2023 CIF SS playoffs

Bodysurf

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

Sierra Canyon has LOTS of big time football players......more than people realize.

The only thing interesting about these playoffs is can Canyon hang and make some legit noise.

Last year they failed to beat Lincoln of San Diego one bracket down, and they struggled with Serra Gardena just recently.  No guarantee they get past RSM in the first round. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Nah, I'm not buying that.

This Canyon team is stacked.

The original statement was that Sierra Canyon has great athletes but not the linemen to hang with Bosco or Mater Dei.  From a recruiting standpoint this appears true - 24-7 has them with 13 juniors/seniors holding D1 offers, with only TWO of those being linemen. For comparison sake, Mater Dei has five linemen in the senior class alone with D1 offers.

To further drive home the idiocy of your statement, after stating that Sierra Canyon is "stacked" you throw in a back-pedal that you're "not saying they're going to win state". Or in other words, they're...not going to hang with Bosco or Mater Dei.

Congratulations on using 3+ posts to contribute nothing insightful, valuable, or unique to the conversation.

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The original statement was that Sierra Canyon has great athletes but not the linemen to hang with Bosco or Mater Dei.  From a recruiting standpoint this appears true - 24-7 has them with 13 juniors/seniors holding D1 offers, with only TWO of those being linemen. For comparison sake, Mater Dei has five linemen in the senior class alone with D1 offers.

To further drive home the idiocy of your statement, after stating that Sierra Canyon is "stacked" you throw in a back-pedal that you're "not saying they're going to win state". Or in other words, they're...not going to hang with Bosco or Mater Dei.

Congratulations on using 3+ posts to contribute nothing insightful, valuable, or unique to the conversation.

Send your nonsense to Kahuku (HI).......

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

I know that attempting to implement a system where the having the best teams in the state play each other in the playoffs is a foreign and frightening concept for Floridians, so your fixation on that is understandable.

No, it's just not about competitive equity. So there's no reason for the CIF-SS to do it solely for that purpose.

I bet the Hawaii team that beat sjb didn't have this offensively 👇 and I can bet that because I looked it up.

This does NOT include FCS offers and etc.

Canyon should be able to score on any team in the nation....on paper!

Canyon Offense

4* QB (offers: Georgia, Miami, Penn St, Oregon, Utah, many more)

4* WR/ATH (USC, Oregon, Washington offers)

4* WR (USC commit)

3* WR (UCLA commit)

3* WR (Ole Miss, Arizona, Pitt and Boston College offers)

3* RB (Boston College, Colorado State)

3* OL (Oklahoma commit)

3* OL (Oregon, Maryland offers so far), this dude is 6-8 345 lbs

Canyon is not as loaded defensively.....5 or 6 of those guys have D1 offers.

NOT a big deal. I just said they have some talent which I proved. If they suck, they suck.

12 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I bet the Hawaii team that beat sjb didn't have this offensively 👇 and I can bet that because I looked it up.

Canyon Offense

4* WR (USC commit)

3* WR (UCLA commit)

3* OL (Oklahoma commit)

NOT a big deal. I just said they have some talent which I proved. If they suck, they suck.

Like I said, two linemen (the only position of contention since nobody is disputing their talent otherwise) with D1 offers in the junior/senior classes.

17 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Oh, so you’ve set yourself up to be right no matter the outcome.  😂😂😂

How so?

This was my very first post below. If they are NOT legit then shame on that coaching staff.  St Aug (NOLA) has tons of talent most years and they haven't won state since 1979. I will think St Aug when I see Canyon in the polls.

"Sierra Canyon has LOTS of big time football players......more than people realize.

The only thing interesting about these playoffs is can Canyon hang and make some legit noise."

32 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Canyon Offense

4* WR (USC commit)

3* WR (UCLA commit)

3* OL (Oklahoma commit)

I know you know absolutely nothing outside of Louisiana Football (and perhaps nothing as well about Louisiana Football), but please stop calling Sierra Canyon "Canyon". There are multiple teams actually named "Canyon".

A more well known team that was prominent a few decades ago:

https://www.maxpreps.com/ca/canyon-country/canyon-cowboys/football/

and a lesser known team that has never had much notoriety

https://www.maxpreps.com/ca/anaheim/canyon-comanches/football/schedule/

Please, for the love of God just say Sierra Canyon. It's one extra word. It doesn't take much effort to press the keyboard 7 extra times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

I know you know absolutely nothing outside of Louisiana Football (and perhaps nothing as well about Louisiana Football), but please stop calling Sierra Canyon "Canyon". There are multiple teams actually named "Canyon".

A more well known team that was prominent a few decades ago:

https://www.maxpreps.com/ca/canyon-country/canyon-cowboys/football/

and a lesser known team that has never had much notoriety

https://www.maxpreps.com/ca/anaheim/canyon-comanches/football/schedule/

Please, for the love of God just say Sierra Canyon. It's one extra word. It doesn't take much effort to press the keyboard 7 extra times.

I hope Sierra Canyon beats the brakes off SM.... 

Sick of this TL overhype... 

But I ain't holding my breath... 

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Sierra Canyon 9 - JSerra 7

Santa Margarita 34 - JSerra 31

Mater Dei 55 Kahuku 8

Kahuku 30 St John Bosco 23

St John Bosco 28 Mater Dei 0

Make it all make sense....

and, Canyon dominated JSerra everywhere but the scoreboard for whatever that's worth. It was a sloppy Week 0 game. 

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Mater Dei 55 Kahuku 8

Kahuku 30 St John Bosco 23

St John Bosco 28 Mater Dei 0

Make it all make sense....

and, Canyon dominated JSerra everywhere but the scoreboard for whatever that's worth. It was a sloppy Week 0 game. 

Dude... 

Sierra Canyon isn't even plural its a singular name... 

Idk who Canyon is but they aren't Cali D-1... 

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

Sierra Canyon has LOTS of big time football players......more than people realize.

The only thing interesting about these playoffs is can Canyon hang and make some legit noise."

So what do they have to do to make “legit noise”?  What’s your criteria?  It’s much easier to praise or lambast a team after the fact. 

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

So what do they have to do to make “legit noise”?  What’s your criteria?  It’s much easier to praise or lambast a team after the fact. 

Why must you always make things so damn complicated? Why, why, why?

In the Comp Poll here Canyon is #18 Nationally. I mentioned they have some talent possibly to support that ranking. All I've heard is they don't have this and that, only beat this team by this much, struggled with that team, lost to a team in 2022 and etc.....blah, blah, blah.

If Canyon is a Paper Tiger just admit it.....every poll says otherwise. 

The criteria 👇

#18 Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, CA)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Why must you always make things so damn complicated? Why, why, why?

In the Comp Poll here Canyon is #18 Nationally. I mentioned they have some talent possibly to support that ranking. All I've heard is they don't have this and that, only beat this team by this much, struggled with that team, lost to a team in 2022 and etc.....blah, blah, blah.

If Canyon is a Paper Tiger just admit it.....every poll says otherwise. 

The criteria 👇

#18 Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, CA)

So a lot of hot air.  People have provided you with clear rationale as to why they likely can’t compete with MD or SJB.  You on the other hand will wait until the game is done then either sing their praises or bash them.  

17 minutes ago, On2whls said:

So a lot of hot air.  People have provided you with clear rationale as to why they likely can’t compete with MD or SJB.  You on the other hand will wait until the game is done then either sing their praises or bash them.  

You have people in this thread questioning can  Canyon even beat (5-5) Margaritaville this week......(5-5) Servite put 50 points on Margaritaville..

You clowns are all over the map, but you love seeing california teams in the polls.

If Canyon can't beat Margaritaville they ain't much, believe that! And, they damn sure aren't #18 in the nation.

Canyon doesnt even play SM...

32 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You have people in this thread questioning can  Canyon even beat (5-5) Margaritaville this week......(5-5) Servite put 50 points on Margaritaville..

You clowns are all over the map, but you love seeing california teams in the polls.

If Canyon can't beat Margaritaville they ain't much, believe that! And, they damn sure aren't #18 in the nation.