The Lincoln Trojans...or...Oh Woe Is Colquitt

Rufus69

On 9/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, Nolebull813 said:

The only reason Colquitt doesn’t win this game 52-0 is because they want to keep scheduling them for a guaranteed win.

How else do you sell recruits from the metro Albany area??? 

Hey come play for us! We got Lincoln on the schedule so you can be for certain we don’t go 0-10!!!

Colquitt has already played three teams, who were highly ranked in the nation. Their records aren't indicative of how strong they are. For example, although Dutch Fork is currently 2-4. They were ranked in the national top fifteen, when they played Colquitt. And they are twenty points from being 5-1. And 2-4 Cedar Grove, has played arguably one of the toughest schedules not only in Georgia, but the country as well. Colquitt had to hold them off last week, for an eight point win.

Edited by Middlegafan

22 hours ago, 181pl said:

I think what NB is saying is that this is not apples to apples. 

Colquitt a top 10 team in their state and Lincoln, sans the name, is not. Colquitt whomped Plant several years back. Plant had a “name” but was in a very down year for a Robert Weiner Plant team. It happens…. 

Nobody is mistaking Lincoln for STA, IMG, CM, Central, AMH, Edgewater, Columbus, etc

When Colquitt schedules these Florida teams, they have no way of knowing their quality in a given season. They have ducked NO ONE in the past. STA has NEVER PLAYED in GEORGIA. Jeff Herron was naive enough to trek 5,000 miles to Broward Co., to play them when he was at Camden Co. part one. Valdosta played Lincoln four times, during a period when the Trojans were routinely ranked in the top ten nationally. 

In fact, during their past. Moultrie/Colquitt has played the future National Champions, nine times. And Moultrie's Spindola Merritt cost Valdosta the 1989 Natty. And Moultrie/Colquitt nearly did the same to Valdosta, Thomasville, and Lagrange, in 1962, 1974, and 1991.

22 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

Jeff Herron was naive enough to trek 5,000 miles to Broward Co., 

😂 

Try driving from Fort Laud to Niceville.

I had a business trip some years back to Ft Walton Beach and opted to drive it vs a Pensacola flight my previous visit… and of course I needed to visit the Niceville football stadium.  :) 

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

😂 

I had a business trip some years back to Ft Walton Beach and opted to drive it vs a Pensacola flight my previous visit… and of course I needed to visit the Niceville football stadium.  :) 

Try driving from Rock Hill to Downtown Charlotte around 5 pm.

Rufus>>

On 9/26/2023 at 1:53 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Tell me what’s the difference? 

“Colquitt is a nationally ranked powerhouse and Lincoln isn’t even a state power. The mismatch is glaring and the score should reflect it: Colquitt 38, Lincoln 10”

“Lincoln is gonna try really really hard and the kids will love their trip to Moultrie: these players will remember their time with their brothers on the gridiron for the rest of their life. Win or lose both teams will come out better. Colquitt 38, Lincoln 10” 

Is that YOU Vince Duelly?

On 9/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, RedZone said:

I would imagine there'll be some people show up talking about how bad Lincoln sucks......

That's the way it normally works.

It's like florida can only send out 5 teams worth a shit, everyone else is complete trash.

It's really fucked up in an adolescent way.....wait for it!!

So, you know the deal in the Sunshine State TOO? STACKING AHP, MC, STA, Chaminade Madonna, and MAYBE Booker T., is the Florida way. And if you differ. Who ELSE could beat the top 10 in the Peach State? And I'll bet that Langston Hughes, Gainesville, Benedictine, Cedar Grove, and Lee Co. from the lower classifications, could hang with the top tier in Florida as well.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Columbus FL finished 5th in FL last year. And beat the living dog shit out of Georgia State Champ Benedictine 41-15. Benedictine finished 12th in GA. 

Thats what happens when the FL team can actually hit back. When Georgia schedules a real FL team. 

And think about this. Colquitt is better than Columbus, and Lincoln is not as good as Benedictine. 

You know the last time a Florida team beat the Norman Park Packers in a fair fight? It was 1929 and it was Duval COUNTY. But I WILL give you a lil slack. USA TODAY #10 AHP, after Colquitt missed three FG's by the kid who will be kicking for FSU Saturday, also beat the Packers, 17-14.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:55 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Maybe Lincoln springs the upset. A few years ago they finished 47th in Florida and got blasted out of the 2nd round after beating the Georgia State Champion Bainbridge by 3 touchdowns 

547F402C-522D-4933-8C0A-0DA36D0D3650.jpeg

Unlike Florida, where it's open season in the transfer portal. Classifications actually MEAN something in Georgia. Bainbridge plays in 5A, which especially THIS season, is a joke. The #1 team in that classification has beaten Colquitt TWICE in 31 tries. And that included the four with Tyreek Hill. 

On 9/26/2023 at 1:32 PM, dan in daytona said:

The Lincoln players and coaching staff will give 100%. You seem to take these cross border clashes personally. Very rarely do you approve. Some how the losers down grade Florida football in your eyes. Know one of substance believes Florida doesn't have some of the top teams in the country. The kids want to play, compete....let 'um.

Colquitt will play anybody that is financially feasible. In fact they paid the future national champion at least $10,000 to trek to the HAWG PEN, to kick our butts in 2010. This season, they paid perennial South Carolina power Dutch Fork, to come to Moultrie. Since I can't imagine Colquitt reciprocating next season. We've played one of the top teams in Virginia, Bishop Sullivan, the top team in Alabama, Hoover home and home. We've played one of the top teams in MO., Trinity Catholic, as well as Plant, Trinity Christian, and AHP from Florida, in the recent past. And we've been turned down by Cocoa, Fla., and East St. Louis, Ill.

15 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

😂 

Florida is SOOOO large, its in two different TIME ZONES! They even have two different types of BIGFOOT!

On 9/26/2023 at 1:44 PM, 181pl said:

I think what NB is saying is that this is not apples to apples. 

Colquitt a top 10 team in their state and Lincoln, sans the name, is not. Colquitt whomped Plant several years back. Plant had a “name” but was in a very down year for a Robert Weiner Plant team. It happens…. 

Nobody is mistaking Lincoln for STA, IMG, CM, Central, AMH, Edgewater, Columbus, etc

When was IMG considered a HIGH SCHOOL team? They've been barred from GHSA sanctioned events, as Bishop Sullivan and SFA have been in their respective states.

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Colquitt is winning 21-3 in the first quarter!  Fucking trolls on here trying to pretend this was gonna be a good game.

You think i sand bag because you wanna be dumbasses on purpose. And if you think I’m talking about you, I probably am! Lol. 

Ive become fluent in Nolebull and what he's saying is:

10aa30c84756494d45d871e404aab85f2fa2f5bc_00.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I’m sure alot of bad teams make the playoffs in Georgia. Some of those bad 5 team regions where 4 of them make the playoffs. Don’t lie about that now

I never have lied about it.... 

Ive voiced my disgruntled opinion with the GHSA and CIF playoff system plenty of times... 

We're just not Cali bad... 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Colquitt is winning 21-3 in the first quarter!  Fucking trolls on here trying to pretend this was gonna be a good game.

You think i sand bag because you wanna be dumbasses on purpose. And if you think I’m talking about you, I probably am! Lol. 

OK A-Hole, who said it was going to be a "good game." ??  Pull up that quote. . .We'll be waiting.