Week 5 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, Footballfan1212 said:

I was mostly just arguing against St. X being moved to Tier 3. That may be a relevant win, but I don't think its more relevant than beating Colerain or Moeller.

X and Eds are close.  Tier 2 has some great teams.  Just don't see evidence of X or Eds staying within 10 of those current Tier 2 teams, YET This could change and probably will

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 -   IMG,  Mater Dei,  Allen,   ......... SJB, STA

Tier 2 - Ben Davis, Bingham, DLS, Grayson, Lowndes, Katy, SJC, DeMatha, AHP, Desoto, Central, BG, Klein Collins, Manvel, Judson, St. Louis, Cen10, SFA

Tier 3 - Chaminade, St. Louis, East, Northwestern , Santa Margarita, JSerra, Servite,  Poly, Iggy, Viera, Mountain Point, Byrnes, Hoover, Upland, John Curtis, The Woodlands,  SPP,  Union, SJR, Archer, Hoover,  South Point, OLU, De Paul,  Cocoa, SJP, St. Eds, St. X, Mission Viejo,

Tier 4 -   Collquitt County,  Rome, Paramus Catholic, Archbishop Wood, Evangel Christian, Cartersville, Buford, Walton, Bergen Catholic, Arch Bishop Wood, Kahuku

Tier 5 - Folsom, Narbonne, Don Bosco, Aledo , Colerain + about 200 other teams

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Tier 1 teams can compete with any other Tier 1teams and possibly win 1+ of 10

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough games to gauge properly yet

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

So...Your Little Darling (Cal Preps)...#24 Team...Louisville Trinity...Is Dropped Completely off your tier list...Seems like a LEGIT List...NOT!!!

B|

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 3

Yet...They have more Top 305 wins at this point in the season...Per Cal-Preps...With 4...Than any other Team in the Cal-Preps Top 25...And they have ZERO Losses...And two teams ahead of them, #22 Pulaski County Arkansas, and #23 Lowndes Valdosta Georgia have Z-E-R-O Top 305 wins...Yep...I can see why Cal-Preps and your Tier List is a source for all to admire...N-O-T!!!

:/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, American Male said:

Yet...They have more Top 305 wins at this point in the season...Per Cal-Preps...With 4...Than any other Team in the Cal-Preps Top 25...And they have ZERO Losses...And two teams ahead of them, #22 Pulaski County Arkansas, and #23 Lowndes Valdosta Georgia have Z-E-R-O Top 305 wins...Yep...I can see why Cal-Preps and your Tier List is a source for all to admire...N-O-T!!!

:/

Except Trinity only squeaked by Warren Central by 1 point, while Ben Davis beat them by 30.  But you want me to put them on the same tier as Ben Davis......ok.

Trinity also eeked by Moeller by only 8 points, while Tier 3  St. X beat Moeller by 23.  Now that I  look closer, Maybe Trinity should be on a tier below St. X....hmmmmm

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Not sure how solid IMG is in Tier 1 either.  

Only things saving them are Cen10 QB going out early and Irma affecting two important games to gauge them on

The thing about IMG is not a single Tier 1 -2  team has beat them in the regular season. They win ugly... a lot. Why? Usually ugly games are born from even match ups. How often has a pretty team move up in rankings after ALMOST winning a  pretty game?  

By The Way, Viera is stout, their conditioning has improved by double compared to previous years. There is a reason they went to DC and beat a decent Gonzaga team 21 - 6. Viera is very good on defense and is excellent at the pass rush. Brandon Mays is unstoppable, he is as good as Reggie Nelson was for Palm Bay. Don't let that loss to Cocoa fool you. Viera also has a Tier 3 level passing game. Viera's QB is accurate and mobile, I would give him 3 and 1/2 Stars. If they had 2' 3 star receivers, and a 2-3 star RB, the Hawks could move into tier 2 level territory. I'm willing to bet right now that they meet STA again in the championship and play a much better game than they did 2 years ago.

Cocoa will most likely go undefeated and play Booker T Washington again in Miami for the regional finals where the championship will be decided. To bad they don't move Cocoa to 4A north.

Wish Cartersville or Rome would come down to Brevard and play Cocoa . That's the best way to prove statements.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The thing about IMG is not a single Tier 1 -2  team has beat them in the regular season. They win ugly... a lot. Why? Usually ugly games are born from even match ups. How often has a pretty team move up in rankings after ALMOST winning a  pretty game?  

By The Way, Viera is stout, their conditioning has improved by double compared to previous years. There is a reason they went to DC and beat a decent Gonzaga team 21 - 6. Viera is very good on defense and is excellent at the pass rush. Brandon Mays is unstoppable, he is as good as Reggie Nelson was for Palm Bay. Don't let that loss to Cocoa fool you. Viera also has a Tier 3 level passing game. Viera's QB is accurate and mobile, I would give him 3 and 1/2 Stars. If they had 2 3 star receivers the Hawks could move into tier 2 level territory. I'm willing to bet right now that they meet STA again in the championship and play a much better game than they did 2 years ago.

Cocoa will most likely go undefeated and play Booker T Washington again in Miami for the regional finals where the championship will be decided. To bad they don't move Cocoa to 4A north.

Wish Cartersville or Rome would come down to Brevard and play Cocoa . That's the best way to prove statements.

Vierra is Tier 3 at this point

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

I agree. My point was they could be tier 2 if they had a better running game and another decent WR or TE. But they are tier 3 and that's finale... lol.

If If and But's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a wonderful Christmas.

Tier 2 is shaping up to be a very elite group of teams. Getting to tier 2 is laudable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Do you think Rome would beat Archer and Buford? If so, why?  Honest question 

Rome beat Buford last year 16-7 in the 5A State title game. And Rome returned a lot from that team. Yes, I think Rome would beat Buford... theres a high probability theyll meet in the playoffs unless Stockbridge, Carrollton, or Warner Robins upsets one of them before they meet... so we will get to see if they can do it again. Buford does have a new HC, so this isnt the same Buford, it may go a different way... but today Id take Rome 24-17 or 28-21 ... something like that.

As far as Archer... idk, Im higher on Archer than probably everyone... Im just keeping quiet about it til they play Grayson on Oct. 13th. Im really not sure about that one.

24 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Rome beat Buford last year 16-7 in the 5A State title game. And Rome returned a lot from that team. Yes, I think Rome would beat Buford... theres a high probability theyll meet in the playoffs unless Stockbridge, Carrollton, or Warner Robins upsets one of them before they meet... so we will get to see if they can do it again. Buford does have a new HC, so this isnt the same Buford, it may go a different way... but today Id take Rome 24-17 or 28-21 ... something like that.

As far as Archer... idk, Im higher on Archer than probably everyone... Im just keeping quiet about it til they play Grayson on Oct. 13th. Im really not sure about that one.

Ok moving Vierra and Cocoa down to tier 4