Track 2024

golfaddict1

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You know I'm watching 

I’ll watch the 100 semis on NBC as long as the feed works or on X (replay right after) for sure.  
I’ll try to stay up for the women’s 400 final live.  

I won’t last until the Men’s final.  😂 😴.  

Cologne city center visit is planned tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Like what I'm seeing from the miller kid. Hopefully he can keep it up as he gets older. We've seen a lot of promise in the past with young runners that end up not reaching their perceived potentials.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

They have so many more training tools now. And the high schooler just had a great close to finish third in his heat.

That is true. I love seeing them push these grown men and women. Makes the sport that much better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I've never seen this many high school kids at the Olympic stage.

My hometown has 5 d1 basketball kids and none of them are seniors. They all train at a gym that has about 12 other d1 athletes of various sports. They eat right and train hard working on explosion and muscle recovery. They haven't had any crazy injuries in their sprorts either. 

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Like what I'm seeing from the miller kid. Hopefully he can keep it up as he gets older. We've seen a lot of promise in the past with young runners that end up not reaching their perceived potentials.

Mission accomplished!   

https://x.com/travismillerx13/status/1805073269395272021?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Lyles, Bednarek, Kerley, Coleman and the 18 yr old.  💪 

Coleman’s start not nearly good enough and he’s an alternate for the 100, wow.  

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0352.jpeg

8 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Congrats to Kendall Ellis, with a PB 49.81!
Hope she has another sub 50 rip in the finals.  She’ll likely need another PB to qualify for the U.S. team.  #STA #USC

https://x.com/judgeenjoyer/status/1804702828809560571?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Kendall Ellis 🤩 

Congratulations!  
💥 PB 49.46!!!  
Indeed, (Genau in German) she needed a PB to qualify.  

You know Sonya Richards-Ross was digging it @Atticus Finch

https://x.com/travismillerx13/status/1805061182874669340?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

IMG_0350.jpeg

On 6/24/2024 at 7:09 AM, golfaddict1 said:

16 years old!!! 
One more young man!   

IMG_0348.jpeg

Helluva an effort for the 16 year old, finishing 6th.  
If the added info is accurate, he’ll run in the prelims in Paris.  

Michael Norman #USC -  mission accomplished @nptb17

Hopefully Boling tries Decathlon.  

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

On 6/24/2024 at 1:20 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Mission accomplished!   

https://x.com/travismillerx13/status/1805073269395272021?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Lyles, Bednarek, Kerley, Coleman and the 18 yr old.  💪 

Coleman’s start not nearly good enough and he’s an alternate for the 100, wow.  

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0352.jpeg

Great for this kid.  Texas had the Legendary Johnny Lam Jones 3A Lampasses who played football at UT.  There were 2 more Jones' non related known as Ham, Lam, and Jam.  He accomplished this as a 18 yr old HS kid.  #TexasSpeed.

Before enrolling at the University of Texas, at the age of 18, he qualified for the 4 × 100 metres relay, becoming the youngest athlete from Texas to earn a berth on the U.S. Olympic track and field team. In the 1976 Summer Olympics, he won a gold medal running the second leg of the 4x100 team that set a world record with a time of 38.33 seconds. He also replaced an injured Houston McTear on the U.S. team and finished sixth in the 100 meters. He returned home as a national celebrity.   He ran the anchor leg on his 440yd relay at State that has gained mythical status in Tx.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 3:49 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Helluva an effort for the 16 year old, finishing 6th.  
If the added info is accurate, he’ll run in the prelims in Paris.  

Michael Norman #USC -  mission accomplished @nptb17

Hopefully Boling tries Decathlon.  

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

Quincy Wilson is an 👽.  16yr old possibly greatest track prodigy ever.  That FL 100m kid is unreal too.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Great for this kid.  Texas had the Legendary Johnny Lam Jones 3A Lampasses who played football at UT.  There were 2 more Jones' non related known as Ham, Lam, and Jam.  He accomplished this as a 18 yr old HS kid.  #TexasSpeed.

Before enrolling at the University of Texas, at the age of 18, he qualified for the 4 × 100 metres relay, becoming the youngest athlete from Texas to earn a berth on the U.S. Olympic track and field team. In the 1976 Summer Olympics, he won a gold medal running the second leg of the 4x100 team that set a world record with a time of 38.33 seconds. He also replaced an injured Houston McTear on the U.S. team and finished sixth in the 100 meters. He returned home as a national celebrity.   He ran the anchor leg on his 440yd relay at State that has gained mythical status in Tx.  

Oh yea… I remember Lam Jones and of course Houston McTear. 
Harvey Glance was my fav sprinter back in the day.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://x.com/chrischavez/status/1806887549752996204?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

😮  9.77 

Oblique Seville was a close 2nd (Jamaica), who beat Noah Lyles prior.  @nptb17

• Like 1

Might see a new WR in the women’s 200 meter tonight.  

Will also be interesting to see the 3 men who comprise the USA 200 in France, tonight.  

Lyles is likely a lock, leaving 2 spots open for Kenny Bednarek, Christian Coleman, Erriyon Knighton and Courtney Lindsey.  

Coleman didn’t qualify for the 100.  Will he qualify for the 200?