Georgia Week 4 Scoreboard

TheMaximumHornetSting

Woodward Academy (College Park,GA) 10 @ Marist (Atlanta,GA) 17 FINAL-OT

this was personal for Marist.... 

Marist,Buford,Blessed Trinity and Benedictine where the privates hit the hardest with the GHSA self proclaimed "Equalizer Multiplier" Woodward should and was gonna be in 7A but the GHSA showed them some mercy and let them avoid 7A (Where they should be). Marist (Who had a 2A enrollment and was playing up in 4A and 5A already) petitioned down too and the GHSA told them No the same day... 

Do note... Woodward Academy was not playing up... like the other schools before the multiplier... they had a 4A enrollment and where playing in 4A which they arent supposed to be doing .  

Benedictine has a 1A enrollment currently plays 4A... before the new realignment they had a 1A enrollment and played in 3A... they did not petition to play down... 

1 hour ago, Middlegafan said:

Doesn't your team play Colquitt occasionally? Looks as though you could remember how to spell their name.

If I was looking at the computer instead of the news, I might have caught that.  Texting and composing text on my phone has ruined my typing skills.

Besides, I think 99.9999% of the readers here know who I was talking about.  The person I was talking to didn't complain.  No one seems to care besides you.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

yep and its not getting any easier when they play Trinity next week. Years ago i went and watched a Bolles/Trinity game at Bolles, and what a facility they have over there. If Charlton didnt have such a short away game next week, i'd probably be at this game.

Y'all got 3 away games in a row against some Good-Decent teams:

@ Pierce next week 

@ Dublin

@ Turner 

Man... You think Y'all can pull a W outta any of em? 

2 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

Im trying to figure out why there hasnt been a Madison vs Irwin cnty game yet. Irwin has typically been very good over the last several years and a game like that makes sense. 

They played in 2000 and 2001 Madison won both times... 

But those Irwin squads where not good... 

They haven't played again since... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Y'all got 3 away games in a row against some Good-Decent teams:

@ Pierce next week 

@ Dublin

@ Turner 

Man... You think Y'all can pull a W outta any of em? 

I mean, anything is possible and upsets happen but its unlikely. Defensively, we aint too bad but the offense just cant get out of their own way. The O-line is by far the weak spot and i cant figure out why we're running a 2 QB system. Penalties, turnovers, dropped passes and for the love of christ, our Qbs has to learn to throw the ball away instead of constantly taking 7-10 yard sacks(one more so than the other). We do have times where we look good, but always 1 step forward, then 5 yards back. Honestly, i think we need to move away from this spread offense but thats a whole different topic.

10 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

I just watched some of the Lee-Colquitt game. What did you think of the Colquitt play calling? I thought that they might have left quite a few points on the field.

Not Hawg but I’ll give you my 2 cents worth. I thought for some reason we tried to be too cute on offense. We called a couple of double passes when there was no need. I think our staff realized early on that this would be a close game but we were the better team and made the decision to try a few things. Neko did not have a great game. He missed a couple of wide open receivers. It was nice to see the coaches get 18 involved in the offense. Lee started completely ignoring him midway through the 2nd quarter. 

• Like 1

This is Madison County FL vs Georgia all time (since 1980 when Greenville High and Madison High merged to form Madison County)

1984 vs Brooks Co. 3-23 loss

1985 vs Brooks Co. 10-6 win

1985 vs Brooks Co. 13-14 loss

1998 vs Cook Co. 55-8 win 

1999 vs Cook Co. 31-6 win 

2000 vs Irwin Co. 53-12 win 

2001 vs Irwin Co. 39-6 win

2001 vs Valdosta 6-16 loss

2002 vs Brooks Co. 37-7 win

2002 vs Valdosta 6-0 win 

2003 vs Brooks Co. 10-10 tie

2004 vs Valdosta 15-7 win

2005 vs Valdosta 29-28 win 

2006 vs Coffee 7-17 loss 

2007 vs Coffee 19-20 loss

2011 vs Colquitt Co. 19-20 loss

2014 vs Brooks Co 29-22 win

2015 vs Brooks Co 0-27 loss 

2021 vs Valdosta 0-52 loss

2022 vs Fitzgerald 12-20 loss

2023 vs Fitzgerald 30-16 win 

11-9-1 all time 

39 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is Madison County FL vs Georgia all time (since 1980 when Greenville High and Madison High merged to form Madison County)

1984 vs Brooks Co. 3-23 loss

1985 vs Brooks Co. 10-6 win

1985 vs Brooks Co. 13-14 loss

1998 vs Cook Co. 55-8 win 

1999 vs Cook Co. 31-6 win 

2000 vs Irwin Co. 53-12 win 

2001 vs Irwin Co. 39-6 win

2001 vs Valdosta 6-16 loss

2002 vs Brooks Co. 37-7 win

2002 vs Valdosta 6-0 win 

2003 vs Brooks Co. 10-10 tie

2004 vs Valdosta 15-7 win

2005 vs Valdosta 29-28 win 

2006 vs Coffee 7-17 loss 

2007 vs Coffee 19-20 loss

2011 vs Colquitt Co. 19-20 loss

2014 vs Brooks Co 29-22 win

2015 vs Brooks Co 0-27 loss 

2021 vs Valdosta 0-52 loss

2022 vs Fitzgerald 12-20 loss

2023 vs Fitzgerald 30-16 win 

11-9-1 all time 

respect to Madison Cnty. I would've liked to have seen a Charlton/Madsion game back when Charlton was more competitive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

respect to Madison Cnty. I would've liked to have seen a Charlton/Madsion game back when Charlton was more competitive.

Yeah that would have been a good one for sure. When Charlton gets back to where they expect, that game would have some area interest for sure. And if this Border War keeps going, then it would only make sense to pair these teams up. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah that would have been a good one for sure. When Charlton gets back to where they expect, that game would have some area interest for sure. And if this Border War keeps going, then it would only make sense to pair these teams up. 

My border war lineup would have been: 

Benedictine vs Trinity Christian Academy 

Ware County vs Creekside 

Richmond Hills vs Mandarin 

Charlton vs University Christian -I would have kept this if I didnt know Charlton was gonna be down... 

Brunswick vs First Coast 

Glynn Academy vs. Baker County-Also would have kept. 

Madison County vs Mcintosh Academy 

Fitzgerald vs Yulee 

My border war lineup would have been: 

Benedictine vs Trinity Christian Academy 

Ware County vs Creekside 

Richmond Hills vs Mandarin 

Charlton vs University Christian -I would have kept this if I didnt know Charlton was gonna be down... 

Brunswick vs First Coast 

Glynn Academy vs. Baker County-Also would have kept. 

Madison County vs Mcintosh Academy 

Fitzgerald vs Yulee 

First coast? They are on a 12 game losing streak. 

Benedictine vs Jax TC

Ware Co vs Bartram Trail

Brunswick vs Creekside 

Camden Co vs Mandarin

Glynn Academy vs University Christian  

Pierce County vs Bolles

Richmond Hill vs St Augustine 

Fitzgerald vs Bradford County

Charlton vs Union County 

McIntosh Academy vs Bishop Kenny

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

First coast? They are on a 12 game losing streak. 

Benedictine vs Jax TC

Ware Co vs Bartram Trail

Brunswick vs Creekside 

Camden Co vs Mandarin

Glynn Academy vs University Christian  

Pierce County vs Bolles

Richmond Hill vs St Augustine 

Fitzgerald vs Bradford County

Charlton vs Union County 

McIntosh Academy vs Bishop Kenny

See I didnt know FC was on a losing streak... 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

I just watched some of the Lee-Colquitt game. What did you think of the Colquitt play calling? I thought that they might have left quite a few points on the field.

I think Colquitt play plans vary. We've been known to never show all our cards early in the season. Kind of slowly building on the plan and opening the play book more and more as the need arises. 

I agree with @Iletteredintrack about the staff knowing we would win and possibly just testing stuff. Also, same assessment on Neko. He had a tough game for his standards. Some of the completions he did make don't happen if the receiver isn't fantastic. Throws behind. High. Etc. 

Our defense has a lot of growing to do, but, we actually did pretty good in spite of a few hiccups on that side of the ball and that huge back for Lee. 

One thing I know... Lee hasn't once been really ready for Colquitt in the last several meetings. Basically since Fabrizio has been there tbh. Which the same could be said for a lot of teams, but, for all the hype and such around Lee, you'd expect some better games out of them. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Colquitt play plans vary. We've been known to never show all our cards early in the season. Kind of slowly building on the plan and opening the play book more and more as the need arises. 

I agree with @Iletteredintrack about the staff knowing we would win and possibly just testing stuff. Also, same assessment on Neko. He had a tough game for his standards. Some of the completions he did make don't happen if the receiver isn't fantastic. Throws behind. High. Etc. 

Our defense has a lot of growing to do, but, we actually did pretty good in spite of a few hiccups on that side of the ball and that huge back for Lee. 

One thing I know... Lee hasn't once been really ready for Colquitt in the last several meetings. Basically since Fabrizio has been there tbh. Which the same could be said for a lot of teams, but, for all the hype and such around Lee, you'd expect some better games out of them. 

My only Gripe with Lee isn't even coaching,talent or development because they got all that... 

But their scheduling... 

Playing Lithia Springs and a down Warner Robins isn't gonna prepare you for Colquitt... 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, I had read on the Georgia high school weekly postings website, where he had set some long standing records for you guys. But I didn't see much of that last night. And just from an innocent bystanders viewpoint. Maybe they should table some of those gadget plays. Hopefully for them, they won't be part of their ongoing game plan.

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My only Gripe with Lee isn't even coaching,talent or development because they got all that... 

But their scheduling... 

Playing Lithia Springs and a down Warner Robins isn't gonna prepare you for Colquitt... 

But in their defense, the Lee coach probably didn't realize that WR would be down this season. 

Just now, Middlegafan said:

Yeah, I had read on the Georgia high school weekly postings website, where he had set some long standing records for you guys. But I didn't see much of that last night. And just from an innocent bystanders viewpoint. Maybe they should table some of those gadget plays. Hopefully for them, they won't be part of their ongoing game plan.

Lee county has never beaten Colquitt. Their first meeting was in 1988 latest 2023 

Lee County is 0-16 vs Colquitt all time... 

• Like 1

Lee county has never beaten Colquitt. Their first meeting was in 1988 latest 2023 

Lee County is 0-16 vs Colquitt all time... 

Well, maybe the Lee coach just like losing to Colquitt. I saw somewhere, where Ware Co. was also hapless against Colquitt, as is Warner Robins, except for their 2000 playoff game. And neither play Colquitt now!

Just now, Middlegafan said:

Well, maybe the Lee coach just like losing to Colquitt. I saw somewhere, where Ware Co. was also hapless against Colquitt, as is Warner Robins, except for their 2000 playoff game. And neither play Colquitt now!

Counting in Waycross HS (which I know is different) 

Ware County is 0-10 vs Colquitt County. 

Warner Robins is 7-6 vs Colquitt County... 

Northside WR is 2-2 vs Colquitt 

Houston is 2-5 vs Colquitt