21.41 by Shericka Jackson is the bar I’m eying.  

Let’s see how close the two burners Gabby and Richardson get.  

Abby Steiner I’ll watch just because.  :) 

No American is even close to Flo Jo's record. The best I can see from Thomas or RIchiardson is 21.7

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

No American is even close to Flo Jo's record. The best I can see from Thomas or RIchiardson is 21.7

Well if the two ladies were taking what FloJo was… my opinion is she was tainted and I don’t respect that record.  

I think both will drop a sub 21.7 and not with masking agents (I sincerely hope). 

Gabby’s PR is 21.6… bring it! 
https://x.com/chrischavez/status/1806879830329229606?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

37 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I think Shericka Jackson runs the 200 tonight.  She looked solid last night in the 100.  10.84 (-0.3 m/s). 

Her PR in the 200 is 21.41… bring it!  

https://x.com/athleticsweekly/status/1806944192716812634?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Jackson won with a horrible start. Tia is running crazy now that she has lost some of her mass and her sister as well.

I know Jackson's PR which is why I don't think she'll be beat when healthy.

I refuse to believe one of my first crushes cheated. Record Stands☺️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Jackson won with a horrible start. Tia is running crazy now that she has lost some of her mass and her sister as well.

I know Jackson's PR which is why I don't think she'll be beat when healthy.

I refuse to believe one of my first crushes cheated. Record Stands☺️

Should have went with the men and a record.  😂 

Knighton showed up big to take the 3rd slot.  Coleman doesn’t qualify in the 100 and 200.  

Lyles & Kung Fu Kenny go 1-2 in the 100/200.  

IMG_0592.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

Disappointed in these times @nptb17
+0.6 m/s to boot.  

Agreed, FloJo sure looked fine on the track.  :)   She deserves the WR… I’m just very skeptical of her being clean.

The great Carl Lewis was saved by the USOC after testing positive prior to an Olympics.  Might have been the Ben Johnson debacle Games.  I think it was.  

No Richardson for the 200… lane violation warning (touching line) from semis perhaps got in her head around the bend last night.  She was not close to 3rd place.  

Shericka ran a slow and smooth 200 yesterday in the Jamaican trials semis, winning easily.  
Finals is today.  

IMG_0594.jpeg

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Sydney could beat any women in the 200m to 400m hurdles and I 100 percent believe this. In an open 400 she would demoralize the field in the first 150 and would drop eveyone off who tried to keep up.

Agreed.  
She’s a special talent and makes it look so smooth and easy while doing it… sort of like Federer was in tennis.  They move on air it seems. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2024 at 7:31 AM, nptb17 said:

Sydney could beat any women in the 200m to 400m hurdles and I 100 percent believe this. In an open 400 she would demoralize the field in the first 150 and would drop eveyone off who tried to keep up.

Why didn't she run the 400 ?  She could have doubled . My opinion is she didn't want to stretch herself too thin and risk an injury which hampered her all last season and risk losing her baby, which is the 400 hurdles. I don't think it would be a given, winning the 400, because the gold medalist is elite

• Thanks 1

I take my son to track events and one day. I was standing around a bunch of guys talking about their kids, so I said confidently, “ my son runs 21 flat”

They looked all amazed and said, “wow that’s a fast 200 time!”

I looked confused and said “200?? I’m talking about the 100!” 😝

#WhiteGuyTrackProblems

#NoFastTwitchMuscles

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...