St. Joseph's Prep at Lakeland Friday...

badrouter

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yea, this game will give us some sort of gauge as to who Norland really is. 

There were a handful of major plays in the Lakeland game that were very close to going the other way. A 66-yard pass thrown into three defenders on 3rd and 14 (conversion!), a near pick-six (missed the pick); a 37-yard TD pass with less than 10 seconds in the 1st half, thrown from exactly the 37; a play that would have been called "in the grasp" in the NFL, and been a safety, which knocked the QB out for a play...which was actually a 20-yard completion; the last TD which was a fumble, picked up, broke two tackles and then threw a dart that the WR broke for a TD. If those plays were a result of the magic of Yapoor, they will be extremely difficult to beat. If they were more good fortune, and/or a matter of Lakeland's kids being a hair short of being as good as Norland's kids, then a Central may make those narrow conversions narrow misses.

SJP's QB is more explosive than Yapoor, but probably not as strong and we'll see about his accuracy. Semaj being faster isn't a concern if he's less powerful and less "clutch".

The link I shared is the only non-underground/Facebook link to watch the game. NFHS won't work. Direct message for the underground link.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Well this score doesn't look good for Norland 

It was close mid 3rd Q.   Stopped watching bc STA losing (lost) to Cocoa lol.    Looks as though 2 or 3 D tds late off defensive plays.   Not a bad showing for Lakeland honestly I thought SJP would bully their line more than they did. 

50 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Well this score doesn't look good for Norland 

It was a very similar game. Difference was two bad fumbles. One when Lakeland was inside the 20 and the QB fumbled and it was returned ~80 yards for a Td, and then another on the ensuing kickoff. I assume you didn't watch the game. Lakeland led in the 3rd quarter. At that, you're talking 48-34 vs. 45-24. I don't think there's any conclusion to be made in comparing Norland and SJP. Both were too much for a rebuilding defense at Lakeland. The passing game continues to impress, though. Lakeland likely will have the highest point total of any of SJP's opponents, given IMG got fewer points...

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It was a very similar game. Difference was two bad fumbles. One when Lakeland was inside the 20 and the QB fumbled and it was returned ~80 yards for a Td, and then another on the ensuing kickoff. I assume you didn't watch the game. Lakeland led in the 3rd quarter. At that, you're talking 48-34 vs. 45-24. I don't think there's any conclusion to be made in comparing Norland and SJP. Both were too much for a rebuilding defense at Lakeland. The passing game continues to impress, though. Lakeland likely will have the highest point total of any of SJP's opponents, given IMG got fewer points...

SJP got their TDs on defense vs IMG too.   Opportunistic D they got over there.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

SJP got their TDs on defense vs IMG too.   Opportunistic D they got over there.  

Yup. The pick six was a result of a miscommunication, as the QB threw it to a spot the WR had vacated. The 80-yard strip-six was awful. Lakeland punches it in to pull to 31-24, maybe they have a shot. But, 80 yards later it was lights out, game over. FWIW, I still think you can count on one hand the teams in Florida who are definitely better than Lakeland. And, they're probably all in Dade and Broward, meaning not 4S.  

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Can a brotha get a score?

Score by quarter:

After 1: Lakeland 7, SJP 0

HT: SJP 16, Lakeland 14

After 3: SJP 23- Lakeland 17

Final: SJP 45, Lakeland 24. 80-yard strip six return when Lakeland was driving down 31-17, and an awful fumble on the ensuing kickoff return is what allowed SJP to blow it open.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 2:31 AM, Nolebull813 said:

This is a regional All-Star team, pulling from numerous states, blue chip prospects from all over against a neighborhood town team who is playing with a brand new coach for the first time in 47 years. 

lakeland is out manned at every position. This game will get ugly fast. You will quickly file this under “why the fuck was this game even scheduled?”

Where, or how, within this prediction, did you account for the possibility that Lakeland ended up holding a 3rd quarter lead, and trailed 23-17 after 3 quarters? "Ugly fast"? Did you type that while taking a load to the face from CockSucker Maimome (CSM) or after?