Winners/Losers of the Wknd.

Mjd33

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

wouldnt be surprised if BC beats SJR. SJR weakness is in their secondary. JL has to control the ball not turn the ball over 3 times and if your Nunzio you have to throw the ball. Running the ball like they did against PC will not be that effective. I expect to see PA passes and rolling JL out of the pocket. This should be a game where JL has to probably throw the ball 30 times and stretch the field. A kid like Classi has to be big

BC is home and has the weapons to test sjr on the outside. Right now I still think sjr is a little better but it's only a 60/40 game in favor of sjr. Sjr has advantage on the lines. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

BC is home and has the weapons to test sjr on the outside. Right now I still think sjr is a little better but it's only a 60/40 game in favor of sjr. Sjr has advantage on the lines. 

Yes up front SJR is better. But if JL can find some time he can go over the top of SJR and move the ball down the field. And the turnovers have to be cleaned up asap. And the snaps. Against PC at least 2 very bad snaps. And the ST...punter on both teams in the BC PC game was terrible. SJR on the defensive front with Cross is a force. Mckenzie and Johnson are gonna have a hard time finding running lanes

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i agree pc not that good. still not sold on SJR either. Everyone is so high on them. They have to beat BC and SPP to at least raise my eye on them

Sjr made few mistakes against sjc and got big played but sjc taking sjb to the brink a positive sign for sjr. Sjc can play with anyone in the country .... 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes up front SJR is better. But if JL can find some time he can go over the top of SJR and move the ball down the field. And the turnovers have to be cleaned up asap. And the snaps. Against PC at least 2 very bad snaps. And the ST...punter on both teams in the BC PC game was terrible. SJR on the defensive front with Cross is a force. Mckenzie and Johnson are gonna have a hard time finding running lanes

Agree with this. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Spp handily beat SHP while bosco struggled with them and also SHP took PC to OT. 

Spp a pretty damn good team. Spp and sjr two best teams in nj imo. Sjr getting some help on offense soon to when sharkey back this week or next after sitting out 30 days. 

I agree that is why I think SPP winning by the big margin is no big deal. they did what they should have done. And comparing SPP to Bosco because of SHP game does seem fair because it's pretty obvious after 4 games this is a bad Bosco team.

Just now, Mjd33 said:

If MD beats sjb by two scores or more I think they might be on a different tier than everyone in the country all by themselves. 

Not sure STA has the offense to keep up scoring with MD ..... 

I agree. STA needed OT to score 9 points on SJB at home. MD will probably win by double digits over SJB thats my prediction

Just now, aZjimbo said:

I think there were more than a few of us who thought that. Talents plus 2 easy wins to rest starters and stay fresh. We'll see how it all plays out. Right now Bosco, BC and PC are not good teams. SPP about the only team left in NPG4.

BC can put the most amount of pressure though on SPP in NPG4 imo. But i would take SPP over them. Season is almost half over gentleman. 4 game done 5 to go 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

I agree but BC, Bosco, PC all seem to have issues after 4 games. We'll see what transpires the rest of the way.

Yes they do. All those teams do have issues. SPP might have issues I havent seen them yet. Apparently ST let them down against SJP. Could come back to haunt them later in the year. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

SPP hasn't been tested yet in state. I say 2-2 at best. 

Could be. I havent personally seen SPP yet this year and i dont think too many guys have but SPP usually has some athletes on both sides of the ball. 3 kids committed to ND included in that. I wasnt impressed with either BC or PC friday night. Like i said im intrigued in SPP/DPC game. Can DPC returning starters be too much for SPP? I hope that game is at DPC ill go to that one. If BC doesnt clean up their turnovers and ST and bad snaps SPP can certainly beat them. 

53 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SPPs season hinges on its next four games. PC, DPC, BC and SJR. 

Spp needed to schedule their 2-3 cupcakes better (if considering SHP cupcake but I don't so 2) 

spp should of split up these next 4 games with union city or Lincoln and opened the season with tough opponent like sjp.

Spp prob drops 1 game goes 3-1. 

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Spp needed to schedule their 2-3 cupcakes better (if considering SHP cupcake but I don't so 2) 

spp should of split up these next 4 games with union city or Lincoln and opened the season with tough opponent like sjp.

Spp prob drops 1 game goes 3-1. 

thats what i said at worst 3-1. Right now because of their schedule i believe they are 7th in seedings according to gridironNJ. SPP only received 3 points for losing to SPP but got 10 for beating SHP

15 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Orange Lutheran played Heritage 

Servite played Garfield 

J Serra played Los Alamitos 

cant give them a shout out when half the league plays cans. 

i think Servite is going to take 3rd in the TL this year but win 2 games in the playoffs...they look really good this year. Think MD and SJB beat them but wouldn't be surprised if the CIF-SS D1 final 4 was MD, 10Cen, SJB and Servite

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree. STA needed OT to score 9 points on SJB at home. MD will probably win by double digits over SJB thats my prediction

I would've thought this before Sat. game against SJC. But Uiagalelei looked really good replacing Mitchell. Will be interesting to see if Mitchell is lining up as a receiver with his size and speed. Or is he tough enough to take some carries out of the backfield?  Still think MD wins this game due to Daniels looking like a young Peyton Manning back there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

i think Servite is going to take 3rd in the TL this year but win 2 games in the playoffs...they look really good this year. Think MD and SJB beat them but wouldn't be surprised if the CIF-SS D1 final 4 was MD, 10Cen, SJB and Servite

3. Santa Margarita

4. Orange Lutheran

5. Servite

6. JSerra