DeShaun Watson

steeler01

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

The NFL has plenty of game film on him. It's hard to stop a guy that can scramble and make people miss in the backfield(Like Wilson), and throw the ball in the pocket. 

Watson is very similar to Donovan McNabb, but a better pocket passer IMO.

They have his college film not so much NFL gamefilm. Hes only played 4 NFL games. Thats not really a lot of tape to see tendencies and patterns in his game. Yes he can scramble and throw the ball. And they are starting to catch up to Wilson as well. Wilson has 3 turnovers in 4 games this year. Just threw 2 INTs last night. Like i said the kid is good and hes an exciting player to watch. Just interested to see how long he lasts

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They have his college film not so much NFL gamefilm. Hes only played 4 NFL games. Thats not really a lot of tape to see tendencies and patterns in his game. Yes he can scramble and throw the ball. And they are starting to catch up to Wilson as well. Wilson has 3 turnovers in 4 games this year. Just threw 2 INTs last night. Like i said the kid is good and hes an exciting player to watch. Just interested to see how long he lasts

That's plenty of film. That's not the problem, the problem is you can't take into account his legs extending and making plays

He threw for four TD's and one interception.

25-34 283 yards 4TD's 1 INT

4 Rushes 24 yards 1 TD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He threw for four TD's and one interception.

25-34 283 yards 4TD's 1 INT

4 Rushes 24 yards 1 TD

Well then my fantasy team is wrong. they gave him 2 INT last night on ESPN fantasy

They have him at 295 yards with 2 INT and 2 TD on ESPN fantasy football

According to ESPN.com

10/1
vs
image.png.8f7d79d008643f4f24ed0e20717cea67.png

Profootballreference also has him throwing for 2 INT last night

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well then my fantasy team is wrong. they gave him 2 INT last night on ESPN fantasy

They have him at 295 yards with 2 INT and 2 TD on ESPN fantasy football

According to ESPN.com

10/1
vs
image.png.8f7d79d008643f4f24ed0e20717cea67.png

Profootballreference also has him throwing for 2 INT last night

N/M

Didn't see that you were talking about WIlson

WIlson really threw for one last night. The other one was the TE's fault.

Russell WIlson isn't being stopped, the lack of an offensive line for Seattle gives him no running game and makes him run for his life all game long. They also have mediocre WR's(Lots of money on the defensive side of the field)

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Russell WIlson isn't being stopped, the lack of an offensive line for Seattle gives him no running game and makes him run for his life all game long. They also have mediocre WR's(Lots of money on the defensive side of the field)

Yes the whole team is set up around the defense i agree. 

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I'm taking Russell Wilson over every qb in his draft class.  Andrew Luck is still getting all they hype but is a real turnover machine and now has a shoulder problem.

I'll take the wait and see approach on Watson but it's relieving to see the Houston Texans receivers with someone who can actually get them the ball.  

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I'm taking Russell Wilson over every qb in his draft class.  Andrew Luck is still getting all they hype but is a real turnover machine and now has a shoulder problem.

I'll take the wait and see approach on Watson but it's relieving to see the Houston Texans receivers with someone who can actually get them the ball.  

Lucks team is crumbling around him. Its not on him. If luck had what Manning had when he was in Indy it would be a different story. Wayne Harrison Clark and a decent to good running game is not in Indy anymore

14 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The NFL talent around Watson was eye popping 

14 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lamar Jackson was the only UL player on the 1st team All-ACC

Clemson had a receiver, tight end, tackle, guard and center!!!

just on the 1st team.

12 hours ago, steeler01 said:

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

By nolebull813's rationale, the likes of Joe Montana, John Elway and Peyton Manning weren't as good the mid-tier QB's of their era because they all had great talent around them. I mean, how many HOF's did all those guys play with?? Hell, Montana played with the player many consider to be the best of all time (Rice) and one of the top defensive players of the modern era (Lott).  Yet very few, if anyone, rates Archie Manning or Dan Fouts above him because they played with inferior talent.

I find it strange that in the NFL, the players with the most SB rings are consistently lauded as the greatest (despite being on great teams with lots of great players) yet when it comes to the college game having a ton of talent around you is somehow a negative that overrates a player.

Great players sometimes play on great teams. Other times they play on mediocre or bad teams. It is what it is. If you can connect dots and read between the lines, it's fairly easy to spot a great player regardless of the situation they happen to be in.

DeShaun Watson was a great college player. Interceptions aside, I think he proved himself last season if he hadn't already. Will he be a great or even good one in the NFL?? We'll see. But he's off to a pretty good start. I personally like his chances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

You have got that right!... Dan Fouts is among the  most underappreciated super quarterbacks of all time.

Fouts has a lot in common with Dan Marino in that they really never played on an all-around team. Defense and special teams were usually deficient. Fouts was surrounded by some tremendous receivers (Jefferson, Winslow, Joiner, Chandler) and even played with some pretty good RB's. But they just couldn't ever get over the hump with the defense.

The one real chance I thought they had was in '81, but the toll of the OT divisional game against the Dolphins in the humidity then the -59 wind chill game in Cincinnati was just too much to overcome. Had that team got to the SB, I think they would have posed a much more difficult challenge to the 49ers.

Marino's best chance was probably in 1985, but they got upset by the Patriots in the championship game -- at home. Had they reached the SB, they would have faced the same infamous Bears team they had beaten 8 weeks earlier. Not sure they would have won again, but they had a better shot than anyone else. Certainly better than New England had. Marino's quick decision making and release was just a poor matchup for the Bears 46 defense. It would have come down to whether the Dolphins defense could have slowed Payton and the Bears offense enough to outscore them again. The 1st game, McMahon wasn't at 100% and didn't even start.

Regardless, both Fouts and Marino were all-time greats that are underappreciated simply because they weren't fortunate enough to play on a team good enough to win a SB.

The first 4 games of an NFL career is hardly enough time to draw definitive conclusions. DeShaun Watson was an excellent college quarterback like many before him. Strong arm, fast, mobile, athletic, and solid leadership skills being just some of his on the the field assets. Many of these pluses translate nicely to the NFL game. Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater had these same qualities. But a freak injury has derailed his promising future. Jamus Winston is off to a pretty good start in his career. But it's way early for blanket statements. Time has a way of answering these things. If DeShaun is still playing in a few seasons we'll have an abundance of numbers to throw at each other while debating his NFL effectiveness. Just my opinion.  

On 9/24/2017 at 3:54 PM, steeler01 said:

Patriots also have no defense. 

They didn't have any fricking D LAST year! The Falcons just scored so quickly, they went on cruise control, and lost MO after halftime! And having played some 80 plays by the third quarter, the D was gassed!

MUST SEE TV is when Mattie Ice and JULIO, go to NEW England!