Ohio Week 5 Discussion/Predictions

Coletrain06

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I wouldn't.  I watched a snippet of the X and Moe game this morning.  Moe was marching the ball down the field down 14 to 7 and making it look easy and then fumble.  Wheels came off after that.  Ohio is deep this year.

Fumbling is part of the game. Moe ended up with less than 200 yards of offense and had just 9 first downs.

McKenzie was 7/12 for a whopping 34 yards. While I feel awful for the young man, he and the rest of the Moe offense were owned for over 3 quarters. They were 0-10 on 3rd down for Pete's sake. If they had an offensive highlight lasting beyond the first quarter,  it was the running of Crystopher Watkins.

X's student section started chanting "where's your offense?" pretty early in the game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

What's the consensus X or Eds 1 in Ohio ? Go.... 

Let's see what X does with Elder this week. Eds takes a long road trip to play what looks to be a pretty good Naperville Central team. X has played the tougher schedule to date, and I give them the nod right now. Could change next week. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

And even after tonight's bullshit the Ohio

still had 3 teams in the top 25 in the country:

St X, St Eds, St Ignatius 

take note USA 😀 

It's all good !

And none of them rely on legions of transfers like you see on many - if not most - of the top national programs these days.

They know who they are.

• Like 3

My top teams would go like this today.

St. Edward

St. X

St. Ignatius

Winton Woods

Colerain 

La Salle

Hoban

Trotwood-Madison

Pickerington Central

Mentor

Centerville

Ed's or X could be #1. 

Iggy could drop, but I'll give them 1 pass since they still won and Elder does that to a lot of teams that come to the Pit

Winton Woods surprised me. Already knew they always have a very good defense.....but they have a good offense also with a QB who can throw the ball very well, which they usually lack and probably the best RB in the city.......but most importantly their special teams and discipline were the best I've seen from a Winton Woods team. Usually they're just like Glenville with tons of athletes and racking up penalties with very poor special teams...not the case with special teams. They could still use work with the discipline and penalties.

Colerain and La Salle could be swapped because of head to head, but at this point I don't think La Salle's offense has made much progress at all, while Colerain's offense has

Hoban is the reigning D3 champ who is now D2, has only lost a close game to Iggy.

Trotwood has tons of athletes, undefeated and knocked off Pick Central

Pick Central has to be under Trotwood at this point.

Mentor hard to gauge. could be higher, could be lower. 

Centerville would have to be next with 3 good wins and looking like one of their better teams in awhile.

After that theres a group of Moeller(without McBride), Elder, Wayne, Northmont, McKinley, Pick North, Hilliard Bradley, Whitmer, TCC, Fairfield, Sycamore, & Euclid

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

My top teams would go like this today.

St. Edward

St. X

St. Ignatius

Winton Woods

Colerain 

La Salle

Hoban

Trotwood-Madison

Pickerington Central

Mentor

Centerville

Ed's or X could be #1. 

Iggy could drop, but I'll give them 1 pass since they still won and Elder does that to a lot of teams that come to the Pit

Winton Woods surprised me. Already knew they always have a very good defense.....but they have a good offense also with a QB who can throw the ball very well, which they usually lack and probably the best RB in the city.......but most importantly their special teams and discipline were the best I've seen from a Winton Woods team. Usually they're just like Glenville with tons of athletes and racking up penalties with very poor special teams...not the case with special teams. They could still use work with the discipline and penalties.

Colerain and La Salle could be swapped because of head to head, but at this point I don't think La Salle's offense has made much progress at all, while Colerain's offense has

Hoban is the reigning D2 champ, has only lost a close game to Iggy.

Trotwood has tons of athletes, undefeated and knocked off Pick Central

Pick Central has to be under Trotwood at this point.

Mentor hard to gauge. could be higher, could be lower. 

Centerville would have to be next with 3 good wins and looking like one of their better teams in awhile.

After that theres a group of Moeller(without McBride), Elder, Wayne, Northmont, McKinley, Pick North, Hilliard Bradley, Whitmer, TCC, Fairfield, Sycamore.

I think you could add in Steubenville.  They play a good brand of football.

Good slate of games this week:

Ed's - Naperville Central: longest road trip of the year for a young Eagle team against a top 10 Illinois team

X - Elder: I don't give Elder much of a shot, but am more interested in the margin of victory for X for comparison purposes

Moe - LaSalle: let's see how McBride's replacement can fare against a stingy LaSalle defense 

Colerain - Mason: can the Colerain offense continue to build momentum against a solid Mason defense? 

Wayne - Centerville: I've been wondering two things: (1) is Centerville legit?; and (2) has Wayne regrouped after that embarrasing opening game loss to PR? This game will answer both questions. 

Pick Central - Gahanna Lincoln: a daisy chain game to see how Pick Central does against a team Elder just snuck by

Whitmer - TCC: battle for Toledo-area supremacy which should also give us an idea of how good Whitmer is or how TCC would stack up against D1 opponents 

• Thanks 1