Bishop Gorman vs Centennial (56-28 F)

RedZone

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

BG defense is not elite…. Line is slow and they are like Swiss cheese…. Cen10 moved the ball on them with ease, Turnovers were the killer….

Most were unforced and the refs gave BG an INT that clearly hit the ground and a TD that should not have been allowed when the BG player flipped the ball out before crossing the goal line….

Both MD and SJB handle BG by multiple scores…. 

How do you figure they were unforced turnovers? Lofton did not drop the ball before he crossed the goal line, it was close, but he crossed the line before dropping the ball. 

MD and SJB beating BG by multiple scores is questionable, but you’re mad so I understand the reason for the comment 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

So Gorman gave up twice as many points and scored twice as many points. What a statement! MD defense gave up 7 to Cen10 on the road. This was also Cen10’s first ever OOS road game. If Gorman wanted Mater Dei and Bosco they could’ve played them, they chose Poly and Cen10. It is what it is.

Probably makes sense to acknowledge that BG also played Miami Central. And that the Utah team BG played is 4-0 other than their matchup, whereas the Utah team MD played is 1-3 outside their game with MD.

MD is stacked once again, and very well could win a national tournament if there was one. BG would be in the mix as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Miami Central defeated  BTW  38-28 last night.  

In a few weeks, MC vs Chaminade Madonna.  September 21 is a Thursday tilt @MC Rockets or MaxPreps off?  

Florida and Georgia pick bad days to play good games... 

MC(FL) vs CM is most definitely a friday or saturday vibe type of game... 

Meanwhile we got 2.5-3.5 hour trips one way games on thursdays in GA...

I wish both our MC(GA) could have played MC (FL) but going off what I've seen so far... 

Idk... 

Miami Central has been playing stiffer competition for sure... 

But Mill Creek has been blowing out the competition they've been playing and went almost untouched by graduation... 

Miami Central used to schedule our 6A or 7A champs yearly but they stopped... 

And that sucks because MC vs MC would have been Great this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Florida and Georgia pick bad days to play good games... 

MC(FL) vs CM is most definitely a friday or saturday vibe type of game... 

Meanwhile we got 2.5-3.5 hour trips one way games on thursdays in GA...

I wish both our MC(GA) could have played MC (FL) but going off what I've seen so far... 

Idk... 

Miami Central has been playing stiffer competition for sure... 

But Mill Creek has been blowing out the competition they've been playing and went almost untouched by graduation... 

I wouldn’t mind a venue check also for that big matchup between Central and Chaminade… when first announced, I seem to recall it being mentioned at Traz (Dade). MP shows venue as CM home game?   

• dntn31 changed the title to Bishop Gorman vs Centennial (56-28 F)
4 hours ago, RedZone said:

The Bishop has "running clocked" ca's #3 and #6 teams this year.

The Bishop has no weaknesses and owns ca.

That's an idiotic claim to make when everyone knows that CA's #1 and #2 teams are significantly better than their #3-n teams.

You'd think you'd get better at this through sheer repetition. 

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

So Gorman gave up twice as many points and scored twice as many points. What a statement! MD defense gave up 7 to Cen10 on the road. This was also Cen10’s first ever OOS road game. If Gorman wanted Mater Dei and Bosco they could’ve played them, they chose Poly and Cen10. It is what it is.

Bro there's no way you still on here please tell me your in your 20s or 30s with no family 

Man I wish I had your time in life with a family having my own business and show I WISH I had your time in life

9 minutes ago, Antt said:

Bro there's no way you still on here please tell me your in your 20s or 30s with no family 

Man I wish I had your time in life with a family having my own business and show I WISH I had your time in life

You were on here everyday until Gorman lost to Mater Dei last year and then you went ghost. God bless! 

You also have almost 25k tweets about Vegas HSFB so what are you talking about? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You were on here everyday until Gorman lost to Mater Dei last year and then you went ghost. God bless! 

You also have almost 25k tweets about Vegas HSFB so what are you talking about? Lol

Retweets and 2 ppl run the account because we both have families now

Yeah once my kid came I was out and started own business but man I'll see you here in 14 years when my kid at gorman I guess 

But take a break brother remember it's high school football 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Probably makes sense to acknowledge that BG also played Miami Central. And that the Utah team BG played is 4-0 other than their matchup, whereas the Utah team MD played is 1-3 outside their game with MD.

MD is stacked once again, and very well could win a national tournament if there was one. BG would be in the mix as well.

Since there is no national tourney , teams that want to be considered go through intense scrutiny on here. BG's defense is too lame to be ignored. They may be good for a tier 3 or 4 type of team, but for a NC ?  I see no way does Gorman have enough to beat an SJB or MD . 

21 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I just don’t see it. I like Liberty in this one kinda big. I can see a 60-45 type game. Just think Liberty out scores CC. Liberty is pretty physical and has an explosive offense and better defense.

You and @Wooderson are the main sources for HSFB in AZ on this board. So I respect both of your opinions. I’m also keeping an eye on Calpreps and how they rate both Liberty(AZ) and Cen10(CA). Currently Cen10 is rated 9 points higher. And Massey ratings also gives Cen10 a 54% chance for victory so I’m thinking this will be a competitive game. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 1:09 AM, Cossacks said:

I just don’t see it. I like Liberty in this one kinda big. I can see a 60-45 type game. Just think Liberty out scores CC. Liberty is pretty physical and has an explosive offense and better defense.

It will come down to whether or not Cen10 can get their offense going, and eliminate the uncharacteristic turnovers. So far they’ve been sputtering at best.  The new QB came in with gaudy passing numbers through 2 years at Inglewood but curiously has been far more effective as a runner.  This is the main difference between the current Cen10 and the score a minute express in 2014-2017.   Those teams used the run to set up situationally effective passing when necessary. 

In terms of Liberty’s physicality, with MD, Punahou, and BG as comparison points, that shouldn’t intimidate them. RSM is the least physical team they played. 

If the refs allow Cen10 to run the offense as fast as they are capable (some officiating crews don’t), we’ll see how Liberty’s defense handles that.  However, they could always use the cramp technique like 
Punahou (8 times in the second half) did to slow things down. 

Prior to the season I thought there was a pretty good chance Cen10 went 2-3 given the OOL schedule they put together.  It still may happen, but I think it comes down to one score either way.