Georgia Week 4 Scoreboard

TheMaximumHornetSting

On 9/9/2023 at 12:41 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Woodward Academy (College Park,GA) 10 @ Marist (Atlanta,GA) 17 FINAL-OT

this was personal for Marist.... 

Marist,Buford,Blessed Trinity and Benedictine where the privates hit the hardest with the GHSA self proclaimed "Equalizer Multiplier" Woodward should and was gonna be in 7A but the GHSA showed them some mercy and let them avoid 7A (Where they should be). Marist (Who had a 2A enrollment and was playing up in 4A and 5A already) petitioned down too and the GHSA told them No the same day... 

Do note... Woodward Academy was not playing up... like the other schools before the multiplier... they had a 4A enrollment and where playing in 4A which they arent supposed to be doing .  

Benedictine has a 1A enrollment currently plays 4A... before the new realignment they had a 1A enrollment and played in 3A... they did not petition to play down... 

Yet, they just went to the SWAMP in Ware Co., and stole their 7A cookies. And make NO mistake, Ware Co. is STILL 7A talent wise. Forget that career academy they hide behind.

Just now, Fred said:

Don't know, don't care.  It's in the W column and that's what counts.

Jist tryin to be a good neighbor, and not get your hopes up TOO highly, about the green goat's chances for the big enchilada. But IF this were FLAAAWDA, you boys could always run out at the end of the regular season, and procure a few odds and ends, that your coach missed during the off season transfer portal. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:41 AM, Fred said:

If I was looking at the computer instead of the news, I might have caught that.  Texting and composing text on my phone has ruined my typing skills.

Besides, I think 99.9999% of the readers here know who I was talking about.  The person I was talking to didn't complain.  No one seems to care besides you.

I just figured that a smart butt like yourownself, should be able to multitask. But that's just ME.☺️

On 9/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, charlton24fan said:

yep and its not getting any easier when they play Trinity next week. Years ago i went and watched a Bolles/Trinity game at Bolles, and what a facility they have over there. If Charlton didnt have such a short away game next week, i'd probably be at this game.

When did Trinity Christian start playing FOOTBALL? When they lost to Colquitt a few seasons back 38-0, I thought that they had sent the coed team by mistake. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:44 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Colquitt play plans vary. We've been known to never show all our cards early in the season. Kind of slowly building on the plan and opening the play book more and more as the need arises. 

I agree with @Iletteredintrack about the staff knowing we would win and possibly just testing stuff. Also, same assessment on Neko. He had a tough game for his standards. Some of the completions he did make don't happen if the receiver isn't fantastic. Throws behind. High. Etc. 

Our defense has a lot of growing to do, but, we actually did pretty good in spite of a few hiccups on that side of the ball and that huge back for Lee. 

One thing I know... Lee hasn't once been really ready for Colquitt in the last several meetings. Basically since Fabrizio has been there tbh. Which the same could be said for a lot of teams, but, for all the hype and such around Lee, you'd expect some better games out of them. 

I LIKE your coach's confidence, in thinking that they would beat Lee. In light of the FACT that Osmane Kromah has rushed for a biscuit under 420 yds., in the past two seasons against them Packers. 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, charlton24fan said:

yep and its not getting any easier when they play Trinity next week. Years ago i went and watched a Bolles/Trinity game at Bolles, and what a facility they have over there. If Charlton didnt have such a short away game next week, i'd probably be at this game.

What makes their facility noteworthy? Does it have a state of the art baseball/softball facility, with adjacent practice diamonds, and indoor batting cages? Or maybe a fifteen mile cross country course? Or would it be that it has an Olympic diving well, and accompanying indoor training facilities, in addition to an Olympic swimming pool. Or MAYBE it's the full size indoor football practice facility, and forty yard indoor sprint track and weight room. Or maybe the Fifth Quarter football dining facility? Or maybe the adjacent track and field facility and two additional practice fields. In addition to an 8,000 seat football stadium with Sprinturf surface. Or maybe a 4,000 seat basketball gym?

OH, you mean impressive for FLAAAWDA?

On 9/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Counting in Waycross HS (which I know is different) 

Ware County is 0-10 vs Colquitt County. 

Warner Robins is 7-6 vs Colquitt County... 

Northside WR is 2-2 vs Colquitt 

Houston is 2-5 vs Colquitt 

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that you were also counting the seasons when the idiots in the administration drank the koolaide, and hired Bob Griffith, Bill McCall, and lil Timmy Chokely.😲 

4 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that you were also counting the seasons when the idiots in the administration drank the koolaide, and hired Bob Griffith, Bill McCall, and lil Timmy Chokely.😲 

And they have been PACKERS since 1913. The new school is merely a consolidation of Moultrie, William Bryant, Doerun, and Norman Park.

And one of the main reasons why Valdosta is the winningest team in America IS. That Colquitt Co. had FOUR high schools until 1978. When they merged, Valdosta started LOSING BIGLY, to the Packers of Colquitt Co. THAT, plus Moultrie had distributive edumacation back in the day, siphoning off talent from the main student body, that could have played football, instead of helping provide for their families. Valdosta, under that master manipulator, Wright Bazemore, had the 'Rent a Cat' program. Where they SAID they were paying the kids for odd jobs, so they didn't have to miss football practice. AS a result, it was ALL HANDS ON DECK at Valdosta, while in Moultrie, it was the rich dicks who played. There were kids in my classes who had to work, who could clean the varsity's CLOCK. By FAR the best passer in the whole school was in my PE class. Our ALL AMERICAN QBI couldn't hit LAKE MICHIGAN. But he got his street creds as a runner.

On 9/17/2023 at 6:57 PM, Middlegafan said:

When did Trinity Christian start playing FOOTBALL? When they lost to Colquitt a few seasons back 38-0, I thought that they had sent the coed team by mistake. 

True, but TC’s only Ga teams, that I know of, are Colquitt cnty and Buford. Yeah they got blistered but you have to respect them for even scheduling that game. TC would fare well against a lot of Ga teams most of the time I think.

2 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

True, but TC’s only Ga teams, that I know of, are Colquitt cnty and Buford. Yeah they got blistered but you have to respect them for even scheduling that game. TC would fare well against a lot of Ga teams most of the time I think.

That was TC’s worst season in 2 decades. I’m gonna post some of TC’s past record and I want you to guess what year you think they played Colquitt 

2022 (11-1)

2021 (10-4)

2020 (12-1)

2019 (5-6)

2018 (13-1)

2017 (11-3)

2016 (9-3)

Take a wild guess 

On 9/19/2023 at 1:49 PM, Nolebull813 said:

That was TC’s worst season in 2 decades. I’m gonna post some of TC’s past record and I want you to guess what year you think they played Colquitt 

2022 (11-1)

2021 (10-4)

2020 (12-1)

2019 (5-6)

2018 (13-1)

2017 (11-3)

2016 (9-3)

Take a wild guess 

Lets add context, & throw the SoS in there, at least per CalPreps...

2022: 23.3

2021:  27

2020: 32.7

2019: 41.2 ... 3 of their losses were to Colquitt, BTW, & AHP

2018: 31.9

2017: 36.8

2016: 35.8

In conclusion, you can see certain stats do not always tell the whole story. While it was their worst record, it was their toughest schedule by a solid amount. Idk whether it was their worst team in that timeframe or not to be honest ... I just like knocking all the chess pieces off the board, claiming victory, & going home.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Lets add context, & throw the SoS in there, at least per CalPreps...

2022: 23.3

2021:  27

2020: 32.7

2019: 41.2 ... 3 of their losses were to Colquitt, BTW, & AHP

2018: 31.9

2017: 36.8

2016: 35.8

In conclusion, you can see certain stats do not always tell the whole story. While it was their worst record, it was their toughest schedule by a solid amount. Idk whether it was their worst team in that timeframe or not to be honest ... I just like knocking all the chess pieces off the board, claiming victory, & going home.

They got the SOS bump for playing a team like Colquitt. Imagine if they would have played some slappy and went 6-5. The SOS would have been down with the others and they would have been the same team. The SOS was bumped up specifically for playing Colquitt.