NJ OOS records from 2004-17

aZjimbo

Just now, nptb17 said:

Longview and Lufkin are also rans.  Just because everyone has heard about what they did in the 90's doesn't make them relevant.

You really have no idea what you are talking about...

Longview beat John Curtis 24-20 in the last minute at Longview Lobo Stadium in Texas.

Longview was 12-2 and #13 in Texas (108 nationally)

Lufkin was 6-5 when Curtis beat them 32-25 at the BOB. Lufkin ended up (#619 nationally).

Lufkin's 5 losses were by a combined 20 points.

You really don't want to compare these East Texas Powers to the shit La Salle, OH has played......if you want to debate it, lets roll with it.

35 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Henry Clay has athletes to match any school in Alabama.  As far as football players go, I can't really speak on that.

Scott County is and has been one of the top 5 teams in Kentucky for the past 6 or 7 years.  

Butler from Louisville, KY is trash.

Ok, man......so we are now comparing these schools to East Texas football powers....

This forum never disappoints....

20 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You really have no idea what you are talking about...

Longview beat John Curtis 24-20 in the last minute at Longview Lobo Stadium in Texas.

Longview was 12-2 and #13 in Texas (108 nationally)

Lufkin was 6-5 when Curtis beat them 32-25 at the BOB. Lufkin ended up (#619 nationally).

Lufkin's 5 losses were by a combined 20 points.

You really don't want to compare these East Texas Powers to the shit La Salle, OH has played......if you want to debate it, lets roll with it.

Longview is an also ran.  Lufkin is an also ran.  They lost 5 games by 20 points combined against who?  You ragged on St. X for losing 5 games but I would bet my life that the teams that St. X lost to would running clock whoever Lufkin lost to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr.miami305 said:

I've noticed a lot of NJ always forget to bring up Miami Central. Was it that bad for Bosco that ya'll forget this game so often lmaoxD

Think they are referring to oos losing streak.... they won a few oos games after Miami central. Sjp, STA, Fort pierce central,  Archbishop moeller, & Archbishop Rummell 

Went back and looked at the OOS games for Bosco in what I consider the most relevant OOS games (in response to Sammy). Here you go:

04- SA (W)

06- SJP (W), Centerville (W)

07- SJP (W)

08- St X (L), DLS (W)

09- DLS (W), Pratville (W)

10- Gilman (W), St Iggy (W)

11- MV (W), Manatee (W), St Ed (W)

12- Gilman (L), STA (W)

13- SJP (W), MV (L), MC (L)

14- SJP (W), STA (W)

15- SJP (W), Moeller (W), Rummel (W), BG (L)

16- AH (L), SJP (L), Moeller (L)

17- Brynes (L), SFA (L)

19-10  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

The Bosco team that beat Rummel, was 9-3 and state champs.. The Bosco that beat STA  24-7, was not as talented... The team that was destroyed by MC was replete with injuries and had a lot of sophs.... That MC team was loaded...Who played a tougher schedule from 2012-2016 in the BNU than Bosco??? NOBODY and dismiss DPC. SPP,SHP, DELBY and PC for sos..MD In Calf has nowhere near that MC team speed..

His years MD team would beat any Bosco team.   Sorry 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. No DBP dynasty team could ever beat a good BC team by 48. No way. 

Bosco best teams under Toal were always a run first pass second teams with maybe 10-15 passes a game in certain spots. That type of team grinds out 48 minutes and obviously has less possessions. Just because Bosco never beat BC by 48 points means absolutely nothing. With that Bosco defense they could have beaten anyone. Take away to the 2 BC games and Bosco 1st team defense gave up 27 the entire year. I'll take my chances with them any day.