message board appeasement

181pl

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I think this sums it up pretty well.

My favorite is that Trump is really strong and defends people! But he's also anti-war and doesn't want to commit American troops! But also don't mess with him because he's really, really strong!

It really, really bothers you people that under Trump there were no new wars, Russia invaded... nobody... and instead of Hamas terrorists slaughtering people in Israel, we had peace accords between Israel and Muslim nations.

Well... eat shit, assholes!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

GolfAddict media bias rates this BS.  Multiple sources shared yesterday, including 2:42 of an interview showing Drumpf did the same thing w Iran and 3rd party holding of funds.  

Yet here we are… Elon loves you! 

Really....

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said his government will decide how it will spend $6 billion in previously frozen funds due to be released in a prisoner exchange agreement with the U.S., telling NBC News’ Lester Holt that the money will be spent "wherever we need it." 

In the interview, Raisi said that Iran would have “authority” over how the funds would be spent. “This money belongs to the Iranian people, the Iranian government, so the Islamic Republic of Iran will decide what to do with this money,” he said, according to an Iranian government translator.

Asked if the money would be used for other purposes apart from humanitarian needs, Raisi said: “Humanitarian means whatever the Iranian people needs, so this money will be budgeted for those needs, and the needs of the Iranian people will be decided and determined by the Iranian government.”

Critics of the deal argue that by giving Iran access to the blocked funds, the Biden administration is allowing Tehran to free up other money that it could use to buy weapons or back proxies in the Mideast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

GolfAddict media bias rates this BS.  Multiple sources shared yesterday, including 2:42 of an interview showing Drumpf did the same thing w Iran and 3rd party holding of funds.  

Yet here we are… Elon loves you! 

Show me where Trump gave 6 Billion to the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Show me where Trump gave 6 Billion to the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East?

This isn’t US Taxpayer money and not a cent has been touched to date.   

I’ll look into the 2:42 3rd party example mentioned by Psaki later on.   Seemed very apples to apples.  Was a solid interview. She let the guy speak and corrected him.  She didn’t constantly butt in like many interviewers do. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Really....

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said his government will decide how it will spend $6 billion in previously frozen funds due to be released in a prisoner exchange agreement with the U.S., telling NBC News’ Lester Holt that the money will be spent "wherever we need it." 

In the interview, Raisi said that Iran would have “authority” over how the funds would be spent. “This money belongs to the Iranian people, the Iranian government, so the Islamic Republic of Iran will decide what to do with this money,” he said, according to an Iranian government translator.

Asked if the money would be used for other purposes apart from humanitarian needs, Raisi said: “Humanitarian means whatever the Iranian people needs, so this money will be budgeted for those needs, and the needs of the Iranian people will be decided and determined by the Iranian government.”

Critics of the deal argue that by giving Iran access to the blocked funds, the Biden administration is allowing Tehran to free up other money that it could use to buy weapons or back proxies in the Mideast.

Did you expect a man in that position to say “yes sir, whatever you say sir”?  re: US demands/requirements/restrictions/control ?   I’m not a guru on US sanctions with Iran, but I’m guessing this prez isn’t kosher with them. 

Look at his title and country name.  What’s next, approval from China and Russia for US sanctions?  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Did you expect a man in that position to say “yes sir, whatever you say sir”?  re: US demands/requirements/restrictions/control ?   I’m not a guru on US sanctions with Iran, but I’m guessing this prez isn’t kosher with them. 

Look at his title and country name.  What’s next, approval from China and Russia for US sanctions?  

We gave Iran 6 Billion, their president says we will do whatever we want with the money. They can move money allocated for humanitarian to terror and we wouldn’t know the difference. And this is your response. Fantastic. Hey here’s idea let’s not give the country that is committed to ending the West mainly the US and Israel 6 BILLION fucking dollars. Just an idea. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

This isn’t US Taxpayer money and not a cent has been touched to date.   

I’ll look into the 2:42 3rd party example mentioned by Psaki later on.   Seemed very apples to apples.  Was a solid interview. She let the guy speak and corrected him.  She didn’t constantly butt in like many interviewers do. 

I agree with Obama’s defense secretary Robert Gates, Biden has “been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.” The final nail in the coffin of Middle East peace will be Biden’s mangling of Trump’s Abraham Accords.

Biden is a train wreck of epic proportions and you idiots keep making excuses for complete cluster fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I agree with Obama’s defense secretary Robert Gates, Biden has “been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to fuck things up.”

- Barack Obama

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Warrior said:

We gave Iran 6 Billion, their president says we will do whatever we want with the money. They can move money allocated for humanitarian to terror and we wouldn’t know the difference. And this is your response. Fantastic. Hey here’s idea let’s not give the country that is committed to ending the West mainly the US and Israel 6 BILLION fucking dollars. Just an idea. 

7 hours ago, Warrior said:

I agree with Obama’s defense secretary Robert Gates, Biden has “been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.” The final nail in the coffin of Middle East peace will be Biden’s mangling of Trump’s Abraham Accords.

Biden is a train wreck of epic proportions and you idiots keep making excuses for complete cluster fuck. 

I’ll have to pass on this intellectually stimulating discussion until tomorrow and/or until I’m comfortable adding all the data I’ll retrieve.  

Wife has had wifi all day today incl flight en route to Germany now and she’s chatty.  Probably on 2nd beverage.  :) 

Plus holding down the work fort and wearing her hats at work to ensure she has a more comfortable trip.  *

* also = next 3 weeks+, less M-F posts (crowd goes wild!)  

@ChimpGrip nails I mentioned other day?  You can see the design.  😂 

Stock market 3rd green day in a row btw.   Tune in tomorrow or soon after for Iran Contra.  :)   #4decadesbiden

71875529244__01DBBE34-BAA4-4617-8440-2E760B9501BF.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_6460.jpeg

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll have to pass on this intellectually stimulating discussion until tomorrow and/or until I’m comfortable adding all the data I’ll retrieve.  

Wife has had wifi all day today incl flight en route to Germany now and she’s chatty.  Probably on 2nd beverage.  :) 

Plus holding down the work fort and wearing her hats at work to ensure she has a more comfortable trip.  *

Stock market 3rd green day in a row btw.   Tune in tomorrow for Iran Contra.  :)   #4decadesbiden

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_6460.jpeg

Nice manicure, Buttercup.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 1:40 PM, Warrior said:

Besides the obvious - the 6 billion wasn't needed to complete this swap and only make use more vulnerable in the future there is this....

The $6 billion transfer carries three potential risks. The first is the risk of abuse. As in the past, Iran could find ways to fraudulently claim a certain transaction is humanitarian or smuggle humanitarian goods abroad for profit. In practice, no mechanism, no matter how strict, can eliminate these risks while still facilitating food and medical sales. In addition to being vigilant about diversion and abuse, Washington should explain to the public how it will seek to identify and deter such behavior on an ongoing basis.

Second, even if the mechanism works perfectly, money is ultimately fungible. That is, even though the $6 billion from South Korea would be limited to humanitarian purchases, releasing it would free up an equal amount of money that Tehran could use for other purposes, including the defense sector. That said, claims that Iran would commit all of these resources toward nefarious purposes are likely exaggerated. Tehran has competing domestic requirements for its money, and the military and nuclear enterprise has hardly been starved for resources...

Henry Rome is a senior fellow at The Washington Institute.

Thank you! For obvious reasons, the Democrats, and Planned Parenthood are the two worst groups when it comes to understanding the concept highlighted in red above. But do they really not understand the fungibility of money, or are they just hoping that the people on the other side of the arguments don't?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Stock market 3rd green day in a row btw.   Tune in tomorrow or soon after for Iran Contra.  :)   #4decadesbiden

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_6460.jpeg

Haha I need that (but for the toes)

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I can see why that’s on your mind…your failure to please your wife.  Oops, ex wife. 

Lack of sense of humor.  Check 

Spaz athletically  Check 

Trifecta 👍🏻

5 hours of work ^^^. 👍

Maybe you were busy doing your nails while she bent you over the sink. But the mile-high club is the mile-high club, amirite?

Enjoy the good beer.