The No Nonsense Top 100

Omaha Vol

19 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You know what’s so crazy is if Miami Central got a first down they would have won at the end vs Bishop Gorman. And the game ended for Central at what was equivalent to 2am in the morning. Now they are sitting at 3-3. 

So the difference between Gorman being number 10 or wherever to number 1 in the country national champions is stopping a 3-3 team who’s body thinks it’s 2am three time zones away in your own stadium on one drive at the end of the game. Lol. 

Late games don't matter too much .  It's those early 12: 00 east coast starting times for traveling western teams that are hard too deal with.  In reality that is a 9:00 am west coast time, and whose body is up and functioning at that time ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

I'm always curious as to what others think. Seeing as how you're from northern Cali what say you about where the Spartans should be? 

If you have other teams like Folsom ranked, then DLS should be ranked .  Definitely they are in the top 100, but there are teams outside the 100 that can beat those in the 100.  If DLS continues to improve and they win D-1 playoff with Folsom, there could be a good game with the matchup of them vs Lincoln  once again . DLS big problem is their qb . Has to learn the pass . SRV and Pitt both loom for upcoming matchups in north coast playoffs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

I'm always curious as to what others think. Seeing as how you're from northern Cali what say you about where the Spartans should be? 

I'm glad to see you recognise how good SJB is this season , despite that lackluster showing vs HI . In fact , if they didn't have that blemish , the way they  have toyed with their opponents, and having followed SJB since 2013 , I would consider them one of the all-time teams.  Their defense is great, and their offense is great . They are so coached up, even more so than MD . They are young and getting better each game . Honestly, I enjoy watching their games this season because I know I'm watching Great football

17 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Where do you think DLS should be ranked? Top 150? 200?

Let's see here:

DLS lost by three touchdowns to an OLU team that will finish 5-5; they were shutout in a four-touchdown loss to a Serra Padres team that we can be sure can not compete with the national elite; they needed OT to beat San Ramon Valley. DLS has no real claim to any sort of distinguished national ranking. So, I don't have a number for you.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Let's see here:

DLS lost by three touchdowns to an OLU team that will finish 5-5; they were shutout in a four-touchdown loss to a Serra Padres team that we can be sure can not compete with the national elite; they needed OT to beat San Ramon Valley. DLS has no real claim to any sort of distinguished national ranking. So, I don't have a number for you.

That was an opening game vs OLU and closer than the score. Same with Serra . They have a ton of new starters this season. What you fail to recognise,  is that dls greatly  improves over the course of a season. You think you know or understand them and their program, but you never will. This team is young, and learning. They got it together and soundly beat Folsom and st. mary's, both teams ranked higher in the ensuing weeks . This team easily fits in top 100 . Top 50 , no . Can they beat teams in the top 50, yes. So can others. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

That was an opening game vs OLU and closer than the score. Same with Serra . They have a ton of new starters this season. What you fail to recognise,  is that dls greatly  improves over the course of a season. You think you know or understand them and their program, but you never will. This team is young, and learning. They got it together and soundly beat Folsom and st. mary's, both teams ranked higher in the ensuing weeks . This team easily fits in top 100 . Top 50 , no . Can they beat teams in the top 50, yes. So can others. 

#HYPERIMPROVEMENT

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

Let's see here:

DLS lost by three touchdowns to an OLU team that will finish 5-5;

Two of OLu's losses came when they were effectively playing their 3rd and 4th string QBs.

they were shutout in a four-touchdown loss to a Serra Padres team that we can be sure can not compete with the national elite;

What elite?  Top 10?  Top 50?  Top 100?  What evidence do you have that they couldn't compete with #40-100?

they needed OT to beat San Ramon Valley.

What evidence do you have that SRV is not also very good?

DLS has no real claim to any sort of distinguished national ranking. So, I don't have a number for you.

Could this be because of significant ignorance and sheer lack of evidence?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

If you have other teams like Folsom ranked, then DLS should be ranked .  Definitely they are in the top 100, but there are teams outside the 100 that can beat those in the 100.  If DLS continues to improve and they win D-1 playoff with Folsom, there could be a good game with the matchup of them vs Lincoln  once again . DLS big problem is their qb . Has to learn the pass . SRV and Pitt both loom for upcoming matchups in north coast playoffs

DLS will only play both teams if they lose to the first in the NCS playoffs due to the goofy setup.

Also, if they do win the NCS Open title, good chance they'll play Clovis North, not Folsom.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

Let's see here:

DLS lost by three touchdowns to an OLU team that will finish 5-5; 

Oh yes, they'll definitely finish 5-5 this year, but having that record when the worst team you played on the schedule was a top 3-5 team from another state, is pretty damn impressive. That schedule is brutal! 

On 10/17/2023 at 2:25 AM, Omaha Vol said:

25, Bixby,OK

Even more complete nonsense....

ZERO quality wins and one of the weakest SOS's in the nation. Not even debatable.

Bixby has never played a "national level" team or proven they can even hang with anyone in a Top 25 Poll. .

If someone wants to reward Bixby's cuteness stick them at #75 or something.

#25?...only hillbillies from Tennessee believe this. 

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Even more complete nonsense....

ZERO quality wins and one of the weakest SOS's in the nation. Not even debatable.

Bixby has never played a "national level" team or proven they can even hang with anyone in a Top 25 Poll. .

If someone wants to reward Bixby's cuteness stick at #75 or something.

#25?...only hillbillies from Tennessee believe this. 

Bixby's D1 talent in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 classes per 247sports. 👇 

That's it.

That said I don't believe you necessarily need 30-35 D1s to be good at high school football, but you have to bring "something" to the fight.

Screenshot_20231019-054159-508.png

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Bixby's D1 talent in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 classes per 247sports. 👇 

That's it.

That said I don't believe you necessarily need 30-35 D1s to be good at high school football, but you have to bring "something" to the fight.

Screenshot_20231019-054159-508.png

He needs to have Augustine or Holy Crap in the top 25. They bring real football players to the field. 

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He needs to have Augustine or Holy Crap in the top 25. They bring real football players to the field. 

Or usc....will you be *driving* this week when usc plays Utah?

4A Private St Thomas More, La (aka STM) who is 7-0 has better wins than  Bixby, OK.......about the same shit SOS overall.

STM has beaten Brother Martin (NOLA) convincingly 41-7 and Catholic (Baton Rouge) 35-28.

STM has a huge game in a couple of weeks with Lafayette Christian Academy (the real LCA) to decide that district champion

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

much nonsense: Bixby #25

calpreps: Bixby #120

RED: fuck Bixby, #92 instead of Allen, TX

It appears you’re still butt hurt about all of your Lousyana teams….

Hell, I think OK’s #2 and 3 teams would be successful against your LA swamp turd teams. Only Karr looks formidable from your shit hole state. 

14 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

If you have other teams like Folsom ranked, then DLS should be ranked .  Definitely they are in the top 100, 

I'm hesitant to give one of Omaha Vol's threads any juice but this is too rich to turn down.

I don't remember if it was you or one of the other California clowns, but there's a quote out there of someone claiming that DLS has always been a top 100 team. Like, every single one of their teams was top 100.

I mean if you think something as dumb as that then of course you also think that this sorry ass DLS team is top 100 as well.