Mater Dei 20 @ St Frances Academy 7 (F)

HurricaneNick

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@HooverOutlaw

Japan track is nice.  ESPN2 

practicing and I’ve seen low 190’s on the straightaways.   I haven’t changed the channel since the Colquitt County W.   

The camera angles on board are sweet.   Verstappen is on the track now. 

Speaking of Colquitt. Good thing we played our BEST game of the season so far. Because after the Cedar Grove Carpetbaggers realized that they had gone a HUNNERED MILES TOO far to the WRONG FUCKING TOWN, they came out with probably THEIR best outing of the season. Their transfer QB1 from Peach Co., made Dylan Raiola look like Ned and the Second Reader. I give the por lil AAA team skreet creds, although they recruit ATLANTA METRO. Colquitt has had to endure two of the BEST RB's in the country, the last two weeks. And they are BOTH JUNIORS. And UCF is gonna find it REALLY difficult to hold on to the Cedar Grove QB1, after THIS performance.

7 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I would hope they schedule MD again next season, as well as sjb . Then it will be MD's turn to get hyped up for a revenge ( well not revenge since MD beat them ).  the difference between all the rest of the chasers for a NC and sjb and MD, SFA, is that they schedule and take all comers year in and year out, while the rest mostly talk. We'll probably get to see Cham- madonna vs BG in the geico if they still have it. Enjoy your Fla, Lakeland experience. How does a regional all- star team like them with all the transfers  underperform every year ? No wonder your bitter 

MD will host SFA next season according to GSB. Hard to say it will be revenge since MD won. 
That was an UGLY win last night and nobody associated with the program is happy about it. Credit to SFA defense who played great, although MD’s offensive performance was a head scratcher. No excuses. 

10 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I would hope they schedule MD again next season, as well as sjb . Then it will be MD's turn to get hyped up for a revenge ( well not revenge since MD beat them ).  the difference between all the rest of the chasers for a NC and sjb and MD, SFA, is that they schedule and take all comers year in and year out, while the rest mostly talk. We'll probably get to see Cham- madonna vs BG in the geico if they still have it. Enjoy your Fla, Lakeland experience. How does a regional all- star team like them with all the transfers  underperform every year ? No wonder your bitter 

Sheesh, why so sensitive? 

How about this: I'll tell you what I'm going to do over the next few months. STA is going to win all the rest of its games-most or all in blowout fashion- and a state title. I'm going to argue STA has experienced hyper-improvement and is "nothing like what it was in August". I'm going to either imply or state explicity that SJB's win over STA is to be disregarded on these grounds. My "rationale" is that I've been watching or participating in HS football for over 30 years and "I know what I see". Cool? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

How about this: I'll tell you what I'm going to do over the next few months. STA is going to win all the rest of its games-most or all in blowout fashion- and a state title. I'm going to argue STA has experienced hyper-improvement and is "nothing like what it was in August". I'm going to either imply or state explicity that SJB's win over STA is to be disregarded on these grounds. My "rationale" is that I've been watching or participating in HS football for over 30 years and "I know what I see". Cool? 

I don't really want to waste to much of my time debating with a fanboy like yourself . I see the game with a total different focus than you, which is why I'm more of an NFL follower than HS . In the NFL, no one cares about ugly early season losses, but rather, where they end up. My team is naturally the niners . The past couple of seasons they opened up and looked like shit . Two years ago they started 4-6 and last season they started 3-4 with terrible losses to shit teams like Denver, Atlanta, Chicago . Based on those performances , a guy like youself would all season consider them not being good. To the contrary they got to the NFC title game both times . In HS, guys like give  have no allowance for giving teams space to get their act together and become who we all thought they were all along , except when it fits your narrative . Example : In 2016, STA was highly regarded going in to the season, They opened up with a ugly loss to BTW. Six weeks later they go to Vegas and take Gorman's NC best team ever to ot., eventually losing. Do you think that opening game STA was the same  STA  that lost to Gorman ? Despite the 2 losses, all you could hear from Canes and other Fla guys ( I don't remember if you were one of them ) bitterly complain of their final ranking , which was 8 or so in country , thinking they should be ranked way higher . In real terms, yes, they were a top tier team and would have been a great matchup for anyone in the top tier, despite the losses . My point with SFA is similar this season. You can throw the book out on their horrific start when it comes to games between them and MD/Bosco . The real version is going to show up because of the talent and mindset of these potential major college ballers. As a fan of football , like most people on here, we enjoy those big time games between the juggernauts . We get it . Fanboys like yourself are constantly trying to connect the dots and undermining teams because of an agenda , harping on early season gaffs which happen at every level of the game . I get it when it comes to awarding an NC, and SJB blew their chances with HI . Still, as a fan, SJB had the best game i've seen anyone play this season against SFA , a team that has showed up these past two games and why they were so highly regarded pre- season . Like I said, things aren't always what they appear .  I would love to see SFA play Buford, ESL, Madonna, etc right now .  But there are no playoffs, so it it is what it is .  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I don't really want to waste to much of my time debating with a fanboy like yourself . I see the game with a total different focus than you, which is why I'm more of an NFL follower than HS . In the NFL, no one cares about ugly early season losses, but rather, where they end up. My team is naturally the niners . The past couple of seasons they opened up and looked like shit . Two years ago they started 4-6 and last season they started 3-4 with terrible losses to shit teams like Denver, Atlanta, Chicago . Based on those performances , a guy like youself would all season consider them not being good. To the contrary they got to the NFC title game both times . In HS, guys like give  have no allowance for giving teams space to get their act together and become who we all thought they were all along , except when it fits your narrative . Example : In 2016, STA was highly regarded going in to the season, They opened up with a ugly loss to BTW. Six weeks later they go to Vegas and take Gorman's NC best team ever to ot., eventually losing. Do you think that opening game STA was the same  STA  that lost to Gorman ? Despite the 2 losses, all you could hear from Canes and other Fla guys ( I don't remember if you were one of them ) bitterly complain of their final ranking , which was 8 or so in country , thinking they should be ranked way higher . In real terms, yes, they were a top tier team and would have been a great matchup for anyone in the top tier, despite the losses . My point with SFA is similar this season. You can throw the book out on their horrific start when it comes to games between them and MD/Bosco . The real version is going to show up because of the talent and mindset of these potential major college ballers. As a fan of football , like most people on here, we enjoy those big time games between the juggernauts . We get it . Fanboys like yourself are constantly trying to connect the dots and undermining teams because of an agenda , harping on early season gaffs which happen at every level of the game . I get it when it comes to awarding an NC, and SJB blew their chances with HI . Still, as a fan, SJB had the best game i've seen anyone play this season against SFA , a team that has showed up these past two games and why they were so highly regarded pre- season . Like I said, things aren't always what they appear .  I would love to see SFA play Buford, ESL, Madonna, etc right now .  But there are no playoffs, so it it is what it is .  

Could not agree more: The history of football at all levels is littered with initial games where a "one sided" score was reversed when the same two teams met again in the playoffs. A lot of programs evolve during the season along with experiencing at least one game in the season, where its one of those nights where nothing goes right.

The MNC IMHO: is mostly an unsubstantial concept for us to talk about or debate. Relative to this year: If C-M were to play MC again, I would take MC because I feel as a team, they were better. If SJB were to face Kahuku again, I'm pretty sure they would "MD" them. It's pointless unless one is a total "homer fan boy" to get emotional about rankings this early in the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, badrouter said:

Well they did blowout Treasure Coast last night.  😊

They’ve got Monarch on the road next month.  
Have they played a road game yet?

didn’t follow the Fort Myers game and MP makes errors often.  Doesn’t show a road game until a blowout and then Monarch.   2 road games showing reg season. 

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

I always took you as a Lakeland fan for some reason? I thought @golfaddict1was more of the STA fan on here w/ Los. 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

You fail to make a logical argument for your claim that I'm a mere "fanboy", whereas you are the ultimate soothsayer. Are we supposed to believe it to be true simply because you obnoxiously declared as such?

16 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Could not agree more: The history of football at all levels is littered with initial games where a "one sided" score was reversed when the same two teams met again in the playoffs. A lot of programs evolve during the season along with experiencing at least one game in the season, where its one of those nights where nothing goes right.

The MNC IMHO: is mostly an unsubstantial concept for us to talk about or debate. Relative to this year: If C-M were to play MC again, I would take MC because I feel as a team, they were better. If SJB were to face Kahuku again, I'm pretty sure they would "MD" them. It's pointless unless one is a total "homer fan boy" to get emotional about rankings this early in the season.

We do not- and we should not-  rank teams according, not to what happened on the field, but according to what we, in all of our infinite expertise and objectivity, *project* would happen in a hypothetical rematch. If we went down that road, quite literally EVERY SINGLE GAME IN HISTORY would be subject to a revised (by fans and rankers) outcome based on imaginary or hypothetical future results. 

Trigger warning: You can't erase the Kahuku win over SJB on the grounds that you forecast an SJB win in a rematch which will not happen AND deny STA's future claims of hyper-improvement which would erase SJB's win over STA. Same goes for literally any/every team and game ever. Picture all of your teams' most cherished wins in your life: now wash them all away as all can be rendered meaningless on the grounds that fans project a rematch would turn out differently. It's fun to erase the other teams' wins over your teams; it sucks to realize those teams' fans can do the same back to you for all your teams wins.

It's a preposterous way to go about comparing teams. But, it is oh-so-comforting for our cognitive biases...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I always took you as a Lakeland fan for some reason? I thought @golfaddict1was more of the STA fan on here w/ Los. 🤷‍♂️

I am a Lakeland alum. I bring up STA here because they lost to a CA team this season. STA will win out and would have every bit as much evidence that they hyper-improved and are a "totally different team" as Bosco or SFA or anyone else who fans like to say morph into brand new teams in the span of a few weeks. It's an unfalsifiable claim as there's no way to prove a team did/didn't improve more/less than other teams.

If Lakeland manages to win out and win 4S (doesn't look very good right now), I'm going to come on here and claim they made hyper-improvement and move to dismiss the Miami Norland and SJP games. I will claim that my 30+ years of watching or participating helps me to "know what I see" and will accuse anyone skeptical of this of being a silly "fanboy".