Georgia Week 4 Scoreboard

TheMaximumHornetSting

17 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Woodward Academy (College Park,GA) 10 @ Marist (Atlanta,GA) 17 FINAL-OT

this was personal for Marist.... 

Marist,Buford,Blessed Trinity and Benedictine where the privates hit the hardest with the GHSA self proclaimed "Equalizer Multiplier" Woodward should and was gonna be in 7A but the GHSA showed them some mercy and let them avoid 7A (Where they should be). Marist (Who had a 2A enrollment and was playing up in 4A and 5A already) petitioned down too and the GHSA told them No the same day... 

Do note... Woodward Academy was not playing up... like the other schools before the multiplier... they had a 4A enrollment and where playing in 4A which they arent supposed to be doing.  

Benedictine has a 1A enrollment currently plays 4A... before the new realignment they had a 1A enrollment and played in 3A... they did not petition to play down... 

Be that as it may, no private school, regardless of size, should be classified lower than any other school with no physical boundaries. To me, all private schools should be in the highest classification, because of this fact. For example, I went to school in the nineties, when Benedictine was in the highest classification, when they played in that historic defensive game in Savannah Memorial Stadium against Lowndes Co. A game won by the Vikings, 15-14. I believe that all four scores were defensive in nature. What's changed about the BC situation of today? They can manipulate their enrollment to anything they want it to be. The GHSA is just antiquated enough to think that there should be different classifications for private schools. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some of the greatest football factories in the nation, have four A numbers. St. Francis Academy, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco, and Bishop Gorman, to name a few.

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Counting in Waycross HS (which I know is different) 

Ware County is 0-10 vs Colquitt County. 

Warner Robins is 7-6 vs Colquitt County... 

Northside WR is 2-2 vs Colquitt 

Houston is 2-5 vs Colquitt 

How can that be? Haven't those Packers been around since the beginning of time? Or maybe I'm getting them mixed up with Colquitt, Ga.

36 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

@TheMaximumHornetSting FL was able to steal 2 of the 6 games this weekend vs GA. All the GA teams were large favorites based on their state rankings. Madison pounded Fitzgerald, and St Augustine is beating down Brunswick 45-28 late in the 4th

I expected Brunswick to pound St.Augustine and Creekside to bully Richmond Hills

13 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

How can that be? Haven't those Packers been around since the beginning of time? Or maybe I'm getting them mixed up with Colquitt, Ga.

The Packers have been around since 1913.  Moultrie Packers (of which I am an alumnus) was 1913-1977.  When the county consolidated all schools into Colquitt County in 1978....everything became the Colquitt County Packers.  Two different sets of records...Moultrie and Colquitt County.

Rufus>>

On 9/9/2023 at 12:41 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Woodward Academy (College Park,GA) 10 @ Marist (Atlanta,GA) 17 FINAL-OT

this was personal for Marist.... 

Marist,Buford,Blessed Trinity and Benedictine where the privates hit the hardest with the GHSA self proclaimed "Equalizer Multiplier" Woodward should and was gonna be in 7A but the GHSA showed them some mercy and let them avoid 7A (Where they should be). Marist (Who had a 2A enrollment and was playing up in 4A and 5A already) petitioned down too and the GHSA told them No the same day... 

Do note... Woodward Academy was not playing up... like the other schools before the multiplier... they had a 4A enrollment and where playing in 4A which they arent supposed to be doing .  

Benedictine has a 1A enrollment currently plays 4A... before the new realignment they had a 1A enrollment and played in 3A... they did not petition to play down... 

I met Coach Chadwick once. He doesn't seem the type to bare judges, but you obviously have inside information in this matter.

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

The Packers have been around since 1913.  Moultrie Packers (of which I am an alumnus) was 1913-1977.  When the county consolidated all schools into Colquitt County in 1978....everything became the Colquitt County Packers.  Two different sets of records...Moultrie and Colquitt County.

Rufus>>

If it's two different teams. Then why are they still called Packers?

@TheMaximumHornetSting here is the FL vs GA games this week. Do you think GA schedules so much FL garbage because when they schedule teams with a pulse, they can punch back? Hughes, Milton and Cedar Grove all took L’s to inferior teams but they weren’t so horrible that they looked like JV teams? But most GA teams do schedule JV looking teams. Do you think it’s for fake wins to convince the higher ups not to fire them? Look at these games. This is an embarrassment.

Georgia #23 Valdosta vs Florida #316 Deerfield Beach

Georgia #20 Lee County vs Florida #108 Lake Gibson 

Georgia #44 Appling County vs Florida #260 Moore Haven 

Georgia #48 Camden County vs Florida #338 Somerset Academy 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

@TheMaximumHornetSting here is the FL vs GA games this week. Do you think GA schedules so much FL garbage because when they schedule teams with a pulse, they can punch back? Hughes, Milton and Cedar Grove all took L’s to inferior teams but they weren’t so horrible that they looked like JV teams? But most GA teams do schedule JV looking teams. Do you think it’s for fake wins to convince the higher ups not to fire them? Look at these games. This is an embarrassment.

Georgia #23 Valdosta vs Florida #316 Deerfield Beach

Georgia #20 Lee County vs Florida #108 Lake Gibson 

Georgia #44 Appling County vs Florida #260 Moore Haven 

Georgia #48 Camden County vs Florida #338 Somerset Academy 

Will Lake Gibson have a HC?

Cause Lee County won't................

Rufus>>