PrepGridiron

27 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Wait... what?  At best, I would have M-A at #4 in the CCS behind Valley Christian, Serra, and St. Francis.

My bad...I didn't quite understand the new format of the CCS. I assumed Open, I in the CCS fielded the best teams regardless of size (in the past, teams have been able to play up). That said, I'm still impressed with M-A and their two shut outs to close out the Open, I. 

7 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

My bad...I didn't quite understand the new format of the CCS. I assumed Open, I in the CCS fielded the best teams regardless of size (in the past, teams have been able to play up). That said, I'm still impressed with M-A and their two shut outs to close out the Open, I. 

True, the Bears did have a nice playoff run.  The shutout of both Bellarmine and Milpitas do say a lot!

The CCS has 3 open divisions now, so both Serra and VC were also, technically, "Open champions".  The reasons why there are 3 are complicated, but they do sort of make sense in the end, based on the CCS landscape.

9 minutes ago, old_e said:

M-A is no Sierra Canyon. Sierra Canyon also held LA high to 6 points which says alot about their defense.

The LA City Section was terrible this year.  Narbonne was solid, LA was good, Hawkins was overrated, and the rest was mediocre to very, very bad.

Sierra Canyon needed triple overtime to beat Redondo in the playoffs.  Double OT to beat Corona Del Mar.  I'm not sure they are the world-beaters you think they are.

48 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

The LA City Section was terrible this year.  Narbonne was solid, LA was good, Hawkins was overrated, and the rest was mediocre to very, very bad.

Sierra Canyon needed triple overtime to beat Redondo in the playoffs.  Double OT to beat Corona Del Mar.  I'm not sure they are the world-beaters you think they are.

Not world beaters but a good football team. 

Calpreps has 5 games as absolute toss-ups (prediction only 1 point):

Cathedral Catholic 34-33 over St. Mary's

Serra 35-34 over Sierra Vista

Menlo-Atherton 28-27 over Paraclete

Bishop's 28-27 over Oakdale

Pleasant Valley 27-26 over St. Anthony

5 other games called within 10 points.

Biggest predicted MoV:

St. John Bosco 35-14 over DLS.