Ohio Week 4

OdbCle

5 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

A win is win although too many mistakes & poor discipline 

Those two early turnovers gifting Elder two scores were brutal, but I give them credit for bearing down and not panicking.   And Elder at the Pit is always tough.   I’d still like to know what the Eds players said to the ref, or if he was just looking to throw a flag in that critical spot.  Maybe there was a comment about some kind of unnatural relations with a family member?  LOL.

5 minutes ago, reggid said:

Those two early turnovers gifting Elder two scores were brutal, but I give them credit for bearing down and not panicking.   And Elder at the Pit is always tough.   I’d still like to know what the Eds players said to the ref, or if he was just looking to throw a flag in that critical spot.  Maybe there was a comment about some kind of unnatural relations with a family member?  LOL.

10 penalties for 124 yards is unacceptable. Twice they were called for double 15 yarders. 3 TD’ s called back. 
the Elder announcer was not complimentary to the way Ed’s was coached. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

10 penalties for 124 yards is unacceptable. Twice they were called for double 15 yarders. 3 TD’ s called back. 
the Elder announcer was not complimentary to the way Ed’s was coached. 

Agreed — you have maintain composure even when facing a flurry of flags.  But those refs were a blight on an otherwise great game.  Totally one-sided homers.  Thought I was watching some West Texas kind of b.s. for a while there.  ; )  Still, you have to keep your cool on the road, especially when it’s clear they are looking to throw flags.  

Phone died while I was watching my nephews game. Got a charge just in time to see the winning FG. Agree on the discipline issues. And I’m not just talking about penalties. Defense was out of position far too often on the QB keepers, which was essentially Elders entire offense the second half. Blitzing guys into gaps with no regard for where the play was going and leaving the middle of the field completely unoccupied. If Casey can’t go next week in Massillon that’s going to be a tough one to win. Their QB Owens could eat Ed’s alive if they can’t play sound assignment football.