International School of ... What?

NotBigdaddybloom

1 minute ago, Champa said:

Why doesn't this team find schools of similar size and talent to play if they want to go out of state? Maybe a 1a or 2a Georgia school. Hell send them to Texas to play Brock or somebody like that.

They should just stay in the damn locker room. Unless, of course, this all part of the coaches master plan for the biggest comeback ever. Yeah, I'm sure that's got to be it. They've got them right where they want them. Grayson's confidence will be their downfall in the second half. I'm sure that's what the coach was wanting.

I expect ISB to come out slinging the football all over the field.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

9How high does Grayson's scoreboard go? Does it roll over at 99?

I remember when ISB came to Moultrie, I ended up feeling kinda dirty watching the game. It was bad. I hope we never have sit through something like that again. xD

I thought Colquitt only scheduled them to guarantee they don't go winless! 

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Why?  I don't get it?  Why would you schedule a team this bad?  I can see why the other coach does it as he is trying to get exposure but established larger schools?  Embarrassing. 

You've been told several times but refuse to believe it so why should we bother again?

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It's historically embarrassing. I have never in my life ever heard of teams like all the Georgia powers scheduling a JV team like this. 

Teams schedule gimme games but this is borderline a safety concern. ISB would get beat down by big schools 2nd and 3rd teams. 

I don't know what else to say. I'm at a loss of words 

Isb took a running clock at hands of Suwannee 2 years ago 

Suwannee!!

A team who hadn't been a real threat in like 20 years

On 9/22/2017 at 2:37 PM, Nolebull813 said:

What don't you clowns understand? These teams don't make money by traveling. 

its at least $5-6K just for a charter bus. Plus hotels for 2 nights and meals. That money is gone. 

You need to make better deals.  3 grand for 2 buses plus 2 15 passenger vans to take us to Shreveport and back with stops along the way.

Funny that you now complain about the money being gone and how expensive it is but give us a hard time for not scheduling teams thousands of miles away.

Double standards much?

On 9/22/2017 at 8:06 PM, AztecPadre said:
On 9/22/2017 at 8:05 PM, Nolebull813 said:

It's historically embarrassing. I have never in my life ever heard of teams like all the Georgia powers scheduling a JV team like this. 

Teams scheudle gimme games but this is borderline a safety concern. ISB would get beat down by big schools 2nd and 3rd teams. 

I don't know what else to say. I'm at a loss of words 

I am all for scheduling some lesser teams like during homecoming or in between a tough stretch but ISB?  You may as well scrimmage each other.  You would get a more competitive game.  

Well, if those Florida teams wouldn't be afraid to take a two year contract we wouldn't have to hunt as hard for a game.  The mighty Deerfield Beach didn't want to get whipped two years in a row and wouldn't sign a contract for the second year.  That's a fact and not speculation unlike what most of you post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

You need to make better deals.  3 grand for 2 buses plus 2 15 passenger vans to take us to Shreveport and back with stops along the way.

Funny that you now complain about the money being gone and how expensive it is but give us a hard time for not scheduling teams thousands of miles away.

Double standards much?

2 differences

1 these Georgia schools have money as can be seen by these turf fields and fancy facilities and high coaching pay

2 Florida teams who don't even have close to money as these same Georgia schools travel across the country 

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Well, if those Florida teams wouldn't be afraid to take a two year contract we wouldn't have to hunt as hard for a game.  The mighty Deerfield Beach didn't want to get whipped two years in a row and wouldn't sign a contract for the second year.  That's a fact and not speculation unlike what most of you post.

So Grayson should look into a home and home with someone like AHP or sta 

Have they reached out to them

Or if they prefer a public school then Miami Central or Miami Northwestern could be solid option

Have they reached out to either of them? 

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

2 differences

1 these Georgia schools have money as can be seen by these turf fields and fancy facilities and high coaching pay

2 Florida teams who don't even have close to money as these same Georgia schools travel across the country 

You show your ignorance by over simplifying and assuming all Georgia teams are the same.  I speak for no one but Grayson and I can assure you we don't have those kind of facilities nor do we pay that kind of money.  I think we field something like 17 teams in the various sports between boys and girls teams and the money we have has a long way to stretch.  Do some more research before you assume too much.  The Gwinnett County School System is the 13th largest in the nation with 180,000+ students this year.  We have 18 football playing schools and 4 non football playing major schools.  This doesn't even take into account all the privates sucking up players and support dollars.  I don't remember off the top of my head the exact percentage but over 50% of our students qualify for free or reduced lunch.

Things aren't always as they seem.

14 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So Grayson should look into a home and home with someone like AHP or sta 

Have they reached out to them

Or if they prefer a public school then Miami Central or Miami Northwestern could be solid option

Have they reached out to either of them? 

I don't know how for sure we have reached out to.  I know we have tried to set up some home and home contracts but nothing seems to come through.  We've played MC before.  The outcome wasn't pleasant for them and I don't know that they want to come back.

Besides, Florida is a border state and won't satisfy your demand we go across country.

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

I don't know how for sure we have reached out to.  I know we have tried to set up some home and home contracts but nothing seems to come through.  We've played MC before.  The outcome wasn't pleasant for them and I don't know that they want to come back.

Besides, Florida is a border state and won't satisfy your demand we go across country.

It's a start 

Florida didn't just wake up one day and start playing teams on west coast they worked outward over time

15 minutes ago, Fred said:

You show your ignorance by over simplifying and assuming all Georgia teams are the same.  I speak for no one but Grayson and I can assure you we don't have those kind of facilities nor do we pay that kind of money.  I think we field something like 17 teams in the various sports between boys and girls teams and the money we have has a long way to stretch.  Do some more research before you assume too much.  The Gwinnett County School System is the 13th largest in the nation with 180,000+ students this year.  We have 18 football playing schools and 4 non football playing major schools.  This doesn't even take into account all the privates sucking up players and support dollars.  I don't remember off the top of my head the exact percentage but over 50% of our students qualify for free or reduced lunch.

Things aren't always as they seem.

Lowndes does

Camden County does

Valdosta does 

I beilive colquitt does but can't confirm them like the other 3 i listed and these just one's off top of head 

Maybe not everyone is but there is a good number who do