This Is How You Work To Stay On Top, Not Transfers

HawgGoneIt

On 10/13/2017 at 5:31 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes there is a distinct advantage to being able to work with the same kids all the way up through school, especially middle school and up. 

The privates get to poach from systems like this though. Picking and choosing the best athletes that have been groomed in a program, and then offer them "better" education and sometimes scholarship so they don't have to pay for the school at all.

Then, there is the Graysons of the world that have the best of both worlds. They have the feeder system in place, and also "the kids recruit each other" because they all played park ball together. 

To me, the Grayson types should be better than any public or private considering the situation they have where they develop their own and just fill the weak spots from across town via a tweet or two from the star qb or lb or whatever. 

But, no doubt, there are distinct advantages to all 3 types of schools. 

Yes........agree.....Colerain has been a national name for ~ 25 years, and a large part of their sustained success is because there are youth programs (Little Cards) in the Colerain area that all football kids in the area play for. But the Colerain area, like most areas around Cincinnati, are mixed in with Parochial schools all around them. I grew up with La Salle kids and St. X kids, and 2 of my best friends from elementary/middle school decided to go to St. X. The Private schools around here have some youth programs too......so they have their programs, plus they pull from the publics and their youth programs, with unlimited range...........Colerain is in a school district with another high school, yet you don't even get to choose which high school you go to; you are still bound by your address.

The Ohsaa became a little more lax around 2013-2014 with open enrollment and scholarships.........and around this time we saw the rise of Wayne, with lots of players from around the Dayton area.......and also the sudden rise of La Salle, whom had been the GCL and Colerain's whipping boy, and whom had never even won a single playoff game prior to 2014...........

Colerain has chosen not to go to open enrollment............but if they did..........I think they'd get a lot of players from La Salle and all around the city......

• Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 9:04 PM, ORabidOne said:

YEAH, and you girls always are boasting how GREAT that league is! IF so, WHY are there so few quality teams in the county each year? What do you have, twenty five schools in Gwinnett county, and MAYBE FIVE worth spit? It's USUALLY the same ole same ole! Archer, Grayson, North Gwinnett, and Norcross! And Buford has to resort to stealing their players from Gwinnett, Forsyth, Barrow, and Fulton counties! WHY are the OTHER schools SOOOO mediocre or worse? I'll TELL YOU WHY! Because those coaches you mention either actively recruited certain players to their district! Or have boosters do the dirty work for them, to make um competitive! 

Just this season, after Grayson bought them a championship in 2016! Brookwood said, HELL, WE can do that TOO, since the GHSA is up Gwinnett county's ass! And the Broncs go shopping for TEN players, eight who START, to fill those pesky graduation voids!

I said that to say THIS! The Gwinnett Football League is an OVERRATED JOKE!

Your jealousy knows no bounds.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:18 PM, Rufus69 said:

You guys are just mean.  Valdosta would never do anything like that.  Now Lowndes.....I think they had a team of 20 yr olds in 1980.  Oh Wait...Joe Wilson did do his apprenticeship under Coach Bazemore.  Uh,  I could be wrong about Valdosta....(Smile).

Rufus>>

Yeah, for SOME reason, their eighth graders use to always seem to take six years to graduate!