STA 37 Cocoa 36 F

RedZone

16 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

How can coaches cheat when they don't control the clock or the whistle?

STA has magical powers… the resemblance of a loss upcoming had two threads created and drooling occurring. 

16 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

What would you expect him to stay when he still has close ties to the program he once worked for?

He didn’t have to post anything.   Nobody forced him to defend STA.  

STA has demonic powers… the resemblance of their team having anything to do with cheating, created drooling here and on social media.  
Miramar fans chiming in on social media.  How about the OT bs call that the ref gave Miramar a winning TD at home vs STA vs calling him short and game over, STA wins?    

Refs and clock officials have a long reputation at Aquinas and it's no secret the B.S. have done and will likely do again in the future unless the FHSAA steps in, which won't happen unless Desantis is looking to lose his job

Examples?  So many you must be able to reel off a handful right away.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Just based on recent results, I'd say that Treasure Coast would have to be a solid favorite against STA in a few weeks.

Too lazy to look at TC’s results thus far.  I’ll let the coffee kick in first.  :) 

The students have their fun section at home, but even they are calm mostly.  The remainder of the crowd is also mostly subdued, with some louder fans with special messages for the refs being common of course.  :) 

My point being the TC game venue home or away doesn’t much matter.  STA home games are almost neutral in feel compared to the HS venue norm imho.  

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

How any person can reasonably believe that STA had somehow cheated to get this win, is seriously lacking reasonable thoughts.  And they obviously did not watch the whole game. The refs blew a couple calls.  Nothing to do with either team or coaches.  A couple of head scratcher calls that can be chalked up to human error. For the record, I am by no means an STA supporter.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

How any person can reasonably believe that STA had somehow cheated to get this win, is seriously lacking reasonable thoughts.  And they obviously did not watch the whole game. The refs blew a couple calls.  Nothing to do with either team or coaches.  A couple of head scratcher calls that can be chalked up to human error. For the record, I am by no means an STA supporter.  

No one has alleged that STA players or coaches cheated. It is the officials and/or clock operator that cheated Cocoa of a win. STA was no more of a victor over Cocoa than wiLiam Thomas is a woman.

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:20 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Too lazy to look at TC’s results thus far.  I’ll let the coffee kick in first.  :) 

The students have their fun section at home, but even they are calm mostly.  The remainder of the crowd is also mostly subdued, with some louder fans with special messages for the refs being common of course.  :) 

My point being the TC game venue home or away doesn’t much matter.  STA home games are almost neutral in feel compared to the HS venue norm imho.  

This has been my feeling as well.   In fact I feel local publics get more help than us.            Sucks if the officials impacted the game in the end.   Hate that.  

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

STA will hyper improve and be #1 in the nation by the end of the year tho.   🤣 jk jk

Not as long as they are competing against schools who draw from a talent pool, larger than the states of Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, and the state of metropolitan Atlanta.💩 

Just now, Middlegafan said:

Not as long as they are competing against schools who draw from a talent pool, larger than the states of Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, and the state of metropolitan Atlanta.💩 

OH, forget my last statement. I totally forgot that teams in FLAAWHDA can get players through the transfer portal, at the end or even in the middle of regular season.

21 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Apologies if I've overlooked your thoughts on the appeal, but @954gator and @Nolebull813, I would be interested in your take.  Of course overturning a game result is a pipe dream, but the list of grievances was surprisingly long.  Did you watch any of the game and, if so, did Cocoa have a case (the near impossibility of overturning a game result notwithstanding)?

53 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Apologies if I've overlooked your thoughts on the appeal, but @954gator and @Nolebull813, I would be interested in your take.  Of course overturning a game result is a pipe dream, but the list of grievances was surprisingly long.  Did you watch any of the game and, if so, did Cocoa have a case (the near impossibility of overturning a game result notwithstanding)?

NEVER say NEVER. I can recall once upon a midnight dreary. When the illustrious GHSA overturned a result between East Rome and West Rome. When it was discovered that the ref who made the deciding call on a touchdown in question, was an alumnus of the winning school.

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

Honestly I was back and forth watching different games.  I really only opened up the NFHS stream every once in a while to check the score as the stream was rough.  I remember seeing Cocoa in victory formation.    

• Thanks 1

Interesting apology. A last response to the STA - Cocoa game.

https://www.facebook.com/BrevardSportsNet/posts/pfbid02Wp89UhBshQfyq58MJG4bJLD5eLa5WGfLHaGCA5ZbCzB3KDCWMSEW5mi4juavnrDil

Brevard Sports Network
5h  ·
BSN HS FOOTBALL: BROWARD FOOTBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION ISSUES FORMAL APOLOGY TO COCOA TIGERS AD MARK CARSTENS AND HEAD COACH RYAN SCHNEIDER:
On Wednesday, The Broward Football Officials Association issued a formal apology to the Cocoa Tigers Athletic Director Mark Carstens and head Coach Ryan Schneider for their nine person crews handling of the final 1:28 of the Cocoa-St.Thomas game on Friday night which resulted in a Raiders 37-36 win.
While the apology won’t erase the loss and move the Tigers to 3-0 it does give the program the satisfaction of knowing that had the referees done their job properly, Cocoa most assuredly would have won the game.
AD Carstens received a phone call from Jeff Pratt, the head of the Broward Officials Association and Mr. Pratt apologized to both Coach Carstens and Coach Schneider for “the egregious clock management errors” as outlined in the appeal.”
“He also added that there “were 12 men on the field during the 4th down punt.”
He also acknowledged “ In both instances, this would have resulted in Cocoa winning the game.”
The Broward County Officials Association’s Executive Board are handling the punishment of the entire nine-person crew internally but sources close to BSN have told the network that the crew has been suspended.
On Monday morning, Cocoa appealed its loss to the Florida High School Athletic Association on the grounds that their loss was not the result of a judgement call, but rather the officials not following basic procedures.
The FHSAA quickly denied Cocoa's appeal on Monday afternoon simply stating that according to rule 4.2.1, “All Interscholastic contests are final and cannot be reversed, except where the rules of the sport permit or in the case where a winner must forfeit its victory or point.”
This is the second consecutive week the BFOA has come under fire. A week prior to the Cocoa game, Monarch High School asked the FHSAA if it could appeal its 33-32 loss to Atlantic after drive charts show the Eagles were given five downs on their final and game winning drive in the fourth quarter.
According to published reports, players and coaches on the Monarch sidelines celebrated after stops on second, third and fourth down only to be sent back to the sidelines by referees as both teams prepared for an additional down that should not have existed.
In the case of Cocoa, the Tigers led Aquinas 36-34 with .88 seconds to play in the game. Mathematically, The Tigers should have been able to run out the clock and win the game, but the officials stopped and failed to start the clock on multiple occasions when it should have been allowed to run.
There was also 12 men on the field returning a punt for St. Thomas in the games final minute. The play was initially flagged by an official but then the flag was picked up and the obvious penalty waived off.
BSN has published multiple stories and you can actually watch all this happen in real time by going back to Friday nights audio only cast in which BSN could only show the scoreboard.
Said AD Carstens to BSN, “We are happy that the BCFOA has admitted wrong doing by their crew and apologized. We also appreciate that they allowed for this to be a public apology. While it doesn’t erase the loss or the sting of what our student athletes and coaching staff accomplished, it does let them and our fans know that they did definitively beat the nationally ranked St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders on their home Field.”

• Thanks 1