The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

7 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

So, you're saying every top 10 team can't have one or two breathers on their schedule? Well, that makes complete sense. I'm going to go ahead and edit my rankings. I'm removing Mater Dei from the top 10 because they played LaMirada and St. John Bosco for playing Dorsey and Garces. 

I'll take care of that later this morning....

Ur a Coke head .. Dorsey and lamirda won like 20 games combined last year ..I'll repeat this again Grayson's next opponent has won ONE game in 3 yearS 

3 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ur a Coke head .. Dorsey and lamirda won like 20 games combined last year ..I'll repeat this again Grayson's next opponent has won ONE game in 3 yearS 

So, because Grayson schedules a chump team for a breather that means they aren't any good? That's like saying Bama sucks because they have Mercer on their schedule. I guess Bama shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 of the AP poll because they scheduled a breather, either. 

Do you really believe Bama should not be ranked in the top 10 right now? It's the same concept. If you really believe that than you truly are an imbecile. 

Give this argument up, sunshine. 

11 hours ago, Ararar said:

Problem with algorithms is they can't take into account a team playing 3 1/2 quarters with no QB.Just imagine BG playing anyone of their first 4 games with a kid who never practiced at QB.

Chandler also battled IMG tough losing 27-14. QB Conover went out in that game too.  

Injuries have plagued Chandler thus far, but if they get healthy again could/should make a nice run like last year.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Chandler also battled IMG tough losing 27-14. QB Conover went out in that game too.  

Injuries have plagued Chandler thus far, but if they get healthy again could/should make a nice run like last year.  

Last year is last year.  I'll wait and see.  I've been burned already this year.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Exactly,then they lose to MP without their best QB.A algorithm doesn't take this into consideration when ranking teams

I'm not sure if I understand correctly,......but you can't rank based on injuries. 

There's way too many variables and is far too subjective. 

If a teams best player gets injured and then lose.... that's the last version of that team that played and should be ranked accordingly......if the player comes back and they win big games, they should also then be ranked accordingly 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

I'm not sure if I understand correctly,......but you can't rank based on injuries. 

If a teams best player gets injured and then lose.... that's the last version of that team that played and should be ranked accordingly......if the player comes back and they win big games, they should also then be ranked accordingly 

Exactly

9 hours ago, Fred said:

So I guess John Curtis was a patsy too?

For a national elite.... yes

it an opponent that ought to present even a 1 in 10 challenge to a legit top 10 team

not a bad opponent at all, but not (i.e.) a marquee opponent for a team that wants to contend for MNC

5 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I don't disagree -- sort of 

I remember rivals and DJ and Johnny Stanton of santa margarita 

Dj dropped SM (from #1) after he was injured but not based on results on the field -- turned out to be correct but there was protests to wait until the on field performance dictated change 

in case of IMG, especially for those guys touting them as #1, considering the injury just makes IMGs win less impressive than what onenougjt to expect from #1 team (could use plural wins because I understand Chandler also had backup QB in their game) 

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

For a national elite.... yes

it an opponent that ought to present even a 1 in 10 challenge to a legit top 10 team

not a bad opponent at all, but not (i.e.) a marquee opponent for a team that wants to contend for MNC

A top 30 team? Nonsense. And 2 of them at that.

Look back at DLS. 

You were propping up the worst Byrnes team ever at one point. Ffs.