College football Scoreboard

TheMaximumHornetSting

Same stuff. Scored more points on Utah than anyone else has, gave the defense a lead with less than 2 minutes left, and the D still blew it. Sucks to waste the heisman winners college career, but this almost guarantees grinch will be gone after the season. No excuse for last night. Too much talent on both sides of the ball to have two losses in late October. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Same stuff. Scored more points on Utah than anyone else has, gave the defense a lead with less than 2 minutes left, and the D still blew it. Sucks to waste the heisman winners college career, but this almost guarantees grinch will be gone after the season. No excuse for last night. Too much talent on both sides of the ball to have two losses in late October. 

I was hoping the comeback converted.   

You and Steeler know Caleb best and there’s now memes of his sos stats comparisons, but I was impressed with an insignificant play last night.  

Caleb fended off two defenders on the play.  That impressed me as much as a tight seam pass. 

21 hours ago, reggid said:

By the way, since I know you were all waiting for an update on some true student-athletes, the most dominant program in CFB history, Mount Union, went to 7-0 with a win today.  They have now outscored their opponents 368-16 so far this season.

You’re welcome.  ; )

When are they gonna quit screwing around in D3 and move up? 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

When are they gonna quit screwing around in D3 and move up? 

Is there a D3 ranking or rating site?  Lazy?  Yes I am.  😊

I’m into this game now.  I’ll check later or tomorrow, unless you have a chance.  

Montclair St (Sam Mills attended) was the power in D3 in my area back in the 80’s.  Haven’t followed much since, but know the brand names. 

10 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Hey don't worry Florida went 6-7 last year with Richardson.    A lucky once in a lifetime Local Gainesville kid SMH.   Big waste SMH. 

12 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Is there a D3 ranking or rating site?  Lazy?  Yes I am.  😊

I’m into this game now.  I’ll check later or tomorrow, unless you have a chance.  

Montclair St (Sam Mills attended) was the power in D3 in my area back in the 80’s.  Haven’t followed much since, but know the brand names. 

I've very casually followed Lake Forest in the Chicagoland area the past few years; they recruit Arizona extensively and have a few Centennial guys on their roster.

AJ Jackson, the star of the 2018 5A championship game when he scored a touchdown via punt return, interception return, fumble return, and catch, is a receiver-return guy there and holds the D3 record for career punt returns for touchdown (9). If he can manage one more this season he'll share the NCAA all-divisions record in that category.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I've very casually followed Lake Forest in the Chicagoland area the past few years; they recruit Arizona extensively and have a few Centennial guys on their roster.

AJ Jackson, the star of the 2018 5A championship game when he scored a touchdown via punt return, interception return, fumble return, and catch, is a receiver-return guy there and holds the D3 record for career punt returns for touchdown (9). If he can manage one more this season he'll share the NCAA all-divisions record in that category.

Impressive player.  

There’s 3 sites I noticed worth viewing…

Ken Massey rates D3 schools 

https://masseyratings.com/cf/ncaa-d3/ratings

Also 

https://www.d3football.com/top25/2023/week8

And 

https://www.versussportssimulator.com/D3/rankings

LOL.  The SEC over-ranking circle-jerk continues as Bama is back at number 9 this week.  What a complete joke — does anyone think Bama has played anyone to deserve to be in the top 10, or even played like a top 10 team?  If they were any other team from any other conference, they’d barely be ranked if at all.

On 10/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, HurricaneNick said:

image.png.cfa6562dd0e073da1d3780b9783614d1.png

image.png.2eadee3038af67f3d05fd036fc215349.png

HA!!!!..... As a USC Fan, At some point you Just have to Laugh at this whole thing..... 🤣🤣🍻

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Why wait until the end of the season? This requires immediate action. They fired Kiffin on the tarmac after a game. Grinch should not have been permitted to report to work today.

@steeler01 told me this was the year usc finally had an OL/DL....I can pull it up. You were actually in that "conversation" and had your doubts.

I asked him if they were coached well, conditioned and would they be put in the right schemes. He didn't seem to have a problem with grinch or riley ball.... usc finally had the Dogs!!!

Anyways, speaking of defense. LSU doesn't have much of one this year. We just don't have the Dogs on the back end. We got some guys that definitely can make some plays but they just don't make enough of them.

Point? I'm just letting it ride on the LSU offerse this year which is currently the #1 offense in the nation. Stats really mean nothing, but outscoring people does.

17 hours ago, reggid said:

LOL.  The SEC over-ranking circle-jerk continues as Bama is back at number 9 this week.  What a complete joke — does anyone think Bama has played anyone to deserve to be in the top 10, or even played like a top 10 team?  If they were any other team from any other conference, they’d barely be ranked if at all.

I'm not sold, but they keep winning. If they beat LSU this week they'll be in the SEC Championship game ranked at worse 5th in the country.

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I'm not sold, but they keep winning. If they beat LSU this week they'll be in the SEC Championship game ranked at worse 5th in the country.

Problem is I don't think there are any really dominant teams this year.   Usually I feel I have a somewhat decent idea who the favorite to win it all is, but this year?   Bama's just staying in the rankings bc they haven't lost since week 1.   Sure, their name brand helps no doubt.   This year would have been a great year to have an 8 team playoff.  

• Like 1