DBP vs DPC

Zipcep

The Bosco franchise is over .

Toal laid the foundation for great Nj football his college type program has paved the way for all to follow , however his ego and un willingness to change started the un doing of DBP greatness. the biggest reasons was first letting peppers get away , his boring offense which never attracted big time wrs , Bringing in and playing and sticking with that cancer Wes mckoy , (which led to grantell leaving) , and then compounding it by bringing in the Sweeneys  who played a huge role in him being fired ( oh the irony ) the line coach is a fraud . Its not Teels fault they simply don't have the skill players except berger and courteny . forward to next year they lose there entire O line and d line so even if the qb gets better he is going to run for his life so next year they will stink again, couple that with the non talented freshman class plus there in ability to land transfers with there high tuition cost and father Jim it all spells good night nurse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NJ2015 said:

Oh ok.  We can't talk about 2016 or 2017 without talking about the past or knowing the future.  I don't think anyone is disputing GT's coaching chops. He was and still is the measuring standard.  But even he stopped winning championships every year when less and less talent was coming to and staying at Bosco. I didn't want him to leave.  But in a weird way, he probably got out at the right time as the next few years will be rough at Bosco and probably would have been below his own standard had he stayed. The cupboard is pretty bare

It sure does look like that. 

5 hours ago, taojoe said:

He said, his text voice dripping with sarcasm.  So you don't like the word innovative?  How about up-to-date on current coaching best practices?  5+ years ago, Partridge had computers on the sidelines during games and practices giving him video of what had just happened on the field.  Think Toal would have ever had that, or if one of his assistants did, that he would have paid any attention to it?  Doubtful IMO.

I will give you credit because you stated your case about Toal along time ago. But what gets me is all the naysayers who had nothing but great things to say about Toal when he was winning now all of a sudden they find all these bullshit excuses why he's not a good coach anymore. I'm sorry I'm not buying it. The backstabbers wanted Toal gone you got it. Best of luck with Teel and company. I hope things improve because they are head down the wrong road after 4 games IMO. 

12 minutes ago, truth b told said:

Toal laid the foundation for great Nj football his college type program has paved the way for all to follow , however his ego and un willingness to change started the un doing of DBP greatness. the biggest reasons was first letting peppers get away , his boring offense which never attracted big time wrs , Bringing in and playing and sticking with that cancer Wes mckoy , (which led to grantell leaving) , and then compounding it by bringing in the Sweeneys  who played a huge role in him being fired ( oh the irony ) the line coach is a fraud . Its not Teels fault they simply don't have the skill players except berger and courteny . forward to next year they lose there entire O line and d line so even if the qb gets better he is going to run for his life so next year they will stink again, couple that with the non talented freshman class plus there in ability to land transfers with there high tuition cost and father Jim it all spells good night nurse.

I bet Sweeney is the next coach and just who is head of TD club? Interesting.

40 minutes ago, truth b told said:

Fair take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2017 at 8:39 AM, NJ2015 said:

Hell he had the same record at this time last year and that included a home loss to a bad Moeller team.  Not sure the record would be much different than it is now.  Maybe the team doesn't collapse against Byrnes.  I'll give him that.  But is this product 4 games in much worse than the 2016 edition that got blown out at AHP and SJP and lost at home to Moeller, all with a senior QB considered best in the division?  Heuser has made it more difficult to bring in Football only students and eliminated the 8th grade hold back in2015.  You have been seeing the impact the last 2 years 

This is bullsh*t Bosco's best player is a hold back and they attempted to admit another this summer who was far from an academic brighspot unfortunately the kid was poached. There is no moral school in the BNU! What you witness is school A pointing fingers at school B because school B sins differently than school A. The program is struggling because the program is struggling! No excuses. Most programs have a down period and bosco is not exempt from that. Sometimes its best to accept reality and start from scratch to rebuild. Go back to playing publics or lesser competition, have some success, and build it back up brick by brick. There is nothing wrong with that. Bosco lost to DePaul because depaul is more talented. Thats it and thats all! SJR lost to SJC because SJC was better than them. PC lost to Depaul because Depaul was better. I dont want to hear about the hold back because ALL BNU teams have them. Kids are always looking for the next "wave". It was bosco, then it was PC, now it may be DePaul. Simple

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

How did he let Peppers beat away ??? Peppers wanted "a more diverse school"  _He wanted to be around more blacks and less, "preppy"...Explain how is ego and no change ????  Change WHAT !!!! The best record,best teams ?????  McCoy,bad...Sweeney father,bad guy IMO... There you have something I agree with.. You never mentioned the root cause which was Heuser and his jealouusness towards Toal and his disdain for powerful football.. So, I agree with you on two points and there is more which I will not put out on this forum.. Granatell has done  nothing for SHP, if he's there,but did very well at Bosco..

Not trying to argue with you but i really have to ask. Who told you what peppers wanted? Have you ever tried contacting him and asking him why he wanted to leave bosco? He is very respectful and will tell you with examples why he wanted out. Color or diversity definitely wasn't the issue.  Im going to search for one of the incidents he points to and post it. Give me a sec. Its so small everyone overlooks it but it was huge when you imagine how he must have felt at that moment.

• Like 1