Ohio Week 5 Discussion/Predictions

Coletrain06

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

35 to 7 Cov Cath easy.

No idea who #6 is for SFDS but they rode him until he literally broke in the 2nd half.  At some point, you can't play LB and RB full time and not get run down.  He was limping bad and eventually got taken out of the game in the 4th.

As for Mayer, he is big, mobile and can sling it, no doubt.  He was definitely off tonight on his long ball as almost all of his completions went sideline to sideline.  He missed at least two WIDE OPEN receivers streaking down the field and on two other occasions, the ball was either dropped (#11 on a slant) or two receivers ran into each other (#11 and #13).

All that said, don't think SFDS had the depth and talent to beat CovCath.  The Colonels are the favorite to win 5A in KY this year.

-93CardinalsFan

5 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Wayne / Northmont goes to 2OT.....Wayne wins 38-35

I knew that would be a good game. I saw the Winton Woods- Northmont game and Northmont hung tough with them. Winton Woods is on par athletically with the D1 big boys, and the win over LaSalle has to put them into top ten consideration. Meanwhile Wayne seems to have figured their offense out and has been putting up big time points. Their defense is still susceptible against good offenses.  

10 hours ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

No idea who #6 is for SFDS but they rode him until he literally broke in the 2nd half.  At some point, you can't play LB and RB full time and not get run down.  He was limping bad and eventually got taken out of the game in the 4th.

As for Mayer, he is big, mobile and can sling it, no doubt.  He was definitely off tonight on his long ball as almost all of his completions went sideline to sideline.  He missed at least two WIDE OPEN receivers streaking down the field and on two other occasions, the ball was either dropped (#11 on a slant) or two receivers ran into each other (#11 and #13).

All that said, don't think SFDS had the depth and talent to beat CovCath.  The Colonels are the favorite to win 5A in KY this year.

-93CardinalsFan

Most of Mayer's completions were curl routes in the middle of Desales zone.  No. 11 is Maliki Pike, the infamous Zeke Pike's lil brother who is also on the CovCath staff.  I was on the Desales side and one of the dad's was like I can't wait to get those 4 starters back.  I told him if one of the 4 starters wasn't a qb, it doesn't matter because the kid they had last night was not up to par for a deep playoff run.