Bishop Gorman vs Centennial (56-28 F)

RedZone

12 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Those teams were much more evenly matched.  That makes a difference.  Cen10 has much less margin for error.  Cen10 had four turnovers last week, two returned for TD’s yet they still prevailed.  There’s a reason for that.

I've never been impressed with centennial's style of defense and they always look really small to me. 

15 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Those teams were much more evenly matched.  That makes a difference.  Cen10 has much less margin for error.  Cen10 had four turnovers last week, two returned for TD’s yet they still prevailed.  There’s a reason for that.

Mater Dei won 28-14; was only up 14-0 at halftime. 

They’re supposed to be number 2 in the country; are they not?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Mater Dei has had uncharacteristically sloppy games in two of the last four matchups with Cen10.  They sure didn’t look very sloppy last week.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I suppose it’s probably a shootout without the turnovers?

It’s much harder for public programs to have complete teams that are equally enough balanced to compete with the power privates.  A shootout is the only way.

As for MD vs BG?  It’s pretty close but I think MD has the better defense.  Cen10 put up 28 tonight with turnovers.  No way they do that against MD.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It’s much harder for public programs to have complete teams that are equally enough balanced to compete with the power privates.  A shootout is the only way.

As for MD vs BG?  It’s pretty close but I think MD has the better defense.  Cen10 put up 28 tonight with turnovers.  No way they do that against MD.

True. I can agree to that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Good luck next week vs Liberty (AZ)! They are currently rated as the number one team from Arizona. An upset would be nice!

I think we saw tonight that Cen10 is vulnerable downfield and Liberty can sling it.  They have to stop the turnovers though, 10 over the last two games.   I feel like they’ll come alive a little more in the passing game.  Could be a long night for the scorekeeper. 

Gaels truly a complete and quality team.  Man it would be good to see them and MD lock horns again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I think we saw tonight that Cen10 is vulnerable downfield and Liberty can sling it.  They have to stop the turnovers though, 10 over the last two games.   I feel like they’ll come alive a little more in the passing game.  Could be a long night for the scorekeeper. 

Gaels truly a complete and quality team.  Man it would be good to see them and MD lock horns again.

Gorman vs MD or SJB is not going to happen this year unless if CA allows teams to participate in the geico bowl. Do you know why they are not allowed to play in that series? I’m guessing that the CIF bowl games are played around the same time. 

3 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman vs MD or SJB is not going to happen this year unless if CA allows teams to participate in the geico bowl. Do you know why they are not allowed to play in that series? I’m guessing that the CIF bowl games are played around the same time. 

Sorry, I don’t know why CA teams can’t participate in Geico events.  It’s too bad though.  Hopefully BG gets a worthwhile opponent if they play.  I really don’t like blowouts except against Norco lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Good luck next week vs Liberty (AZ)! They are currently rated as the number one team from Arizona. An upset would be nice!

I just don’t see it. I like Liberty in this one kinda big. I can see a 60-45 type game. Just think Liberty out scores CC. Liberty is pretty physical and has a explosive offense and better defense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

They're hanging in a Benton, La thread most likely. 😂

Benton is not too great in football.

Anyways, The Bishop is the #1 team in the nation. No question about it.

4 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

Shut your filthy mouth, jk.  😂. Don’t let the usual suspects read that, that’s blasphemy to the MD gods 

Too Bad BG Ducked MD This year…. We would have got to see it play out if BG wasn’t so scared to lose and protect their Ranking…. 

Especially if you think you are the best team…. 

No one thought Cen10 would make it a close game…. I had said that I thought they could but then in the pick ‘em BG was my 9 pointer…. 🤣

So congrats to BG for Beating Cen10… Now just hope MD and SJB split so BG can Back its way into a Natty…. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Sorry, I don’t know why CA teams can’t participate in Geico events.  It’s too bad though.  Hopefully BG gets a worthwhile opponent if they play.  I really don’t like blowouts except against Norco lol.

I don’t get that either…. It’s like CA teams not being able to play IMG…. It doesn’t make any sense….

Excellent takes on Cen10 as Always!!!…. 🍻

51 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

So congrats to BG for Beating Cen10… Now just hope MD and SJB split so BG can Back its way into a Natty…. 🤣🤣

That’s all they can hope for. Nevada state titles are meaningless. Gormans season is over and it’s September 8th Lol. They could’ve returned the trip and played MD this year and settled it on the field, but would that be worth an 0-4 all time record against MD? 😂😏

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

So Gorman gave up twice as many points and scored twice as many points. What a statement! MD defense gave up 7 to Cen10 on the road. This was also Cen10’s first ever OOS road game. If Gorman wanted Mater Dei and Bosco they could’ve played them, they chose Poly and Cen10. It is what it is.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That’s all they can hope for. Nevada state titles are meaningless. Gormans season is over and it’s September 8th Lol. They could’ve returned the trip and played MD this year and settled it on the field, but would that be worth an 0-4 all time record against MD? 😂😏

BG defense is not elite…. Line is slow and they are like Swiss cheese…. Cen10 moved the ball on them with ease, Turnovers were the killer….

Most were unforced and the refs gave BG an INT that clearly hit the ground and a TD that should not have been allowed when the BG player flipped the ball out before crossing the goal line….

Both MD and SJB handle BG by multiple scores…. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

So Gorman gave up twice as many points and scored twice as many points. What a statement! MD defense gave up 7 to Cen10 on the road. This was also Cen10’s first ever OOS road game. If Gorman wanted Mater Dei and Bosco they could’ve played them, they chose Poly and Cen10. It is what it is.

Game, set, and match! 

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

MD does have the better defense, but I think BG has the better Offense.

• Like 1

• dntn31 changed the title to Bishop Gorman vs Centennial (56-28 F)