PrepGridiron

49 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Sierra Canyon vs Serra is a game I would like to see.Sierra Canyon has some talent and I know Serra will battle

Serra looked good last night.  Their QB is a legit HS player, and proved to be the separation they needed in the 2nd half.  

All in all, a very good performance by Serra on a 4 hour travel day in the middle of a pretty big storm.

33 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Valley Christian vs Madison SD this Friday night in Sac town. Been watching film with my son of the Calabasas game. Going to be a great game.

If Madison gets down it won't be a problem for them.Came back 4 TD on St.Augustine and 19 in the 4th quarter on Calabasas lol

2 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

I was surprised how close Sierra canyons play in game was. Serra struggled early on, but I think they are playing their best football. Game is like to see as well. WCAL has two teams still playing. 

Wasn't surprised,Los Angeles high is very talented them and Hawkins have been the best teams in the Coliseum league the last two years ahead of Dorsey and Crenshaw.They played Narbonne to a ten point game this year.They need better coaching 

13 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Valley Christian vs Madison SD this Friday night in Sac town. Been watching film with my son of the Calabasas game. Going to be a great game.

I watched a replay of the Madison/Calabasas game.  Would love to get your take on the Coyotes.  I definitely have a strong one.

13 hours ago, Ararar said:

If Madison gets down it won't be a problem for them.Came back 4 TD on St.Augustine and 19 in the 4th quarter on Calabasas lol

Did you see the Calabasas game?  They lost because their coach is an idiot.  No running game.  Literally, no running game.  I'm not even sure if they have an RB listed on the team.  Only runs were 2 QB sneaks and maybe 2 QB draws.  Up 19 in the 4th quarter and they just kept on throwing.  Completely blew the game because they couldn't manage the clock.

13 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Can some of the SD posters on here give me the 411 on Madison? I think old e is from down that way.

I only saw the game against Calabasas, but my impressions were that they are very quick, especially their QB and RB.  Their QB seemed to make a few bad decisions at times.  VC will have to both contain and get pressure at the same time.  Couldn't really tell how physical they were since the Coyotes never ran the ball.

I've seen a few CIF bowl games like this.  The SoCal team is far more athletic, but the NorCal team sort of lulls them to sleep with a consistent run game and defense.  What VC needs to do is to avoid the turnover that awakens the SoCal team like happened in just about all of the other games.

7 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Did you see the Calabasas game?  They lost because their coach is an idiot.  No running game.  Literally, no running game.  I'm not even sure if they have an RB listed on the team.  Only runs were 2 QB sneaks and maybe 2 QB draws.  Up 19 in the 4th quarter and they just kept on throwing.  Completely blew the game because they couldn't manage the clock.

Yes I saw the game.Calabasas 556 yards passing 23 rushing.Ran it 4 times.Coach literally let Madison back in it.That doesn't explain their comeback in the section game vs St.Augustine though 

7 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I only saw the game against Calabasas, but my impressions were that they are very quick, especially their QB and RB.  Their QB seemed to make a few bad decisions at times.  VC will have to both contain and get pressure at the same time.  Couldn't really tell how physical they were since the Coyotes never ran the ball.

I've seen a few CIF bowl games like this.  The SoCal team is far more athletic, but the NorCal team sort of lulls them to sleep with a consistent run game and defense.  What VC needs to do is to avoid the turnover that awakens the SoCal team like happened in just about all of the other games.

Great take. Yeah Clausen killed them with his play calling and Madison took advantage. They mos Def look fast on tape. Very athletic. From what I can tell VC has the size up front that will lean on them all game and wear them down by the 4th quarter. If Miles has another game like last week I can see VC winning by 10 or more. Just wondering how the weather holds up to see if there will be any passing game. Can't wait for the bowl games.

6 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Yes I saw the game.Calabasas 556 yards passing 23 rushing.Ran it 4 times.Coach literally let Madison back in it.That doesn't explain their comeback in the section game vs St.Augustine though 

St. Augustine just wasn't that good.  In order to meet Madison in the SDS D-I finals, they had to beat teams with a combined record of 11-13.  Holy watered-down playoffs, Batman!

They also only beat 2-9 Eastlake (note: 11 games, which means they made the D-I playoffs in the San Diego Section... and only lost by 2 in their playoff game) by 12 and gave up 56 to Madison in a regular season game.