Georgia week 3 Scoreboard

TheMaximumHornetSting

I bust my ass to pay for everything that I'm barely around to use... 

Dont ya love it?

But back to football... 

Lithia Springs (GA) 12 @ Lee County (Leesburg,GA) 59 Final 

Lamar County (Barnesville,GA) 28 @ Dublin (GA) 33 Final 

Dutchtown (Mcdonough,GA) 29 @  Jonesboro(GA) 30 OT Final 

Ola HS (Mcdonough,GA) 44 @ Jackson (GA) 7 FINAL 

Mcdonough (GA) HS 28 @ Union Grove (Mcdonough,GA) 23 FINAL 

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

North Cobb has 3 away games in a row 

@Marietta 

@Milton 

@ Northside WR

All 3 could be L's...  I wont count Marietta out just yet but last night they had a complete meltdown against Roswell

Playoffs are going to be interesting no team is playing complete football. Those top 5 in 7A can all beat each other. 6A looks to be the same way. 

12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

6A is an absolute toss up 

7A: 

Buford,Walton,Colquitt and Mill Creek are ahead by a mile...

Hey man who is writing the sports column for the Tifton Gazette? Whoever it is puts on a show with these write ups. I love it. Every post is a fire starter.

https://www.tiftongazette.com/sports/tift-offense-pushes-packers-in-loss/article_d32dc2d2-4949-11ee-8e6d-2baa3abc7b8f.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1lIboQN4XVKGCafRrcMSHXPkx0iw6GrVM9Wx6eDvJsdufZ_H7G2bf33Ww

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

6A is an absolute toss up 

7A: 

Buford,Walton,Colquitt and Mill Creek are ahead by a mile...

Langston Hughes looks to be ahead of the rest of 6A by a decent margin. Probably more so than any year in recent memory 6A appears to have a clear favorite.

Would not leave Carrollton out of the convo for 7A.

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

North Cobb has 3 away games in a row 

@Marietta 

@Milton 

@ Northside WR

All 3 could be L's...  I wont count Marietta out just yet but last night they had a complete meltdown against Roswell

Allow me to offer an opinion in Marietta. Small team and some of the coaching decisions last night left a lot to be desired. 

We’re down 21-14 with around two minutes in the half, with the ball around our own 15. Instead of running it three times and punting (or draining the clock) we go for first downs and throw it. Now my memory is foggy with my recent health issues, but I’m pretty sure we punted, had a bad snap and they blocked the punt and scored. Then we get the kickoff and try to score again. GI’ve up the ball and they scored another TD to go into the half 35-14. Those types of situations are backbreakers when you’re playing a better team. I’ll add we were the receiving team to start the second half. 

As far as North Cobb goes, they gotta be 3TD favorites over us. Their QB is bigger than three of our for DL. 😂 I don’t think they’ll go anywhere because they have coaching issues that handicap them but they have a lot of talent still.

21 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

West Nassau 22 @ Charlton 18 

Santa Fe (Gainesville,FL) 3 @ Lanier County (Lakeland,GA) 33 4th qtr

Lanier cnty looks like they took care of business! Looking at Charltons schedule, i only see one winnable game which is Atkinson cnty. The way its going though, thats a toss up too. I say that based on everything i've seen so far. IF the offense can get out of their own way and clean some things up they can get an extra win or two. 

36 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

Did you find this surprising? Has Camden been making improvements or is GA just really down?

Ga is down overall. Ill just speak on region 1 7A. In 2019 we had 3 out of 4 teams make it to the quarterfinals. Haven't been close to that as a region since. 

Lowndes opponents defeated combined record so far as 1-4. Colquitts opponents defeated combined record is 1-8. We'll have 4 teams with good records against lackluster teams and when the playoffs start it'll be embarrassing.

46 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

Lanier cnty looks like they took care of business! Looking at Charltons schedule, i only see one winnable game which is Atkinson cnty. The way its going though, thats a toss up too. I say that based on everything i've seen so far. IF the offense can get out of their own way and clean some things up they can get an extra win or two. 

Santa Fe is one of the worst teams in the state. They will go 0-10 or 0-9. If Charlton plays Lanier Co. don’t put too much stock in that game specifically. 

Even in 6A just for the TCC fans their opponents combined record is 4-5. There aren't that many good HC and for position coaches its even worse. Its a lot of coaches riding on 8-10 win seasons with schedules full of cupcakes. That's one of my points with adam carter his only success came on the back of a team with almost 30 transfers.

12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im still not used to Carrollton and Hughes being where they are

As long as Julian Lewis is there, Carrollton will be a contender. I could also say the same about Joey King as HC.

For Hughes, idk if this is the start of a long stretch of dominance or just a few lucky talented classes. Not sure, but they are up there for now.

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Allow me to offer an opinion in Marietta. Small team and some of the coaching decisions last night left a lot to be desired. 

We’re down 21-14 with around two minutes in the half, with the ball around our own 15. Instead of running it three times and punting (or draining the clock) we go for first downs and throw it. Now my memory is foggy with my recent health issues, but I’m pretty sure we punted, had a bad snap and they blocked the punt and scored. Then we get the kickoff and try to score again. GI’ve up the ball and they scored another TD to go into the half 35-14. Those types of situations are backbreakers when you’re playing a better team. I’ll add we were the receiving team to start the second half. 

As far as North Cobb goes, they gotta be 3TD favorites over us. Their QB is bigger than three of our for DL. 😂 I don’t think they’ll go anywhere because they have coaching issues that handicap them but they have a lot of talent still.

Is coach Queen still over North Cobb?