Official: 2023 SEC West Thread

RedZone

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Former Rummel RB Logan Diggs is clearly the best transfer portal player LSU picked up this off season.......he was at Notre Dame.

Diggs is now getting the bulk of the work and is currently the #3 leading Rusher in the SEC. Diggs had 140 Yards and a TD vs Missouri. Had several nice runs in the game.

Or the defenses they've faced have sucked

Just now, steeler01 said:

Or the defenses they've faced have sucked

No one has a good defense in college football these days. 

Diggs would rumble for 200 Yards and 3 TDs vs usc. He's hard to bring down.

Looks like he's lost a little speed though since his injury and he has put on a few pounds.

He was tearing it up at Notre Dame before his injury. He's healthy again.

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Georgia, Bama, FSU and Texas play good defense.

Not great defense though........Georgia is close, but they haven't faced an offensive juggernaut yet.

Bama, FSU and Texas have given up points and lots of chunk plays. 

In today's world of college football you just want your defense to get a couple stops and come up with some big plays. Hold people to 3 points instead of 7.

No one is dominating!

27 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Not great defense though........Georgia is close, but they haven't faced an offensive juggernaut yet.

They've given up points yes, but they create turnovers and make teams one dimensionsional.

Their kryptonite, like everyone else's is the QB that can scramble around and make plays. 

20 hours ago, RedZone said:

In today's world of college football you just want your defense to get a couple stops and come up with some big plays. Hold people to 3 points instead of 7.

No one is dominating!

Outside of 2 quarters Alabama's defense has played damn good so far. 

On 10/9/2023 at 5:45 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Outside of 2 quarters Alabama's defense has played damn good so far. 

How’s DT playing?  Haven’t followed since FR season.

Jadyn Proctor, true fr starting at LT wow.  Then I saw his size and 247 rating.  Woooow.   

Similar to LSU LT Will Campbell, just a little smaller and Will is big.   :) 

5 hours ago, 941Indian said:

The Giants need to hire someone who knows how to coach an NFL offensive line. The talent isn't completely lackluster. They've been rebuilding it for 10 years now. Bobby Johnson just isn't working out. 

F!  Lost my reply again.  😡 

Cliffs notes:   

Are you from Tristate area?  

IMG_6459.jpeg

I’m so frustrated with the OL.  Daniel Jones should injure himself further and take off the rest of this season and hope for better years ahead. 

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1711074234603065702?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

I had 1-6 mentions on this fucking play and lost it. ☝️ 

Center assigned Neal to block an ILB blitz.  The shift left, grossly failed.  

The lone rb ran a flat route and the Center was so inept blocking that his man reached Jones about the same time as the DE!

Not sure about this, but I think the little Giants have one TD in the first half… this season.   Rant over.  :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

F!  Lost my reply again.  😡 

Cliffs notes:   

Are you from Tristate area?  

IMG_6459.jpeg

I’m so frustrated with the OL.  Daniel Jones should injure himself further and take off the rest of this season and hope for better years ahead. 

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1711074234603065702?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

I had 1-6 mentions on this fucking play and lost it. ☝️ 

Center assigned Neal to block an ILB blitz.  The shift left, grossly failed.  

The lone rb ran a flat route and the Center was so inept blocking that his man reached Jones about the same time as the DE!

Not sure about this, but I think the little Giants have one TD in the first half… this season.   Rant over.  :) 

I'm actually not from NJ. I've lived in Florida my whole life, but my entire extended family lives up there so I will always root for the Giants.

Daniel Jones hasn't been great, but he is far from being the straw breaking the camel's back. The offensive line is atrocious. They can't block, they can't protect Jones, they can't do much right and don't really look like an NFL-caliber line.

Having a bad offensive line opens the floodgates to a multitude of other issues. Not only can your offense not score or even sustain drives, but it puts immense pressure on your defense and special teams to try to win the game themselves. When they barely have time to get a drink of water or stretch because the offense keeps turning over the ball over and over again, or punting within 6-7 plays, they wear down. The Giants' defense is good enough to win a ballgame if their offensive performance is even just serviceable. But they don't even have that. So what needs to happen?

First and foremost: Bobby Johnson has to be shown the door. There is no reason for an NFL OL to play this poorly.

Continue drafting offensive linemen until a combination that works is found. Evan Neal is perilously close to bust-territory at this juncture.

I don't want to fire Brian Daboll or Mike Kafka yet, but their seats need to be getting a little warmer. It's one thing to say that the Giants' offensive line is historically bad and desperately needs to press the reset button. But, they've been trying to solve this problem for a decade, and it still hasn't improved; in fact, it has regressed. At some point, you have to look at the person coaching the position and decide to make a change. 

The Giants are good enough defensively to win ballgames, but they are probably still at least 3 years away from competing for anything past the divisional round with these constant offensive implosions. Will it be mended, only time will tell. #TogetherBlue

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

I'm actually not from NJ. I've lived in Florida my whole life, but my entire extended family lives up there so I will always root for the Giants.

10-4, I do recall you re: to NJ fam prior, but forgot if you lived up north at any time

Daniel Jones hasn't been great, but he is far from being the straw breaking the camel's back. The offensive line is atrocious. They can't block, they can't protect Jones, they can't do much right and don't really look like an NFL-caliber line.

Agreed and it’s not just this season.  Jones does eat the ball too much, but can’t blame him 24-7.  When you’re losing often, you want to make plays.  Eli and Simms got sacked a lot also for different reasons, but each matured and knew their offense very well… plus they had quality coaches to teach!  

Having a bad offensive line opens the floodgates to a multitude of other issues. Not only can your offense not score or even sustain drives, but it puts immense pressure on your defense and special teams to try to win the game themselves. When they barely have time to get a drink of water or stretch because the offense keeps turning over the ball over and over again, or punting within 6-7 plays, they wear down. The Giants' defense is good enough to win a ballgame if their offensive performance is even just serviceable. But they don't even have that. So what needs to happen?

First and foremost: Bobby Johnson has to be shown the door. There is no reason for an NFL OL to play this poorly.

Continue drafting offensive linemen until a combination that works is found. Evan Neal is perilously close to bust-territory at this juncture.

I don't want to fire Brian Daboll or Mike Kafka yet, but their seats need to be getting a little warmer. It's one thing to say that the Giants' offensive line is historically bad and desperately needs to press the reset button. But, they've been trying to solve this problem for a decade, and it still hasn't improved; in fact, it has regressed. At some point, you have to look at the person coaching the position and decide to make a change. 

The Giants are good enough defensively to win ballgames, but they are probably still at least 3 years away from competing for anything past the divisional round with these constant offensive implosions. Will it be mended, only time will tell. #TogetherBlue

Nothing to add, well stated and now we reminisce about better smashmouth teams in a photo below 

56 arm all the way on the end.   Met him 5-6 times in interesting locations, maybe all mentioned on forum.  😂   #searchfunction

IMG_6322.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

LSU will play Army this week...then an off week.

Then > the gumps at their house in what should be the college football game of the year. Who can forget last year's game, not me. 

Sadly, I won't be able to watch the game though because I'll be "driving" to the beach. I gotta get out more 😂😂😂

#goTigers

• 3 weeks later...

Alabama is a 3 point favorite @ home vs the Tiger. 

Note: LSU will be without a couple of defensive starters vs Alabama. Not real great news, but then again our defense is not all that anyways. 

"Defensive tackle Mekhi Wingo, a third-team All-American in 2022, had surgery and is out for the remainder of the regular season, Kelly said Monday. LSU cornerback and fourth-leading tackler Zy Alexander hurt his left leg on Oct. 21 against Army and won’t participate in Saturday night’s game."

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

There's a HUGE difference between talking fan bullshit and pretending to be a football expert like you do.

Stop the charade and madness!

You are slightly more talented than a "freebird type poster" when it comes to football.

You wanna be the pot or the kettle? 

For what its worth Steelers takes and opinions have been far more accurate than your self contrived BS... 

You are a idiot.... 

A fucking clown... 

All you do is project... 

Everything you accuse everyone else of doing YOU ACTUALLY DO.... 

But you never admit when you're wrong 

Rather than say you're wrong or you made a mistake you double down... 

This is why no one here, not a soul takes you serious... 

You're not a guru 

You're not a pro 

You're a joke 

• Thanks 1