Ohio Week 5 Discussion/Predictions

Coletrain06

10 hours ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

No idea who #6 is for SFDS but they rode him until he literally broke in the 2nd half.  At some point, you can't play LB and RB full time and not get run down.  He was limping bad and eventually got taken out of the game in the 4th.

As for Mayer, he is big, mobile and can sling it, no doubt.  He was definitely off tonight on his long ball as almost all of his completions went sideline to sideline.  He missed at least two WIDE OPEN receivers streaking down the field and on two other occasions, the ball was either dropped (#11 on a slant) or two receivers ran into each other (#11 and #13).

All that said, don't think SFDS had the depth and talent to beat CovCath.  The Colonels are the favorite to win 5A in KY this year.

-93CardinalsFan

No. 6 for SFDS is committed to Oklahoma RB/LB.  I think he's going to play LB.

27 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Elder took them to the end and had a serious chance to pull this game out

Interesting game. I felt like Ignatius controlled the trenches on both sides, but Elder would just not go away. I thought Ignatius got a couple bad calls against them down the stretch. Looked to me like Bobinski's elbow was down on that long run inside Elder's ten yard line, but they call it a fumble and Elder recovers. Ignatius would have scored there in the next few plays. Then on fourth and two on Elder's second to last drive the QB back was clearly stopped short, but scooted up after the whistle and they gave him the first. Elder would go on to score. That's a fourteen point swing.  Ultimately, the better team won.  Credit Elder for playing much better after getting stomped up north by Eds.  The Panthers always seem to have a shot in the Pit no matter who they play.

Things don't get much easier going forward for Elder with X, Moe, and WW the next three weeks.  They get Moe at home, and most likely without McBride. That could be a win. As for Ignatius, they play a Canadian team, GlenOak, and Moe the next three before finishing with X and Eds.  Wildcats should be undefeated heading into the Jesuit Bowl. 

20 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Interesting game. I felt like Ignatius controlled the trenches on both sides, but Elder would just not go away. I thought Ignatius got a couple bad calls against them down the stretch. Looked to me like Bobinski's elbow was down on that long run inside Elder's ten yard line, but they call it a fumble and Elder recovers. Ignatius would have scored there in the next few plays. Then on fourth and two on Elder's second to last drive the QB back was clearly stopped short, but scooted up after the whistle and they gave him the first. Elder would go on to score. That's a fourteen point swing.  Ultimately, the better team won.  Credit Elder for playing much better after getting stomped up north by Eds.  The Panthers always seem to have a shot in the Pit no matter who they play.

Things don't get much easier going forward for Elder with X, Moe, and WW the next three weeks.  They get Moe at home, and most likely without McBride. That could be a win. As for Ignatius, they play a Canadian team, GlenOak, and Moe the next three before finishing with X and Eds.  Wildcats should be undefeated heading into the Jesuit Bowl. 

Yep this phantom Pit calls

would be much worse at night with a full house 

Iggy has no idea what they escaped today

Wow what a weekend

winners and losers for the weekend:

ST X big victory solidifying 1 spot in South & state

Eds with a shut out this weekend takes over 1 in the North

Mentor rolls to 66-0

Losers:

Iggy wins barely over Elder 30-28 when week before played against Eds running clock - where are those AP voters having them # 1 my bet they won't change LOL

Stow- AP # 3 in D1 Ohio. 

Where are these guys?😆  

They lose to Wadsworth 41-28

Ohio fill in the blanks with central & south