The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

On September 20, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Las Vegas_JC said:

RE: #8 Corona Centennial how can they be ranked so highly?

1) They only scheduled one risk game this year. 

2) They lost that game.

3) The rest of their regular season schedule is garbage and should weigh them down. Out of the top ten. 

4) If they beat SJB or MD in the playoffs then they should move back into the top 10-15 range. If they beat both of those teams they will have earned a top 1-10 ranking. 

Until then they have not proven themselves. 

I agree. I've been to all but a few of Cen10's games from 2014 on and I  just don't see it.  So far this year: Pittsburg? Puhleeze.  Etiwanda? Are you kidding? They do have a first rate band though.  Narbonne? Is that a French word for no offense?  Unfortunately Cen10 has two weeks off and then goes into weak league play so it won't be until playoffs roll around that we see how good they can be.  White shoes has them at 20 and that feels more like it.  Chaminade at 18 might also be overstated.  They've been "clocked" out of the playoffs the last two years to the tune of 70 and 65 points.  Hard to imagine they've improved that much.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

A top 30 team? Nonsense. And 2 of them at that.

Look back at DLS. 

You were propping up the worst Byrnes team ever at one point. Ffs.

Any DLS year includes at least one game vs a top 10 national team so we don't need to prop up having the southeast' #1 dynasty team in the schedule

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I don't disagree -- sort of 

I remember rivals and DJ and Johnny Stanton of santa margarita 

Dj dropped SM (from #1) after he was injured but not based on results on the field -- turned out to be correct but there was protests to wait until the on field performance dictated change 

Beat me to it!

On 9/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, Omaha Vol said:

IMG would beat 99.9% of the teams by 20 or more. Plus, didn't Cen10's QB go down early in that game? I'd they've recovered nicely based on their thrashing of a solid Narbonne team. Who are the 10 or 20 schools that actually beat Cen10?

Technically they played IMG with their 4th string qb.

13 minutes ago, old_e said:

Technically they played IMG with their 4th string qb.

That's true, but I see IMG's difficulty with both Centennial and Chandler more as an indictment of  IMG's "super power" status, than a validation of Centennial or Chandler's capabilities.  Nonetheless, I salute both teams for their efforts against a team with considerably more size, strength, and speed.  Can't fault them for playing up.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Sorry, Top 35. 

Poll bro, polls. Otherwise its just what 1 homer fan says to another.

You just used the only poll that has them ranked in the top 35. Some goof ball journalist named Jeff Fisher who started following football in 2010. If you want to use polls fine, combine them, and they aren't in the top 40. 

• Haha 2

On 9/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, Omaha Vol said:

IMG would beat 99.9% of the teams by 20 or more. Plus, didn't Cen10's QB go down early in that game? I'd they've recovered nicely based on their thrashing of a solid Narbonne team. Who are the 10 or 20 schools that actually beat Cen10?

Would have loved to see how this game would have gone had Cen10 not lost their Qb.  If memory is correct Cen10 was winning when their Qb went out. 

19 hours ago, On2whls said:

I agree. I've been to all but a few of Cen10's games from 2014 on and I  just don't see it.  So far this year: Pittsburg? Puhleeze.  Etiwanda? Are you kidding? They do have a first rate band though.  Narbonne? Is that a French word for no offense?  Unfortunately Cen10 has two weeks off and then goes into weak league play so it won't be until playoffs roll around that we see how good they can be.  White shoes has them at 20 and that feels more like it.  Chaminade at 18 might also be overstated.  They've been "clocked" out of the playoffs the last two years to the tune of 70 and 65 points.  Hard to imagine they've improved that much.

This!