Mater Dei 20 @ St Frances Academy 7 (F)

HurricaneNick

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

You have to be kidding. 

Actually, nope, you're a California guy. You're dead serious. 🤣

I though t you had a better eye when judging teams. You can't get out of yourself for a moment and just be objective . But this is a HS forum, so I get it . I have no horse in the race . I just know what I see .  I took a chance commenting on your post , but I can see your just a bitter poster, though in the past you were pretty good. If you can't see that SFA is a different version then they were earlier, then you are blind. I don't care if the team is from fla,, Tex, Ca. etc. In fact, I have been really impressed with MC this season , and enjoy watching them . They have great talent and were as good, imop, as Gorman in that game , even though Gorman is from out west and I would like to see them win an NC over all other states than Ca.  You always have a narrative to follow, that FLA is just great and Ca sucks. Grow up

23 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I though t you had a better eye when judging teams. You can't get out of yourself for a moment and just be objective . But this is a HS forum, so I get it . I have no horse in the race . I just know what I see .  I took a chance commenting on your post , but I can see your just a bitter poster, though in the past you were pretty good. If you can't see that SFA is a different version then they were earlier, then you are blind. I don't care if the team is from fla,, Tex, Ca. etc. In fact, I have been really impressed with MC this season , and enjoy watching them . They have great talent and were as good, imop, as Gorman in that game , even though Gorman is from out west and I would like to see them win an NC over all other states than Ca.  You always have a narrative to follow, that FLA is just great and Ca sucks. Grow up

You've offered zero evidence, and zero rationale- aside from "I just know what I see"- for the claim that SFA is a totally different team. It's just part of the tired playbook to claim that a CA team, or a team who fared relatively well against a CA team- hyper improves, or is a brand new team. It's happened several times with DLS; it's happened with SJB; it happened with Los Al after American Heritage put a running clock on them, and it's happening again with SFA after they fared decently against The Big Two. 

I haven't put forth a narrative that Florida is great and CA sucks. You imagined that. What I do is push back on  CA homerism. Particularly the bullshit narratives that involve teams who've lost to Florida teams having magical hyper improvements that render them to be "totally different" teams. Rest assured, the same courtesy won't be extended to, say, STA this season. 

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Their non district play was really tough! 

Those games definitely illustrate that power publics are on the rise! 

I was talking about Miami Central, Corner Canyon, Cocoa, Buford, East St. Louis, Atascocita, Mallard Creek, and Kahuku 🤷🏻‍♀️

The public’s who have narrowed the gap against the power privates and the public’s who have either beaten power public’s or nearly upset them.

Just now, Bodysurf said:

@HurricaneNick any idea why we have wore all red every game this season? Is Frank superstitious? 🤷‍♂️

Lol we were just joking that he forgot to order the away jerseys. He can pull it off until we play OLu on the road. I remember it being such a fuss with so many people when Rollo introduced both the light and dark grey uni’s. Now Frank wont let them wear either, but allows red and white cleats, and they didn’t have to shave their heads to start camp Monarch. I’m nitpicking but I prefer traditional MD football in all areas. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Lol we were just joking that he forgot to order the away jerseys. He can pull it off until we play OLu on the road. I remember it being such a fuss with so many people when Rollo introduced both the light and dark grey uni’s. Now Frank wont let them wear either, but allows red and white cleats, and they didn’t have to shave their heads to start camp Monarch. I’m nitpicking but I prefer traditional MD football in all areas. 

Amen.l! Not shaving heads is a slap in the face to tradition.

black cleats only!
Red uniforms at home, white when away

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

it happened with Los Al after American Heritage put a running clock on them

Remember when AHP beat Los Al 56-27 in Florida and Mater Dei beat Los Al 52-0 in California but you said MD couldn't distinguish themselves from AHP despite Los Al not traveling 3,000 miles and not scoring 27 points? Nice!! 

IMG_0275.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Remember when AHP beat Los Al 56-27 in Florida and Mater Dei beat Los Al 52-0 in California but you said MD couldn't distinguish themselves from AHP despite Los Al not traveling 3,000 miles and not scoring 27 points? Nice!! 

IMG_0275.jpeg

Yep. And I stand by that comment. Los Al was almost entirely without it's best three players on offense for MD. They were fully healthy for AH.

58 minutes ago, badrouter said:

You've offered zero evidence, and zero rationale- aside from "I just know what I see"- for the claim that SFA is a totally different team. It's just part of the tired playbook to claim that a CA team, or a team who fared relatively well against a CA team- hyper improves, or is a brand new team. It's happened several times with DLS; it's happened with SJB; it happened with Los Al after American Heritage put a running clock on them, and it's happening again with SFA after they fared decently against The Big Two. 

I haven't put forth a narrative that Florida is great and CA sucks. You imagined that. What I do is push back on  CA homerism. Particularly the bullshit narratives that involve teams who've lost to Florida teams having magical hyper improvements that render them to be "totally different" teams. Rest assured, the same courtesy won't be extended to, say, STA this season. 

your loss . I've paid attn to sfa for years . I know when I see the real A version of them. Credit to them for not throwing in the towel on a very disappointing season after they scheduled for a NC .  Just shows those kids are elte ballers heading to a lot of major colleges . They all along had those two games against Md and Sjb penciled in.  i talked with some of the sfa people a couple of seasons ago when they came to concord . All they could talk about was wanting that rematch with MD . Just don't have the coaching system

Just now, CaliNorth said:

your loss . I've paid attn to sfa for years . I know when I see the real A version of them. Credit to them for not throwing in the towel on a very disappointing season after they scheduled for a NC .  Just shows those kids are elte ballers heading to a lot of major colleges . They all along had those two games against Md and Sjb penciled in.  i talked with some of the sfa people a couple of seasons ago when they came to concord . All they could talk about was wanting that rematch with MD . Just don't have the coaching system

I would hope they schedule MD again next season, as well as sjb . Then it will be MD's turn to get hyped up for a revenge ( well not revenge since MD beat them ).  the difference between all the rest of the chasers for a NC and sjb and MD, SFA, is that they schedule and take all comers year in and year out, while the rest mostly talk. We'll probably get to see Cham- madonna vs BG in the geico if they still have it. Enjoy your Fla, Lakeland experience. How does a regional all- star team like them with all the transfers  underperform every year ? No wonder your bitter 

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

They aren't. They're not as good defensively. But, it's irrelevant. We're talking strictly about this season. MD's 3-4 best wins won't be any better or more impressive than Chaminade's 3-4 best wins. I don't think a distinction will be able to be drawn for the 2023 MD and Chaminade teams. 

I can get with CM being #1 or #2 it’s between them and MD…. 

I have been really impressed with CM in the games I have seen vs SFA and MC…. They can score and they can make stops,  I don’t see any reason they couldn’t beat any team in the country….

MD and SJB played Difficult road games and unfortunately for SJB they lost but MD pulled it out because they have the Best D in the country…. They could beat anyone in the country, I also think SJB could as well…

IMG and BG…. IMG is Big but slow and BG’s defense is Swiss cheese, IMG will roll SFA and BG will win out but I would put those 2 below MD and CM…. 

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I feel like its pretty naive to exclude BG in the convo for the best in the country.

The season still has a long way to go, but they have to be in the conversation.

NO, I think that it's pretty naive to consider any of the top eight in the national poll, as HIGH SCHOOL football programs, rather than football factories.