Some FL scores

golfaddict1

https://x.com/flahsfootball/status/1710453766766420083?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Click on link and photo to see scores.  

MNW 10 Miami Central 7  HT 

MNW 10 MC 17   F

Cocoa 7    Seminole 3     Half 

Cocoa 28  Seminole 3    F

Western 7  AHP 6    3rd 

AHP 28  Western 14   F

IMG 49 Bartram Trail 20  F 

CM 35 Dillard 14   Half
CM 55 Dillard 20   F

Venice 28  Manatee 17  Half 

Venice 56  Manatee  24  F

Columbia  14 Bolles 14  Half 

Bolles 31 Columbia  35  F

Thursday Oct 5  

Norland 20  BTW  19

https://highschool.si.com/florida/2023/10/06/florida-high-school-football-thriller-norland-nips-booker-t-washington

IMG_6332.jpeg

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://x.com/flahsfootball/status/1710453766766420083?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Click on link and photo to see scores.  

MNW 10 Miami Central 7  HT 

MNW 10 MC 17   4th

Cocoa 7    Seminole 3     Half 

Cocoa 28  Seminole 3    F

Western 7  AHP 6    3rd 

AHP 28  Western 14   F

IMG 49 Bartram Trail 20  F 

CM 35 Dillard 14   Half
CM 55 Dillard 20   F

Venice 28  Manatee 17  Half 

Venice 56. Manatee  24  4th

Columbia  14 Bolles 14  Half 

Bolles 31 Columbia 28  4th

Thursday Oct 5  

Norland 20  BTW  19

https://highschool.si.com/florida/2023/10/06/florida-high-school-football-thriller-norland-nips-booker-t-washington

IMG_6332.jpeg

Is Venice that good or has manatee fallen off the cliff  ?

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 1:33 PM, 941Indian said:

Coconut Creek staying within 8 of Chaminade was very impressive. Are they a threat in 3M South to STA? Hard to say. But they are certainly a top 25 team in Florida and should remain there until proven otherwise. 

Would pay to see that game- this is the year for STA to go down. Cocoa is very solid and beat STA at their place, so unless their refs are calling the game they can be beat.

7 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Is Venice that good or has manatee fallen off the cliff  ?

Venice is very good. Dual threat QB and a very good RB. Stout defense. If they don't make the playoff's it will be that the FHSAA had screwed around with how Florida seeds teams now.

If you play a weak schedule and go undefeated you have a chance to be placed at the top of the seeding brackets. If you play a tough schedule and lose one or 2 games to very good teams then you risk not making the playoffs or traveling to play an undefeated soft team. You lose gate money and pay to play.

Florida's power ranking system.

https://fhsaa.com/rankings.aspx?path=football

Seems SOS doesn't count for much in this system.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

Venice is very good. Dual threat QB and a very good RB. Stout defense. If they don't make the playoff's it will be that the FHSAA had screwed around with how Florida seeds teams now.

If you play a weak schedule and go undefeated you have a chance to be placed at the top of the seeding brackets. If you play a tough schedule and lose one or 2 games to very good teams then you risk not making the playoffs or traveling to play an undefeated soft team. You lose gate money and pay to play.

Florida's power ranking system.

https://fhsaa.com/rankings.aspx?path=football

Seems SOS doesn't count for much in this system.

You've got it completely wrong.

They use the Maxpreps computer ratings which heavily weighs SOS.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bamarod said:

Would pay to see that game- this is the year for STA to go down. Cocoa is very solid and beat STA at their place, so unless their refs are calling the game they can be beat.

Agree with you. From reading my screen name alone, I'm sure you can tell that I'm not exactly STA's biggest fan, lol. But I do think that STA has some chinks in their armor this year that weren't present in teams like 2019, 2016, or 2008. Their defensive secondary is beatable if your offensive line can give the QB time. They themselves have a young QB who is improving but not the leader that Zion was. 

Will be interesting to see if Dillard, Coconut Creek, or Homestead are able to KO STA in their region.  Edgewater, Jones, Armwood, Tampa Bay Tech, etc. I believe have defenses that could contain STA, but are their offenses dynamic enough to divide up the field and keep them off balance? Only time will tell. 

27 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

Agree with you. From reading my screen name alone, I'm sure you can tell that I'm not exactly STA's biggest fan, lol. But I do think that STA has some chinks in their armor this year that weren't present in teams like 2019, 2016, or 2008. Their defensive secondary is beatable if your offensive line can give the QB time. They themselves have a young QB who is improving but not the leader that Zion was. 

Will be interesting to see if Dillard, Coconut Creek, or Homestead are able to KO STA in their region.  Edgewater, Jones, Armwood, Tampa Bay Tech, etc. I believe have defenses that could contain STA, but are their offenses dynamic enough to divide up the field and keep them off balance? Only time will tell. 

It would be a major upset if Dillard beats STA in the reg season.  Dillard is down.  It’s a home game, but that won’t help much.  

Not sure they’ll even qualify. 

• Like 2

Bump from last night.  

Cocoa cruised after the ejection.  

Schneider certainly padded his resume vs STA.  Even if he fails to win state this season, his resume should be good to go for a decent/good GA HC gig and $.    

I get he was frustrated at the time, but seems like a good time for him to do it after this season and get paid a normal wage + 

On 10/6/2023 at 8:37 PM, golfaddict1 said:

IMG_6332.jpeg

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Bump from last night.  

Cocoa cruised after the ejection.  

Schneider certainly padded his resume vs STA.  Even if he fails to win state thus season, his resume should be good to go for a decent/good GA HC gig and $.    

I get he was frustrated at the time, but seems like a good time for him to do it after this season and get paid a normal wage + 

It's going to be a tough hit if Schneider leaves Cocoa... make that when he leaves Cocoa.

10 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I know things will change before the end of the season but it sure looks like a lot of undefeated teams with a weak SOS are ranked above better teams that have a much tougher schedule but a loss or 2 to some of the best teams in Florida. 

I just feel that teams like Bartow or B Verot ranked over teams like BTW-Miami, Treasure Coast, Venice or Lakeland is silly.

Do you think Cocoa should be ranked over Miami Central?

Hal McRae KC Royals 

@Nolebull813 that’s FL form right there.  😉 

Believe it or not, this was allowed and shortly after this incident, became the Hal McRae rule protecting infielders.  

Like football, the game has been adjusted a bit for safety. 

https://x.com/nut_history/status/1711154868155502804?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

IMG_6374.jpeg

On 10/7/2023 at 10:27 PM, Cat_Scratch2 said:

I know things will change before the end of the season but it sure looks like a lot of undefeated teams with a weak SOS are ranked above better teams that have a much tougher schedule but a loss or 2 to some of the best teams in Florida. 

I just feel that teams like Bartow or B Verot ranked over teams like BTW-Miami, Treasure Coast, Venice or Lakeland is silly.

Do you think Cocoa should be ranked over Miami Central?

Because SOS isn't the *only* factor.

Venice is 4-2 but is rated ahead of eight 1-loss teams. Treasure Coast is 4-2 but is rated ahead of *every* 1-loss team in 4S.

Only two of those teams you mentioned are in the same class. Comparing teams in different classes is totally irrelevant.

Don't care. They're not in the same class. These ratings are only used to seed the playoffs.

On 10/7/2023 at 3:35 PM, 941Indian said:

This you?

dillard.thumb.png.05c81acec00e3a6baa2bce07e4f8fdc4.png

🤡

On 10/7/2023 at 8:31 AM, Atticus Finch said:

The FHSAA rankings only very loosely-if at all in truth- are based on maxpreps computer ratings. As you know, those are the calpreps ratings. And those bare no resemblance to the FHSAA ratings. I think some components, like margin of victory, are excluded.

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

The FHSAA rankings only very loosely-if at all in truth- are based on maxpreps computer ratings. As you know, those are the calpreps ratings. And those bare no resemblance to the FHSAA ratings. I think some components, like margin of victory, are excluded.

They are the calpreps ratings with margin of victory removed. That was at the request of the FHSAA.

A totally stupid move that makes the ratings worse but that's what the members wanted.