The Lincoln Trojans...or...Oh Woe Is Colquitt

Rufus69

5 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

The problem is NO ONE IS AS SMART AS YOU. 

No what you are saying  doesn’t mean anything in regards to what I’m talking about; I didn’t say anything about teams not playing hard or not liking the experience. Never said that once. I said this is a matchup of a nationally ranked team against a team that isn’t even top 25 in their state, therefore the score should reflect the mismatch: that’s it 

Tell me what’s the difference? 

“Colquitt is a nationally ranked powerhouse and Lincoln isn’t even a state power. The mismatch is glaring and the score should reflect it: Colquitt 38, Lincoln 10”

“Lincoln is gonna try really really hard and the kids will love their trip to Moultrie: these players will remember their time with their brothers on the gridiron for the rest of their life. Win or lose both teams will come out better. Colquitt 38, Lincoln 10” 

17 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I think what NB is saying is that this is not apples to apples. 

Colquitt a top 10 team in their state and Lincoln, sans the name, is not. Colquitt whomped Plant several years back. Plant had a “name” but was in a very down year for a Robert Weiner Plant team. It happens…. 

Nobody is mistaking Lincoln for STA, IMG, CM, Central, AMH, Edgewater, Columbus, etc

I'm not dense, I get it. Athletes and football coaches are above all "COMPETITIVE."  An out of state game, win or lose, may be the highlight of a lifetime for some. Who are we (fans, no-it-all's, has been's, never was's), to question their motive/reason to accept a challenge. Let them play. Damn the critics.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I think what NB is saying is that this is not apples to apples. 

Colquitt a top 10 team in their state and Lincoln, sans the name, is not. Colquitt whomped Plant several years back. Plant had a “name” but was in a very down year for a Robert Weiner Plant team. It happens…. 

Nobody is mistaking Lincoln for STA, IMG, CM, Central, AMH, Edgewater, Columbus, etc

NO, Colquitt is supposed to win by 40 points in that saggy's sick head 

If it's a close game or lincoln possibly wins then he goes with the overrated Colquitt and how great florida is rants.

The goofy bastard just covers all his bases. He's one dumb insecure fucker, believe that. Every freaking florida team thread with the same tired bullshit. 

Best thing I ever did was putting that cancer on ignore.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

NO, Colquitt is supposed to win by 40 points in that saggy's sick head 

If it's a close game or lincoln possibly wins then he goes with the overrated Colquitt and how great florida is rants.

The goofy bastard just covers all his bases. He's one dumb insecure fucker, believe that. Every freaking florida team thread with the same tired bullshit. 

Best thing I ever did was putting that cancer on ignore.

Ironic you call me saggy when you were the one wearing saggy mom jeans in your Twitter bio. You got made fun of so much you had to unfollow everyone off the message board. LMAO! It was too funny. Good times 

14 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

I'm not dense, I get it. Athletes and football coaches are above all "COMPETITIVE."  An out of state game, win or lose, may be the highlight of a lifetime for some. Who are we (fans, no-it-all's, has been's, never was's), to question their motive/reason to accept a challenge. Let them play. Damn the critics.

florida teams schedule mismatches every season against other florida teams. 

Not a peep from these OOS idiots/clowns.....

It's all bullshit 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This would be like St Thomas Aquinas or Miami Central playing Ware County. 

Colquitt is at home ranked no worse than 4th in all of Georgia. 

Lincoln is at best 29th in Florida, and beat a team not in the top 4,000 by 2 scores. 

Colquitt beat a national top 150 by 3 scores. 

These teams aren’t in the same league. 

Colquitt 38

Lincoln 10

This Nolebull scholastics math is ridiculous... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

I've got to admit too not following Florida teams like in year's past; but since when has Tallahassee Lincoln been a football embarrassment and not a good example of a decent sized public school with a long history of speed, athleticism, and discipline ?  Nolebull, your M.O. is showing. Let the kids enjoy the out of state competition. They'll get over the results good or bad and carry on.  

You’ve got to separate National and State level.

On the State level, Lincoln is fine, usually have a handful of guys that go D1 and they’re usually good for a 2nd round appearance and even an occasional title game appearance.

But on a National level they’re relevant once or twice every 20 years. Being one of the better teams out of N. FL doesn’t mean a ton when talking about going against a top level team from a top level state.

Does Lincoln suck if we’re talking about state level games - no, they’re pretty good and will be around during playoff time and win a few games.

Does Lincoln suck when the conversation involves them playing a team that’s usually nationally relevant - yeah, kind of, frankly they’re not even on the radar.

Would love to see an upset, if they’ll keep it close until the end I’ll enjoy the moral victory.

20 hours ago, RedZone said:

...lincoln is ranked #3 in the Tallahassee region which evidently covers some of South Georgia per MaxPreps. 

Screenshot_20230926-134821-796.png

There’s a few FL schools real close to the GA border so I can see why they mixed some GA teams in with the Tallahassee area.

Lawton Chiles HS is so close it’s literally a 10 minute drive before you’re into Georgia (Grady Co.).

On 9/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, Nolebull813 said:

The only reason Colquitt doesn’t win this game 52-0 is because they want to keep scheduling them for a guaranteed win.

How else do you sell recruits from the metro Albany area??? 

Hey come play for us! We got Lincoln on the schedule so you can be for certain we don’t go 0-10!!!

You must have Colquitt mixed up with St. Thomas Aquinas and Buford, about that recruiting?

22 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You think you are saying something calm and intelligent but it just babble. I don’t any of it personally. I just call it how it is. If it’s a good matchup I’ll call it one. If it a blatant mismatch, I’ll call it that too. Issue is in regards to Florida vs Georgia, 90 percent of the games involve a mismatch favoring the Georgia game. 

so it would appear that it is a constant gripe, but it is just giving an honest opinion about all of the mismatches.

The one thing I did mention was why can’t these teams ever find an even team to play? Why is it always some obscure random team playing a known state and nationally ranked power? 

I wouldn't call Madison Co., STA, AHP, Tampa Plant, Vanguard, Dr. Phillips, Tallahassee Lincoln, Tallahassee Leon, Trinity Christian, Miami Central, IMG,  and Booker T., obscure. And with Florida being the wild, wild West of recruiting AND transfers. How can you say that ANY matchup of a Georgia team with them, would have a level playing field?

• Like 1