Ohio Week 5

OdbCle

22 minutes ago, reggid said:

Mass recovers, and that should be it.   Not scoring on that drive to the 15 proved to be the difference.

That was big

National scene means nothing compared to winning state. 

if Casey returns they are 80% winning state

Junior QB & team showed character which will go a long way forward 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wow, I think that validates Valdosta as a threat to make noise in GA 7A. That & they crushed perennial 5A power Warner Robins 45-12.

Glad to see Washington won.

Were you paying attention or just score watching? 

Eds 2 year QB did not play. Big result difference otherwise. 

I watched Valdosta & liked what I saw 

2 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Were you paying attention or just score watching? 

Eds 2 year QB did not play. Big result difference otherwise. 

I watched Valdosta & liked what I saw 

I did see the Valdosta vs Washington game. Admittedly I did not see St. Eds vs Washington & did not know Eds was missing their QB, just following along with the score.  

• Like 1

Friday Finals:

Massillon 15, St. Edward 13

Hoban 35, Ignatius 0

TCC 28, De La Salle Collegiate (MI) 23

Avon 38, North Ridgeville 7

IMG Academy (FL) 28, Glenville 6

Gahanna-Lincoln 49, Pick Central 14

Princeton 22, Hamilton 16

Cleveland Heights 14, Mentor 13 OT 

Bishop Watterson 14, Chardon 10

Olentangy Berlin 20, Hilliard Davidson 14

Hilliard Bradley 40, Dublin Jerome 35

Wayne 32, Miamisburg 24

Centerville 14, Northmont 13

Milford 40, Kings 21

Moeller 20, St. X 10

Trotwood Madison (3-1) @ Withrow (3-1)

Elder 31, Louisville St. X (KY) 21

On 9/11/2023 at 11:49 AM, OdbCle said:

1. St. Edward (#1, beat Elder 34-33) - Ed's defense looked vulnerable for the first time this season, having no answer for the QB run against Elder. Atypical game from the LB's who could not get good reads on where the ball was going or get off blocks. Over 100 yards in penalties, including a few of the unsportsman variety. A repeat performance will almost certainly spell doom in Tiger Town this week, and the Eagles may be without QB1 Casey Bullock who left the game with some sort of lower extremity injury. @ #3 Massillon on 9/15.

3. Massillon (#3, beat Elkhart (IN) 55-0) - The Tigers have to be licking their chops after seeing what transpired in Cincinnati this week. In that same token, they haven't faced anyone with a pulse the past few weeks and the physicality that Ed's will bring in this game is a major step up. Massillon is still employing both QB's, and while Slaughter has had success in the previous meetings against Ed's, the mobile Owens may be the hot hand they ride if Ed's can't stop the QB runs. vs. #1 St. Edward on 9/15. 

This ended up being a pretty spot on analysis for both teams, on top of Ed's O-Lines performance.

22 hours ago, 100_100 said:

This ended up being a pretty spot on analysis for both teams, on top of Ed's O-Lines performance.

Right, the poor o-line play was something I did not predict would happen. Everything else did play out under the worst-case-scenario I laid out. There will be time in the coming weeks to sort everything out moving forward, and a softer schedule until the last two weeks before the playoffs. I'd still handicap St. Edward as the D1 favorite, although the huge gap is now narrowed.