The Tift County community has petitioned for their HC to be fired immediately

Ga96

20 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ughgghhhh....

They got ken eldridge. Just hearing him talk during the off-season he sounded like he came only for the money. Aligood was even worse. Whoever hired him should never be in a position of power ever. I knew him when he was an assistant coach at lowndes middle school. Never seen anybody go from being an assistant middle school coach to being the HC of a high school getting paid $100k+

4 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

They got ken eldridge. Just hearing him talk during the off-season he sounded like he came only for the money. Aligood was even worse. Whoever hired him should never be in a position of power ever. I knew him when he was an assistant coach at lowndes middle school. Never seen anybody go from bring an assistant middle school coach to being the HC of a high school getting paid $100k+

Ken Eldridge... 

The old Coffee HS HC? 

Man that dude was mediocre at a school with more resources and talent... 

He's gonna do even worse there...

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I haven't kept up too much with Noel Dean personally... 

Idk what he's doing or has done but he most certainly isn't winning but thats not entirely his fault... 

Thats been a problem going on before him. 

Tift County has too many and I mean way too many hands in the cookie jar in the football program from the Susans and Karens to the Kevins and Carls... 

Thats just part of it though... 

As for fundraising on the coaches personal accounts... 

Come on now... 

Nobody told this man no? 

Nobody thought that was suspicious? 

Wayne County literally had this same issue not that long ago with coach Jody Grooms and his wife taking money from the Program and the Yellow Jackets still havent recovered fully... 

The problem with Tift County in general is the old heads dont know how to let go and let someone new take over... 

They still wanna act like this is the glory years and its not... 

If the right people get pissed. NO infraction is too minor. If they want you out, you're OUT! While Coach ProPst was by no means a saint. He didn't deserve the transgressions he incurred at Colquitt. Tax issues? REALLY? And the administration of a drug to a player with parental and physician's approval? An ADVIL, REALLY? But THANKFULLY, the administration who sent him packing (no pun intended) is LOOOONG GONE! But so is one of the greatest coaches in America, over NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

44 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ken Eldridge... 

The old Coffee HS HC? 

Man that dude was mediocre at a school with more resources and talent... 

He's gonna do even worse there...

Coffee Co. is a waste of sweat. Can you see Colquitt weeny toting around, and dropping down in classification, with the BS vocational building, cyphering off enrollment to let them play in 5A? If Colquitt were to do that, they'd start a Buford type run in the bush leagues.

HELL, Coffee couldn't even beat Colquitt when they had Tyreek Hill.

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I was surprised to find out Berrien pays over 100k.

WHERE have you been? EVERYBODY in SOWEGA pays six figures. Why do you think that Florida has very few great coaches anymore? SOWEGA is FILLED with the coaches from the FLORIDA Prep HOF. Colquitt just beat ONE of um, for the sixth straight time. Robbie Pruitt, and Dean Fabrizio to name two. And Gainesville is apparently paying the big bucks as well. They just hired Josh Nibblet of Hoover last season. 

I haven't kept up too much with Noel Dean personally... 

Idk what he's doing or has done but he most certainly isn't winning but thats not entirely his fault... 

Thats been a problem going on before him. 

Tift County has too many and I mean way too many hands in the cookie jar in the football program from the Susans and Karens to the Kevins and Carls... 

Thats just part of it though... 

As for fundraising on the coaches personal accounts... 

Come on now... 

Nobody told this man no? 

Nobody thought that was suspicious? 

Wayne County literally had this same issue not that long ago with coach Jody Grooms and his wife taking money from the Program and the Yellow Jackets still havent recovered fully... 

The problem with Tift County in general is the old heads dont know how to let go and let someone new take over... 

They still wanna act like this is the glory years and its not... 

Getting rid of that damn private school, would be a step in the right direction. There are a LOT of former powerhouse schools, who are suffering with a private school in their county. 

Other thing is they brought this man from Michigan to Georgia... 

He coached Lowell HS in Michigan from 1996-2015. And I'll be real... 

I dont think he was ready for the competition he was gonna have to face... 

Looking into Lowell under Coach Dean his school would have fluctuated between 3A-4A if they where in GA during his tenure.... 

He jumped from a small-Mid sized school to a Large GA school and the competition is vastly different... 

The thing that Tift County BOE refuses to do is take time and search for a decent large school coach.... 

They take the cheap way out every freaking time... even when I was attending... 

Dean was one of the best coaches in Michigan, being elected to their HOF. But he admitted after he'd been here awhile. That he underestimated the quality of football in Georgia. What he failed to grasp was, that there are VERY FEW gimmes on your schedule. EVERYBODY wants to win. 

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

They got ken eldridge. Just hearing him talk during the off-season he sounded like he came only for the money. Aligood was even worse. Whoever hired him should never be in a position of power ever. I knew him when he was an assistant coach at lowndes middle school. Never seen anybody go from being an assistant middle school coach to being the HC of a high school getting paid $100k+

Speaking of only for the money. Worth Co. just finished dealing with such a coach. Ironside from 7A Hillgrove. He stayed two seasons, with moderate success. Turns out, he was there to get his last two checks in place to average for retirement. He probably got a $25,000-$40,000 pay raise when he came South. IF TRUE, there should be an ethics clause in that type of shenanigans. He just wasted Worth Co. time. They swallowed the koolaide of him getting them back to when they were a state power.

2 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

When's the LAST time, or the FIRST time you've heard of a Gwinnett county team incurring sanctions for ANYTHING?

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

None that I know of.  Illegal at Valdosta legal at Grayson. No matter how the rules were bent still makes no sense.

Dang guys!  You are so blinded by your hatred of Grayson and Gwinnett that you forgot the only reason Grayson had room for Garcia was the GHSA took offense that a non-family member that lived in the house with the del Rios didn't move so they could finish up a program that was leading to a scholarship.  They went on to college before Carlos was ever going to play a game for Grayson.  Our number 2 QB was good enough to get us deep into the playoffs before Garcia became any sort of factor.  So in the very same season that you fault the GHSA for allowing Garcia to move (By the way, he was eligible *anywhere* in GA except Valdosta.  Why didn't he go somewhere else in S GA?) they sanctioned a Grayson player that the entire bio family had moved with.  Either they don't apply the rules to everyone or they do.  You don't get to pick one situation and ignore the other.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fred said:

Dang guys!  You are so blinded by your hatred of Grayson and Gwinnett that you forgot the only reason Grayson had room for Garcia was the GHSA took offense that a non-family member that lived in the house with the del Rios didn't move so they could finish up a program that was leading to a scholarship.  They went on to college before Carlos was ever going to play a game for Grayson.  Our number 2 QB was good enough to get us deep into the playoffs before Garcia became any sort of factor.  So in the very same season that you fault the GHSA for allowing Garcia to move (By the way, he was eligible *anywhere* in GA except Valdosta.  Why didn't he go somewhere else in S GA?) they sanctioned a Grayson player that the entire bio family had moved with.  Either they don't apply the rules to everyone or they do.  You don't get to pick one situation and ignore the other.

This just proves outside of Gwinnett and few places in metro the entire state and nation understand it is a corrupt system and rules are not applied equally. 

10 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

This just proves outside of Gwinnett and few places in metro the entire state and nation understand it is a corrupt system and rules are not applied equally. 

Huh? What it proves is that the GHSA applies their rules across the participating schools.  Too bad most everyone understands that but you.  A previous thread showed your precious Alabama association is not without fault as well.  Why don't you focus on your state's issues as much as you do ours?  It really is strange your obsession with us.

11 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Yes...Yes we do !!!!

Grayson Sucks...........

Lowndes is gonna beat you guys like a red-headed stepchild....in a couple weeks.

Rufus>>

It could happen.  But then again it could not.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the game as my youngest daughter is getting married that weekend and I'm slightly busy.  I'm sure though that 96 and HooverOutlaw will glad publicize any things that happens, at least those things in favor of Lowndes.

11 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The problem is the self policing. They dont care up in the metro. The transfers pick the flavor of the day and nobody fusses because, well, we might be the flavor of the day next season. 

Down south, less so. The ADs are on it. If the ADs down here got like the AD's up yonder, there would be none to fuss about. These mfrs down south run heat on one another. 

Haha. Its literally that simple. It's not really a GHSA problem exactly. We all police our own selves. It's a mindset problem. Mindset up north. DGAF. Mindset down south... hell nah, you aint pulling that shit! Haha

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The problem is the self policing. They dont care up in the metro. The transfers pick the flavor of the day and nobody fusses because, well, we might be the flavor of the day next season. 

Down south, less so. The ADs are on it. If the ADs down here got like the AD's up yonder, there would be none to fuss about. These mfrs down south run heat on one another. 

Haha. Its literally that simple. It's not really a GHSA problem exactly. We all police our own selves. It's a mindset problem. Mindset up north. DGAF. Mindset down south... hell nah, you aint pulling that shit! Haha

And that may not be all its cracked up to be... 

Slowly but surely south GA is starting to realize what needs to be done to compete with the metro schools... 

Its already happening in Middle GA... 

The Warner Robins schools just aint loud and proud and about it. They know how to keep their mouth shut... 

Benedictine didn't just become a powerhouse overnight. Being a private school in Savannah has its perks... especially when only 2 of the local publics attract any talent or academic benefit... 

Ware County? Come on Hawg we've both been to and through Waycross... 

You know they ain't playing by the book... 

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I had a Lowndes (former Viking player) send me a DM and he said...Lowndes had a shot at winning against Dunbar and Richmond Hill to go 5-5 in the regular season.  They would lose in the first round and end up 5-6.  That would be back to back losing seasons.

Personally, I think the guy was overreacting a tad.

He is not on the Sgt. Carter train by no means.

It's like Colquitt.  I want it ALL...and I want it NOW !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1