Mater Dei 20 @ St Frances Academy 7 (F)

HurricaneNick

11 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Ya, you're right, Gorman is better this year than they were last year

They aren't. They're not as good defensively. But, it's irrelevant. We're talking strictly about this season. MD's 3-4 best wins won't be any better or more impressive than Chaminade's 3-4 best wins. I don't think a distinction will be able to be drawn for the 2023 MD and Chaminade teams. 

• Like 1

The kid beat Bosco as a freshman. Went to Texas and killed 6A state runner up Duncanville as a sophomore. Beat Gorman on the road as a junior. Elijah just did not have it tonight. Credit to Frances without a doubt. Easily Elijah’s worst performance in 4 years as a Monarch. He will have to be a lot better to beat the braves. OL was good. Really impressed with freshman offensive guard Lex Mailangi. The defense deserves steak and lobster all week. 

Also, Frances would have been undefeated if they played all their previous games at home 😏😉

• Haha 1

• dntn31 changed the title to Mater Dei 20 @ St Frances Academy 7 (F)
3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

They aren't. They're not as good defensively. But, it's irrelevant. We're talking strictly about this season. MD's 3-4 best wins won't be any better or more impressive than Chaminade's 3-4 best wins. I don't think a distinction will be able to be drawn for the 2023 MD and Chaminade teams. 

All things are not equal, or what they seem to appear. SFA was a completely different team when they played SJB , then when they played those 4 earlier games . They were a preseason #1 , and they showed it vs sjb.  Sometimes teams don't get gelling until the season advances. If you took the SFA that played both MD and SJB , I would bet they  wouldn't lose to those 4 earlier teams .  Having said that ,watching the SJB vs SFA, the way SJB just took apart SFA , they looked clearly the best team  I have seen all year . I get it that it is hard to pick against MD , especially with the rivalry both schools have, and those upcoming games between the 2 are going to be lights out . SJB is special this season, despite the shit show in HI .  It's too bad we couldn't put all the top 4 or  8 national teams together in end of year playoff like in college .  

14 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Then duncanville should’ve scheduled one and put up a running clock!

I didn’t say Duncanville would running clock one of them. That’s not what I was insinuating. I am pointing out that as a whole; either the “power privates” are down or public high school football has caught them 😌

I think it’s both.

4 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I didn’t say Duncanville would running clock one of them. That’s not what I was insinuating. I am pointing out that as a whole; either the “power privates” are down or public high school football has caught them 😌

I think it’s both.

I was expecting a blowout in this one.  Maybe things are leveling off some

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I think it’s both.

Provide some evidence. MD is unbeaten against 4 out of state teams and has had to travel 6,200 miles round trip. Chaminade is legit and hasn’t lost. Gorman had a 2 game schedule and their season is over but is unbeaten. IMG is IMG. Bosco would still be favored over any public in Texas and has gone to literally both ends of the country in Florida and Hawaii. Curious to hear why you say that. Outside of Miami central I don’t think there’s a public that has been tested with real competition. Cen10 is probably next and they lost both games.

11 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I think it’s both.

I see Duncanville and North shore are playing real juggernauts tonight

😎

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Provide some evidence. MD is unbeaten against 4 out of state teams and has had to travel 6,200 miles round trip. Chaminade is legit and hasn’t lost. Gorman has a 2 game schedule and their season is over but is unbeaten. IMG is IMG. Bosco would still be favored over any public in Texas and has gone to literally both ends of the country in Florida and Hawaii. Curious to hear why you say that. Outside of Miami central I don’t think there’s a public that has been tested with real competition. Cen10 is probably next and they lost both games.

She's bought into the nonsense being spouted on the dark side, that the "power privates" are down.

The only down team this year is SFA. All of the other big boys would continue to run trains on Texas like they have been for the past 5+ years.

Texas is all bark and no bite until they can prove otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

All things are not equal, or what they seem to appear. SFA was a completely different team when they played SJB , then when they played those 4 earlier games . They were a preseason #1 , and they showed it vs sjb.  Sometimes teams don't get gelling until the season advances. If you took the SFA that played both MD and SJB , I would bet they  wouldn't lose to those 4 earlier teams .  Having said that ,watching the SJB vs SFA, the way SJB just took apart SFA , they looked clearly the best team  I have seen all year . I get it that it is hard to pick against MD , especially with the rivalry both schools have, and those upcoming games between the 2 are going to be lights out . SJB is special this season, despite the shit show in HI .  It's too bad we couldn't put all the top 4 or  8 national teams together in end of year playoff like in college .  

You have to be kidding. 

Actually, nope, you're a California guy. You're dead serious. 🤣

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Well Max, what did you find out…

Chief,  SJB defeated STA & MD defeating SFA by the same score 20 to 7. 

Max, did you find Sigfried? 

Uh, no Chief, but I found heartburn at the snack stand.  😔 

IMG_5999.jpeg

I feel like I'm not old enough to get this reference, and I'm pretty damn old.

• Haha 1