Bosco might go 2-7

181pl

38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's what I mean. You can have SPP/BC playing in the semis along w PC/DBP. 

In that case DBP maybe makes it to Met Life. 

Last season, Bosco was the four seed despite beating 2BC and 3SPP, who somehow had more power points. Therefore, they had to play 1PC in the semis, which should've been the Chip if the seedings were done correctly. 

I see your reasoning. I'm thinking like out here in Az. they seed 1-16 with 1 playing 16, 2 playing 15 etc.

Best teams play the lowest seeds and get home field.

20 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It says they have 67 points but if you add up their points they have 33

1 point for SPP

14 points for West Orange

17 points for dickinson

1 point for PCTI

The 67 is correct I think.  For whatever reason gridironnj.com can't factor the fubar BNU power point enhancement in their system.  They can show it on the final number by manually putting it in but can't "show their work" as our math teachers used to say with whatever program they use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

So now,with the talent level in the toilet,forget playing the big boys nationally,be satisfied with winning states...That will lead to playing Ramsey and Hawthorne..  This shows exactly what teams should not be doing and always make fun of SPP...

The days of playing elite OOS might be behind us but playing good OOS teams are certainly still in the mix trust me on that. And yes the goal is too win the state. And Ramsey and Hawthorne will never play the bnu schools

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Power points received by BNU teams per OOS game:

BC: AW 0, MD 3

PC: AW 12

DBP: Byrnes 4, SFA 3

SJR: DFB 17, SJC 0

SPP: SJP 3 (Note: SPP got 17 for playing UC)

Moral of the story: In NJ, the best way to earn large amounts of power points vs OOS teams is to schedule and beat those elite public schools w very large enrollments. 

This pretty much sums up NJ playoff system once again. So BC get 3 power points playing the #1 team in the country. LOL. In the end it really doesn't matter because they will all have to play once again in the states (NPG3 & 4). But just shows how out of touch the NJSIAA is.

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just like Valdosta. Title town my ass!!

I like Valdosta, but, I tend to agree here. It's been 10 years since a "title town" school won a state title in the big boy class. 

That little AAAAAA state title last year was a small school title.

They are also the definition of living off the juice of the past.

This year, I hear that Lowndes has the juice again, so maybe they can start livin' in the present again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I saw that 2011 Bosco team play in person twice.. 4-5 hs all Americans on it....They beat Colquit and any honest man would most likely agree..What team in hs has ever had 4-5 all Americans on it at one time.. Shumate,Peppers, Hamilton, Carroo and some say Strizak....

Missing Yuri Wright

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Right....Very good,but wasn't he thrown off the team and out of Bosco ??? Oh, he finished football season, then was kicked out and finished at Ramsey hs...

he finished the season though before he was kicked out. Went on to play at Colorado. And no i believe he finished up at Spring Valley HS in Rockland County

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Lincoln and UC are extremely smart. They're guaranteed to make the playoffs despite their records. And probably will have home field advantage throughout. 

And Top 50 SPP is smart for having three "bye" weeks during the season. Who's laughing now?

Yep. SPP is doing the best way to win the state. Hansen doesnt care about national rankings. hes there to win the state and hes got a good chance of doing it. 3 bye week fully rested going into league play. Can test out his new QB and fix the glitches before SJR BC DBP DPC. UC is gonna be the #1 seed. They are 30 points ahead of North Bergen