USD ICHS Stock market

golfaddict1

Solid performance on your side, as expected.  👍🏻

Having 10 pct in GLD and PM overall is frustrating much of the time, but I’ve stayed the course and benefited recently.  

Health sector has been a bummer.  My longest holding mutual fund, I’ve decided to retire as one of the two funds being liquidated within 5-7 business days.  Nice gain to bank, but it’s lagged too long recently imo.  Hybrid of pharma/biotech is not clicking.   Health sector was my largest holding, even over tech for some odd reason (mistake!). 

So far so good for today.  Looks like Superman (Nvidia) got a boost from Asia sales today.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Solid performance on your side, as expected.  👍🏻

Having 10 pct in GLD and PM overall is frustrating much of the time, but I’ve stayed the course and benefited recently.  

Health sector has been a bummer.  My longest holding mutual fund, I’ve decided to retire as one of the two funds being liquidated within 5-7 business days.  Nice gain to bank, but it’s lagged too long recently imo.  Hybrid of pharma/biotech is not clicking.   Health sector was my largest holding, even over tech for some odd reason (mistake!). 

So far so good for today.  Looks like Superman (Nvidia) got a boost from Asia sales today.  

For the first time in this bull market cycle, I am actually mildly bullish on a few stocks in the healthcare sector. LLY and VRTX being two. But, in general, I tend to stay away as the way payments work in this area of the market (at least in the USA) would give Einstein a headache. 

Sold Nike and took a 1.6% gain in 6 weeks or so.  
Wasn’t feeling it.  

42 holdings now @DarterBlue… 25 Stocks, 7 ETF’s and 10 mutual funds.  Soon to be 40 holdings when 2 mutual funds drop   

Stocks:

AAPL, AG, AWR, CCJ, CWT, EMX, EQX, FNV, FSRN, GRWG, HL, IBM, KHC, KVUE, MAG, MARA, MNMD, PG, RHHBY, SAND, SJW, SNOW, VWAPY, WPM, WTRG 

ETF’s:

ETHE, GLD, JAAA, JBBB, LVHI, SH, SRUUF 

Funds:  The 8 staying 

Core:  BDAFX, 3 T Rowe Price LC funds (Int’l, blend and value) 

Mega tech heavy - FOCPX

HY Bond - PHYSX 

2 strong portfolio mgr’s… GQHPX (Rajiv Jain, based in ft laud…manages multiple funds and they are all solid) & TAVFX (last name Fine and the performance has been)  

Top 1/3 of 42 = 70 pct of portfolio 

Top 1/2 =  82 pct 

Top 2/3 =  91 pct 

When I sell the health sector fund, I’m still covered.  
RNA was a nice biotech stock gainer for me, that I sold last month.  
MNMD I’m holding a very nice gain and Roche Holdings (RHHBY) I’m up about 8 pct in a short amount of time.  I bought near the bottom on Roche I think/hope.   Plus the usual HC Blue chip suspects in mutual funds.  

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sold Nike and took a 1.6% gain in 6 weeks or so.  
Wasn’t feeling it.  

42 holdings now @DarterBlue… 25 Stocks, 7 ETF’s and 10 mutual funds.  Soon to be 40 holdings when 2 mutual funds drop   

Stocks:

AAPL, AG, AWR, CCJ, CWT, EMX, EQX, FNV, FSRN, GRWG, HL, IBM, KHC, KVUE, MAG, MARA, MNMD, PG, RHHBY, SAND, SJW, SNOW, VWAPY, WPM, WTRG 

ETF’s:

ETHE, GLD, JAAA, JBBB, LVHI, SH, SRUUF 

Funds:  The 8 staying 

Core:  BDAFX, 3 T Rowe Price LC funds (Int’l, blend and value) 

Mega tech heavy - FOCPX

HY Bond - PHYSX 

2 strong portfolio mgr’s… GQHPX (Rajiv Jain, based in ft laud…manages multiple funds and they are all solid) & TAVFX (last name Fine and the performance has been)  

Top 1/3 of 42 = 70 pct of portfolio 

Top 1/2 =  82 pct 

Top 2/3 =  91 pct 

When I sell the health sector fund, I’m still covered.  
RNA was a nice biotech stock gainer for me, that I sold last month.  
MNMD I’m holding a very nice gain and Roche Holdings (RHHBY) I’m up about 8 pct in a short amount of time.  I bought near the bottom on Roche I think/hope.   Plus the usual HC Blue chip suspects in mutual funds.  

Your approach is way more diversified than mine. Currently I have 9 stocks and 1 option position in my active portfolio. I have room for one more stock position. My mutual funds include an S&P 500 Index Fund and a Mid Cap Fund. My third mutual fund, is an international fund.

My stock holdings are: NVDA which was purchased over a year ago; NMM, CAVA, RCL, NFLX, CELH, QQQ, VRTX and BYDDY. As a fairly active trader, it's rare for me to hold a stock position more than a year. But Nvidia has behaved so well that I still have 60% of the original number of shares that I bought. Half of the 40% sold were sold at a 50% profit and the other half at a 125% profit. I may actually pare back 20% of the remaining holding in it today or tomorrow as it is now significantly overweight in my portfolio. If I do that, I will have approximately 50% of the original shares left, which I will let run until the stock flashes a clear sell signal. 

With the exception of BYDDY, the other stocks listed above (including the QQQ which is effectively a stock index), were recent purchases. They largely replaced solid winners the best of which were: TOL, FIX, IGV, SOXX and ELF. I also recently cut MSFT, FOUR and PCOR which were disappointments. 

I have held on to BYDDY because I think its the best EV maker in the world. Its cars don't sell in the USA because of the state of relations between the US and China. But they are superior to Tesla's offerings at a much better price. They now dominate China's market and I suspect will end up dominating the rest of Asia, Latin America and Africa. Therefore, I have patiently held it for the past seven months despite having a small loss of about 3% in the position. The growth story is just too compelling to me. They are the reason TSLA has had to cut prices furiously in the past year as it fights to maintain its shrinking market share abroad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Congrats on NVDA DB.  I call that stock Superman.  :) 

I’m slowly reducing my holdings and would like to get down to 30 (drop 10 more).  

Your portfolio is similar to my kids portfolios that I manage. 
Few holdings and aggressive, but less aggressive for my daughter because she likely will use the money sooner.  

Wife and I are retiring in October, so my aggressiveness over the years has mellowed to more of a zone defense (safety net).  
But not a 4 corner Dean Smith O either.  Gotta have mega tech participation, for example.  

Dips are healthy too.  
#Longtermfocus

• Thanks 1

Lousy start in June for me DB… clearly visible as my performance is the dark line vs S&P500 lighter line.  

Gold and PM, along with materials got hammered yesterday.  

My top 15 holdings are 75 pct of the portfolio now.  Top 20 of 40 total is 83% currently.   

IMG_0108.jpeg

@ChimpGrip @GoBigBlack@DarterBlue

@Atticus Finch

FYI, I learned about an esg S&P500 index fund this past week.   Ticker is EFIV and it’s performed better than SPY, VOO and my fav FNILX the past 3 years. 

Currently, 323 holdings vs S&P500’s 503 holdings.  

———————-

Bond fans (shaken, not stirred) 

JAAA and JBBB.  
I recommend both right now, especially JAAA.  The yield with little risk at this high a rated level is too good to pass up imo.  
As nice as MM yields are, why not stretch your income further?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@ChimpGrip @GoBigBlack@DarterBlue

@Atticus Finch

FYI, I learned about an esg S&P500 index fund this past week.   Ticker is EFIV and it’s performed better than SPY, VOO and my fav FNILX the past 3 years. 

Currently, 323 holdings vs S&P500’s 503 holdings.  

———————-

Bond fans (shaken, not stirred) 

JAAA and JBBB.  
I recommend both right now, especially JAAA.  The yield with little risk at this high a rated level is too good to pass up imo.  
As nice as MM yields are, why not stretch your income further?  

EFIV has a strong chart. The only negative I see is that it's very thinly traded. That likely means the bid/ask spread is probably fairly wide. I may look into it further, though.

I have not made a great start to June either. I am up for the week and month, but barely (.38%). That does not match the NASDAQ indices and S&P. But secondary stocks have not performed well this past week and there's been a lot of rotation. 

I am still bullish though. I just don't think the market is ready to roll over yet. 

I sold 18% of my remaining NVDA holdings Friday morning for a profit of 207%. With that sale, I now have a tad more than 50% of my original purchase. It's my plan to let these ride until either the stock or the market or both top. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

EFIV has a strong chart. The only negative I see is that it's very thinly traded. That likely means the bid/ask spread is probably fairly wide. I may look into it further, though.

I have not made a great start to June either. I am up for the week and month, but barely (.38%). That does not match the NASDAQ indices and S&P. But secondary stocks have not performed well this past week and there's been a lot of rotation. 

I am still bullish though. I just don't think the market is ready to roll over yet. 

I sold 18% of my remaining NVDA holdings Friday morning for a profit of 207%. With that sale, I now have a tad more than 50% of my original purchase. It's my plan to let these ride until either the stock or the market or both top. 

Congrats again on NVDA.  

Good point on low volume with EFIV.  I didn’t notice that and would be an instant no thx if there is a wide bid/ask spread.  
If I can remember, I’ll check tomorrow and update.  

My barbell approach lost a collar and weights dropped from one side last week.  😂  

I’m still very pleased overall for the past year and expect the collar to be well tightened for the rest of June.  

Middle row is my performance w expense fees and no MM interest is calculated unfortunately.  Morningstar should really update that.  
Bottom row is S&P500 index, no fees.  

IMG_0109.jpeg

19 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Darter, I would love to get your input on my thread. I’m still a young Bull trying to find his way :(

… to further elaborate & accentuate JAAA and JBBB,  

Disregard LVHI.  It is not bond related and just happened to be within the list of tickers I wanted to share.  

FDRXX and PRRXX are typical MM funds within a large mutual fund source.   PHYSX is a high yield bond fund (similar duration as JAAA and JBBB, with supposedly more risk) and lastly JAAA and JBBB.  

Total return for month, 3 mo and a year, along with category ranking per Morningstar.  

As you can see, performance for the two CLO’s has been quite good and the weather seems to look the same for now.  

Invest at your own risk, but hard to dismiss this performance.  

I’ve been raising both ETF’s whenever a dip is shown.  Thats the advantage of an etf vs mutual fund also, as you can immediately react when a dip is saying hi.  

MM’s, low 5 pct for past year, which is solid, but…

IMG_0127.jpeg

IMG_0129.png

IMG_0128.png

IMG_0130.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2024 at 5:28 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Lousy start in June for me DB… clearly visible as my performance is the dark line vs S&P500 lighter line.  

Gold and PM, along with materials got hammered yesterday.  

My top 15 holdings are 75 pct of the portfolio now.  Top 20 of 40 total is 83% currently.   

IMG_0108.jpeg

Lousy middle and lousy finish in June as well @DarterBlue

I hope your June fared better.  

My month of (Uncle)June described in one photo… 😂 

IMG_0541.jpeg

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lousy middle and lousy finish in June as well @DarterBlue

I hope your June fared better.  

My month of (Uncle)June described in one photo… 😂 

IMG_0541.jpeg

My June was nothing special but it was not bad. I was up about 1.5% on the month. I sold a few things, notably trimmed my NVDA position to just over 50% of the original buy, and I bought a few things, notably FICO and VRTX. The jury is out on VRTX which I am flat line on, while I am off to a good start on FICO. 

I leave for an extended road trip the beginning of the week after next that will take me from Chicago to China and then back to Central Florida by the end of July. I am leaving my older son in charge of things during my three week absence. While he may not make identical moves to mirror me, I trust his judgment. We hit a temporary level of resistance on both the NASDAQ and and S&P today. Early in the session we were in all time high territory, but then we reversed lower. The fact it was not an especially vicious reversal means to my way of thinking that there's likely more weakness to come near term.  

7 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

My June was nothing special but it was not bad. I was up about 1.5% on the month. I sold a few things, notably trimmed my NVDA position to just over 50% of the original buy, and I bought a few things, notably FICO and VRTX. The jury is out on VRTX which I am flat line on, while I am off to a good start on FICO. 

I leave for an extended road trip the beginning of the week after next that will take me from Chicago to China and then back to Central Florida by the end of July. I am leaving my older son in charge of things during my three week absence. While he may not make identical moves to mirror me, I trust his judgment. We hit a temporary level of resistance on both the NASDAQ and and S&P today. Early in the session we were in all time high territory, but then we reversed lower. The fact it was not an especially vicious reversal means to my way of thinking that there's likely more weakness to come near term.  

Enjoy your trip!

I’m enjoying a Europe trip with my family currently.  

We are currently in Krakow, Poland and will be heading to Zakopane (Tatra mountains) on Monday for a short stay.  
Back to Cologne Germany vicinity (where my daughter resides with her boyfriend) and a visit to Belgium before our flight back on sentencing day 😂, July 11th. 

My son and his wife visited London, are currently with us in Krakow and will finish up in Barcelona next week.  

My parents in law’s 60th wedding anniversary celebration party is tomorrow. 

First, mass at Mogila Abbey, a 13th century built monastery, where they were married and where my wife and I were married as well.  

I lost time to finish the stock portion and will add later.  Breakfast and coffee is staring at me. :) 

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg

• Like 1

-1.65 pct loss in June for me vs
S&P500 index +3.82% and Morningstar’s market index +3.36%  

YTD, +12.93%  s&p500 +15.29%   (85%) 

1 yr,  +22.44%  s&p500 +26.01%   (86%) 

Interest from MM, bonds and likely some dividends from stocks/funds (1/2 year point) will be nice to add next week, but won’t change the negative return.  

Current stocks: 

AG, AAPL, AWR, CCJ, CWT, EMX, EQX, FNV, GRWG, HL, IBM, KHC, KVUE, MAG, MARA, MNMD, PG, SAND, SJW, SNOW, VWAPY, WPM, WTRG

Still long GLD, ETHE and SRUUF (Uranium)

Funds focus mostly LC blend and growth, but also a good 20% covering Int’l.  

Bonds:  JAAA, JBBB and PHYSX 

IMG_0564.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 9:29 PM, golfaddict1 said:

As expected, it was approved after closing 

Ethereum cranked today on the expected news.  

Eventually, they’ll be Ethereum ETF’s, as long as the Bitcoin etf’s run smoothly. 

https://www.reuters.com/technology/spot-ether-etfs-likely-begin-trading-july-23-industry-sources-say-2024-07-15/

For ETHE share holders (like me, with current 2.5% expense fee) 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/grayscale-investments-announces-record-date-203000925.html

• 3 weeks later...