CFB Today

HurricaneNick

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 9:38 AM, GoBigBlack said:

Well, they have the #9 ranked receiving group in college. They have at least two WRs who will be drafted early to mid round. Their TE will go in the mid to late rounds. Their #1 RB will play on Sundays and they go four deep there with not much drop off. Their LT is rated as high as #2 in will go in the 1st/2nd round, and their RT was a 1st team Freshman All American last year. This is their best line in a long time. Their QB was PAC 12 freshman of the year at Wazzu in 2020 and the backup who played last night is better… he’s a true sophomore and was ranked the #8 QB in high school, in all classes, two years ago. 

On defense they loaded up in the portal and have good young talent returning. They stacked the line with former 4 stars like Tyler Manoa and Bill Norton, who played in the title game for Georgia last year, and they’re deep on the defensive front and rotate a lot of talent. They also added a 4* LB from UW and a 5* from Oregon. They also have the leading tackler in the conference who leads a talented and underrated sophomore class. 

Oh, and their head coach is Jedd Fisch. Check the resume, it ain’t bad. And they had a top 25 recruiting class and killed it in the portal. And I’ve seen them play every game and you couldn’t name a single player on their team. I’ve been following Fisch’s project in Tucson for several years, and there’s a reason they sold out their first game in a Coon’s age last night… because their team is good for the first time in a while, and good enough to play anyone in the country to a one-score game like they did against UW. I am a homer, no doubt, but they are a borderline top 25 team right now at this moment. You can accept that or ignore the results. 

A couple receipts, too… I’m not all of a sudden saying Arizona is good in order to defend Washington and the PAC 12 because last night made them look bad or some bullshit like that. I’ve been saying it. 

Here’s my comment from during last season on 11/13/22 —

I watch a lot of PAC 12 these days because of small kids and the times the games come on. This is the most competitive the conference has been in years. They have six or seven legitimate top 25 teams, they just don’t have a title contender. For casual fans who just like to watch good games, there have been some really great ones this year.

I said at the start of the season that Arizona was going to likely be the most improved team in the country. UConn may have proved me wrong, but Arizona’s offense is loaded and good enough to hang with pretty much anyone. The defense is a project and they’re missing some big pieces, but they’ve improved a lot, too. The Wildcats start five true freshman from the #1 recruiting class in the conference, and several others get in the rotation. Only two or three seniors. I’d be surprised if the Wildcats aren’t a top 15 program within two years. Jedd Fisch is doing big things, the players seem to love him, and they’ve generated a ton of excitement and support from the fans. 

Or my comment from the 5/14/23 in the spring —

They finish the season against preseason #12, #13, #14, #15, and UCLA. And Arizona returns almost everybody from a top 20 offense and they’ve been coming up big on defense in the transfer portal. Pretty tough stretch to get through.

Yup. Now 6-1 against the spread and 4-0 against the spread as underdogs. Have I mentioned Arizona is a good football team?

image.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 9:38 AM, GoBigBlack said:

Well, they have the #9 ranked receiving group in college. They have at least two WRs who will be drafted early to mid round. Their TE will go in the mid to late rounds. Their #1 RB will play on Sundays and they go four deep there with not much drop off. Their LT is rated as high as #2 in will go in the 1st/2nd round, and their RT was a 1st team Freshman All American last year. This is their best line in a long time. Their QB was PAC 12 freshman of the year at Wazzu in 2020 and the backup who played last night is better… he’s a true sophomore and was ranked the #8 QB in high school, in all classes, two years ago. 

On defense they loaded up in the portal and have good young talent returning. They stacked the line with former 4 stars like Tyler Manoa and Bill Norton, who played in the title game for Georgia last year, and they’re deep on the defensive front and rotate a lot of talent. They also added a 4* LB from UW and a 5* from Oregon. They also have the leading tackler in the conference who leads a talented and underrated sophomore class. 

Oh, and their head coach is Jedd Fisch. Check the resume, it ain’t bad. And they had a top 25 recruiting class and killed it in the portal. And I’ve seen them play every game and you couldn’t name a single player on their team. I’ve been following Fisch’s project in Tucson for several years, and there’s a reason they sold out their first game in a Coon’s age last night… because their team is good for the first time in a while, and good enough to play anyone in the country to a one-score game like they did against UW. I am a homer, no doubt, but they are a borderline top 25 team right now at this moment. You can accept that or ignore the results. 

A couple receipts, too… I’m not all of a sudden saying Arizona is good in order to defend Washington and the PAC 12 because last night made them look bad or some bullshit like that. I’ve been saying it. 

Here’s my comment from during last season on 11/13/22 —

I watch a lot of PAC 12 these days because of small kids and the times the games come on. This is the most competitive the conference has been in years. They have six or seven legitimate top 25 teams, they just don’t have a title contender. For casual fans who just like to watch good games, there have been some really great ones this year.

I said at the start of the season that Arizona was going to likely be the most improved team in the country. UConn may have proved me wrong, but Arizona’s offense is loaded and good enough to hang with pretty much anyone. The defense is a project and they’re missing some big pieces, but they’ve improved a lot, too. The Wildcats start five true freshman from the #1 recruiting class in the conference, and several others get in the rotation. Only two or three seniors. I’d be surprised if the Wildcats aren’t a top 15 program within two years. Jedd Fisch is doing big things, the players seem to love him, and they’ve generated a ton of excitement and support from the fans. 

Or my comment from the 5/14/23 in the spring —

They finish the season against preseason #12, #13, #14, #15, and UCLA. And Arizona returns almost everybody from a top 20 offense and they’ve been coming up big on defense in the transfer portal. Pretty tough stretch to get through.

image.gif.c1ee4f826a71f4a3f1b3a02a1c86d965.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Georgia is now playing like people thought they would prior to the season. They looked great against pretty good Ole Miss and Tennessee teams. 
But I’m calling it now. The Oregon Ducks will be your national champions this season. 

Maybe so, but we all know the truth…

1. Arizona

2. Oregon

3. Georgia 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Georgia is now playing like people thought they would prior to the season. They looked great against pretty good Ole Miss and Tennessee teams. 
But I’m calling it now. The Oregon Ducks will be your national champions this season. 

Wow.  Bold.  I think they might be the best one loss team, but would they get the bid over a Texas team that has a win over bama?   

Assuming they don't give it to Arizona of course 😉

7 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Wow.  Bold.  I think they might be the best one loss team, but would they get the bid over a Texas team that has a win over bama?   

Assuming they don't give it to Arizona of course 😉

Yes. Washington plays in a superior conference and has more wins against ranked opponents.

• Thanks 1