DeShaun Watson

steeler01

13 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Not exactly, as you can take out the tuck rule game and the gifts Seattle and Atlanta bestowed upon them -- which equates to 3 Superbowls they easily might not have had. I also recall a playoff game against San Diego where Brady threw a game ending INT except that the DB didn't go to the ground and was stripped by Troy Brown. Not sure if that was a season they got to the SB or not (too lazy to look it up), but it still another example of the opposition losing their head.

I don't think one could realistically argue that the Patriots have had more bad luck than good. It's been quite the opposite, and not evening out. In short, trade off the plays you mentioned and the ones I mentioned and it's not gonna be in their favor.

It always comes back to the tuck rule - let it go.

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

Let it go, indeed!

The tuck rule was a legit part of football at the time.

It wasn't some Patriots-cheated made up bullshit.

Any team in the league would have gladly been on the good side of a tuck rule call.

You want to talk about real bullshit, how about the Raiders batting a fumble forward for forty yards, into the end zone, and falling on it for a touchdown?  That was probably ok with everyone.

9 hours ago, Bormio said:

Hey, I'm not a Raiders fan. Far from it. So there's nothing for me to let go. I just objectively saw it for what it was, just like millions of others. Same goes for the Dez Bryant catch against GB in the playoffs. I was rooting for the Packers in that game since I don't particularly care for the Cowboys. Disliking a team doesn't prevent me from recognizing BS when I see it.

BTW, I always enjoy debating with you, Bormio. :D

7 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Let it go, indeed!

The tuck rule was a legit part of football at the time.

Doesn't matter. It still was a BS lucky turn of events. That got excused by a bogus rule. Anyone that knew football felt it was a fumble and that Brady wasn't going to throw it. Just like Dez Bryant's catch. 95% of people that watched that play (that weren't homer Packers fans) felt and still feel that it was a catch. The NFL not knowing it's head from it's ass doesn't mean the outcome was correct. To me, it's akin to GGG getting hosed in the fight a few weekends ago. Anyone that knows the sport knows who really won even of the books don't reflect it. Same logic applies here. It's easy to dismiss what I'm saying by suggesting I have something invested and need to get over it. I'm not a fan of any of the parties in question. I'm not even a GGG fan.

It's funny to me that so many can see the corruption and ridiculousness in boxing, but can't see it in other sports, specifically the NFL and NBA. Hell, they can't even get obvious replays right half the time. They're either corrupt or incompetent. Either way, it means the team that really won sometimes doesn't. There's nothing wrong admitting that.

The thing that bothered me most about that play is I'd seen it interpreted and ruled the exact opposite way on more than one occasion in previous seasons.

It matters to me.  What bothers me is that people think there's some secret conspiracy to benefit the Patriots.

If the rule is bad, get rid of it.  That's what eventually happened.  I happen to think it was a stupid rule.

I understand your feelings, but you're talking to the wrong guy if you think I'm going to lose any sleep over a questionable play going in favor of the Patriots.

They were on the other side of so many crap calls in the past that I've lost track.

The one that always comes to mind is that phantom roughing the passer call on Ray Hamilton in the 1976 playoffs.  Thank you Ben Dreith.

That cost the Patriots a possible Super Bowl appearance.

6 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

It matters to me.  What bothers me is that people think there's some secret conspiracy to benefit the Patriots.

If the rule is bad, get rid of it.  That's what eventually happened.  I happen to think it was a stupid rule.

I understand your feelings, but you're talking to the wrong guy if you think I'm going to lose any sleep over a questionable play going in favor of the Patriots.

They were on the other side of so many crap calls in the past that I've lost track.

The one that always comes to mind is that phantom roughing the passer call on Ray Hamilton in the 1976 playoffs.  Thank you Ben Dreith.

There were a whole slew of awful calls and non-calls in that game.  I always viewed the tuck rule as justice 25 years delayed.

Raider fans being salty about it I understand.  The others that go back to it - they just hate "Touchdown Tommy".

6 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

There were a whole slew of awful calls and non-calls in that game.  I always viewed the tuck rule as justice 25 years delayed.

Raider fans being salty about it I understand.  The others that go back to it - they just hate "Touchdown Tommy".

On 9/26/2017 at 9:08 AM, Wosinc said:

Isnt it common knowledge that everyone outside of Boston,NH and Rhode Island hates the Patriots... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steeler01 said:

He was robbed of the Heisman last year

No way. He had 17 interceptions and he had a way better team around him. He was a good system player and did what was needed to help add to the team being elite. 

But LJ had 3500 passing 30 TDs on top of 1500 rushing and 21 TDs on an inferior team without current and future NFL players all around him on the offensive side of the ball. 

The NFL talent around Watson was eye popping 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

No way. He had 17 interceptions and he had a way better team around him. He was a good system player and did what was needed to help add to the team being elite. 

But LJ had 3500 passing 30 TDs on top of 1500 rushing and 21 TDs on an inferior team without current and future NFL players all around him on the offensive side of the ball. 

The NFL talent around Watson was eye popping 

Most ridiculous thing ever. A good system player doesn't do game winning drives again and again, and against one of College football best defenses of all time. How'd all that NFL talent on Bama look against him in the NC game?

LJ was a stat whore against the bad teams, and solid to good against the better teams(Against LSU who he couldn't just outrun he sucked). LJ won the Heisman by putting big numbers on Charlotte, Marshall, Syracuse, and a mediocre Florida State defense. 

Really?

A 1st round WR(Only had him last year not in 2015)

A 4th round TE

A 5th round HB

Deon Cain is projected to go in the 2 or 3rd round at best(Didn't play against Bama in the Championship in the 2016 playoff)

So against Bama the 1st time, he had a 4th round TE and a 5th round HB, but destroyed that defense. Yea, it was the NFL talent.

If LJ was from anywhere else, but Florida, you wouldn't be biased(Which is lame), and would be honest and say who deserved it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lamar Jackson was the only UL player on the 1st team All-ACC

Clemson had a receiver, tight end, tackle, guard and center!!!

just on the 1st team. 

Not even a debate 

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Watson was the best player in College football last season, LJ was the most valuable to his team. That's the difference

38 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Watson was the best player in College football last season, LJ was the most valuable to his team. That's the difference

Watson had the best supporting cast in college football. 

LJ had to carry the team. He ran for so many yards because the line would constantly break down and he was running for his life. It wasn't because he didn't like passing. He threw for 3500 yards. 

And he had a better game in the head to head matchup vs Watson. Clemson just had the better defense and team. 

Watson threw 3 picks in a LOSS to Pitt!! Lol. He threw 3 picks vs Louisville. 2 picks vs Troy. 2 picks vs Ohio State

he was a turnover machine. He had twice as many turnovers as LJ. 

Hands down LJ should have won 

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Watson had the best supporting cast in college football. 

Even if he did, he performed.

LJ had to carry the team. He ran for so many yards because the line would constantly break down and he was running for his life. It wasn't because he didn't like passing. He threw for 3500 yards. 

He threw for 1475 yards against Marshall, Syracuse, Virginia and Charlotte, and 2000 yards against the other 9 teams(So he averaged 220 yards against everyone not named Charlotte, Marshall, Syracuse and Virginia)

That's 4 of the worst College football teams last year.

And he had a better game in the head to head matchup vs Watson. Clemson just had the better defense and team. 

No he didn't. Had Leggett not fumbled at the Louisville 1, Watson would've thrown for 400+ yards, probably run for another or thrown for another and rushed for 91 yards 1td and led Clemson on the game winning drive. 

Where as LJ had a very good game when Clemson like they did all of last season went in to let the other team catch up mode.

Watson threw 3 picks in a LOSS to Pitt!! Lol. He threw 3 picks vs Louisville. 2 picks vs Troy. 2 picks vs Ohio State

42 points vs Pitt

42 points vs Louisville

30 points vs Troy

31 points vs OSU

he was a turnover machine. He had twice as many turnovers as LJ. 

That's cause LJ didn't throw the ball, other than screens and quick hitters. How'd that work out for him against LSU?

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Isnt it common knowledge that everyone outside of Boston,NH and Rhode Island hates the Patriots... 

Probably.  When they were bumbling losers people didn't hate them.

If they continue to perform like this past Sunday people may start to like them better.

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i think we can all agree on this......Its his rookie year. RG3 had a good rookie year winning ROY awards. Its what you do after that when the league adjusts to you. Lets not get overhyped on him. Hes doing well yes but lets see how long it lasts

But the difference is Watson can sit in the pocket and throw the ball. RGIII was using the read option mainly, once he got injured, that part of his game was gone. 

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

But the difference is Watson can sit in the pocket and throw the ball. RGIII was using the read option mainly, once he got injured, that part of his game was gone. 

Yes i understand that. Maybe RG3 wasnt the perfect example but im just saying its Watsons rookie year with no NFL gamefilm on him. If he does this for a 10 year or so career then yea hes got the goods. But itll be interesting to see the adjustments the NFL makes to him. The kid is talented and has an arm without a doubt. But nobody should be shining off his bust to Canton just yet lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes i understand that. Maybe RG3 wasnt the perfect example but im just saying its Watsons rookie year with no NFL gamefilm on him. If he does this for a 10 year or so career then yea hes got the goods. But itll be interesting to see the adjustments the NFL makes to him. The kid is talented and has an arm without a doubt. But nobody should be shining off his bust to Canton just yet lol

The NFL has plenty of game film on him. It's hard to stop a guy that can scramble and make people miss in the backfield(Like Wilson), and throw the ball in the pocket. 

Watson is very similar to Donovan McNabb, but a better pocket passer IMO.