The No Nonsense Top 100

Omaha Vol

9 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I agree with you on Treasure Cst. I’ve gone back and forth with them and Seminole. 

But I'm not really arguing they should be top 100. I'm just arguing the 2023 DLS has no stronger a claim than 2023 TC. I could've named Coconut Creek, who is probably better than TC. Or Armwood. Or Eau Gallie. I could go on, and just in Florida. Again, the point is not to argue these teams should be top 100. It's just to point out that, when the resume looks like DLS's this season, it's very easy to find countless other teams who can match that. Particularly when there are so many teams that are impossible to compare to each other...

On 10/19/2023 at 10:00 AM, Atticus Finch said:

The above two quotes, as well was the one below, were all made before my first post in that thread.

In fact, this one was a standalone post where you didn't quote anybody.

No, you really, actually believe this stuff.

Stop being such a coward and just man up.

It was all related to a discussion you were directly involved with. I know the intent of the post because I’m the one who typed it. 

You just actively searched for a post you had baked into your memory from well over a year ago to belittle someone’s opinion and criticize their intelligence and use it to support yours only to find out you were being trolled in the first place. That’s actually what happened. Idiot.

15 hours ago, badrouter said:

My apologies on Coconut Creek as you do have them top 100. But, they are below DLS for no good reason.

I wouldn’t say “for no good reason.” The difference between teams ranked 50-200 is really so small that any one of those teams could move up or drop 20-30 spots in one week. It wouldn’t shock me if Coconut Creek beat DLS (or vice versa) on any given Friday night. The fluid dynamics of my poll are like that. That’s why I rank up to 400. 

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

It was all related to a discussion you were directly involved with. I know the intent of the post because I’m the one who typed it. 

You just actively searched for a post you had baked into your memory from well over a year ago to belittle someone’s opinion and criticize their intelligence and use it to support yours only to find out you were being trolled in the first place. That’s actually what happened. Idiot.

This is just pathetic.

First, you embarrassed yourself by not knowing how calpreps calculated SOS. You clung to your ignorance for as long as you could before you had to concede.

Then you claimed that every DLS team in the calpreps era was top 100. You clung to that for as long as you could too. But this time instead of admitting the truth you pretend that you were joking.

You know, somebody might believe this if you hadn't demonstrated what a complete dumbass you were on several occasions. 

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I wouldn’t say “for no good reason.” The difference between teams ranked 50-200 is really so small that any one of those teams could move up or drop 20-30 spots in one week. It wouldn’t shock me if Coconut Creek beat DLS (or vice versa) on any given Friday night. The fluid dynamics of my poll are like that. That’s why I rank up to 400. 

Coconut creek is garbage . DLS would crush that team . The only reason fanboy is trying to go after DLS is to deflect from the fact that it was a disgrace for CM only beating a team like coconut creek by 5 pts.  And he is out here trying to make a case that CM is a deserving MNC . Absolutely despicable .  SJB and MD, both of them by 30 over CM , at least .

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Coconut creek is garbage . DLS would crush that team . The only reason fanboy is trying to go after DLS is to deflect from the fact that it was a disgrace for CM only beating a team like coconut creek by 5 pts.  And he is out here trying to make a case that CM is a deserving MNC . Absolutely despicable .  SJB and MD, both of them by 30 over CM , at least .

You've reached a whole new level of obnoxiousness. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

You've reached a whole new level of obnoxiousness. 

Your have no credibility when evaluating teams. You just don't have the skill or objectivity .  Everything from you is only to support your narrative, hatred from anything california . Making a case for coconut creek . I had to go watch for myself  after seeing your put down DLS . DLS would roll thru a team like that. They couldn't stop the veer at all. Just an undisciplined no defense type of team . Laughable, really

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, 954gator said:

65!  They've hyper improved a bunch and are easily better than Orange Lutheran already! 

Really, the only rankings that really matter are the 10-15 . When you start getting into the 25-35 than there is a whole lot of debate .  Top 100  kind of means that you are on somebodies radar , but there are a bunch of teams that could be in there . Kind of ridiculous for the lakeland fan trying to attack DLS for being ranked in the 80's or so . Doesn't even matter . 

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Really, the only rankings that really matter are the 10-15 . When you start getting into the 25-35 than there is a whole lot of debate .  Top 100  kind of means that you are on somebodies radar , but there are a bunch of teams that could be in there . Kind of ridiculous for the lakeland fan trying to attack DLS for being ranked in the 80's or so . Doesn't even matter . 

"attack"...for saying they haven't earned a distinguished national ranking? 🤣 Oh, that's right. You're a Bay Area person. Probably woke as hell. Say someone with a penis and testicles is a man? "WaAAAAAAAA you want to erase my existence!!!WAAAAAAA". Say a 5-2 team who's been blown out twice and beaten no one of note? "WAAAAAAA. You're attacking me!!"

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

"attack"...for saying they haven't earned a distinguished national ranking? 🤣 Oh, that's right. You're a Bay Area person. Probably woke as hell. Say someone with a penis and testicles is a man? "WaAAAAAAAA you want to erase my existence!!!WAAAAAAA". Say a 5-2 team who's been blown out twice and beaten no one of note? "WAAAAAAA. You're attacking me!!"

To you an 80th ranking is a distinguished national ranking ?  To me it doesn't mean shit unless it is in the 10-15 .  You, being a fanboy, I guess a top 100 ranking means all the world, when really it is just a bunch of opinions . Keep focused on what CM does and not on what an 80th ranked DLS does . 

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

To you an 80th ranking is a distinguished national ranking ?  To me it doesn't mean shit unless it is in the 10-15 .  You, being a fanboy, I guess a top 100 ranking means all the world, when really it is just a bunch of opinions . Keep focused on what CM does and not on what an 80th ranked DLS does . 

Trigger warning: I will focus on what I wish to focus on.

DLS has absolutely no claim on a top anything ranking nationally this year. There's an extremely long list of teams who can match their resume this year. They are living off of their past, and the rankers' bias-largely through more familiarity- with CA teams. 

Your temper tantrums over my pushing back on a DLS national ranking are very sad. Teams have up and down seasons, especially after losing legendary coaches. My program is down this season after losing the winningest coach in state history. You might note that I've said Omaha had them overrated, too. I find no joy in being a homer for my own team, unless it's to ruffle Canes' feathers. Then, it's a lot of fun.

59 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

80th in the nation is a huge deal for most schools.   Most teams have to be perfect to be ranked there.   

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, 954gator said:

80th in the nation is a huge deal for most schools.   Most teams have to be perfect to be ranked there.   

You being an STA fan know what I mean when I look at being  ranked 80 as non interest .  imagine if STA fell off to be an 80th ranked team . I doubt you would pay much attention . The focus now and always has been is to win state.

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You being an STA fan know what I mean when I look at being  ranked 80 as non interest .  imagine if STA fell off to be an 80th ranked team . I doubt you would pay much attention . The focus now and always has been is to win state.

All it is is debate.  I just thought it was weird bc in some cases Cpreps really favors SOS and then in others it is kind of pushed aside.    Or at least it seems to, but the reality is they have a lot of Northern Cali teams ranked really high, which ends up inflating SOS.    That's my guess anyways.   

8 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

In the last 15 years, STA has been rated 80th or worse 2-3 times. It didn't strip us of our ability to be rational adults. In other words, we didn't lie to make ourselves feel better.

15 hours ago, 954gator said:

All it is is debate.  I just thought it was weird bc in some cases Cpreps really favors SOS and then in others it is kind of pushed aside.    Or at least it seems to, but the reality is they have a lot of Northern Cali teams ranked really high, which ends up inflating SOS.    That's my guess anyways.   

I stopped listening to calpreps long time ago, where right before SBG open in Ca, calpreps had dls ranked 7 or 8 in the state. Really !  dls won the sbg that year.  As the ga poster echs brought up " How do you make sense of this ;  MD 55 > Kahuka 8 :  Kahuka 30 > SJB 22 :  SJB 28 > MD 0 .  If you daisy chain scores , it doesn't follow .  Fanboy just daisy chains scores , except when it doesn't fit his agenda .  Because dls lost ugly 1rst 2 weeks, he thinks that is who they are as of today .  I don't think DLS is all that good personally, relative to them pre- pandemic .  but I know they are a whole lot better than those 1rst 2 games .  Lakeland fan trying to promote coconut creek is very clearly trying to deflect from the fact that that is a black eye for CM . He is also every year upset that his lakeland team doesn't get the recognition that he feels they deserve . He is trying to compare this season's lakeland to this season's dls . I thought it was a given that Lakeland should be considered way higher than dls, especially now that Lakeland has become a district all-star team with huge amounts of transfers each year . But I guess in his brain he has a personal battle in his mind against DLS and every other CA team. 

4 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I stopped listening to calpreps long time ago, where right before SBG open in Ca, calpreps had dls ranked 7 or 8 in the state. Really !  dls won the sbg that year.  As the ga poster echs brought up " How do you make sense of this ;  MD 55 > Kahuka 8 :  Kahuka 30 > SJB 22 :  SJB 28 > MD 0 .  If you daisy chain scores , it doesn't follow .  Fanboy just daisy chains scores , except when it doesn't fit his agenda .  Because dls lost ugly 1rst 2 weeks, he thinks that is who they are as of today .  I don't think DLS is all that good personally, relative to them pre- pandemic .  but I know they are a whole lot better than those 1rst 2 games .  Lakeland fan trying to promote coconut creek is very clearly trying to deflect from the fact that that is a black eye for CM . He is also every year upset that his lakeland team doesn't get the recognition that he feels they deserve . He is trying to compare this season's lakeland to this season's dls . I thought it was a given that Lakeland should be considered way higher than dls, especially now that Lakeland has become a district all-star team with huge amounts of transfers each year . But I guess in his brain he has a personal battle in his mind against DLS and every other CA team. 

This is dishonest. I haven't tried to promote Coconut Creek. I've simply said they have as strong (or stronger) a resume as DLS. But, I've also said DLS shouldn't have any sort of distinguished ranking.