Where are the DLS guys?

Sammyswordsman

15 hours ago, Guest LOSer said:

And they were dialed in when they took the lead against Lakeland.

Then Lakeland responded.

Crenshaw had no response.

Let me answer your question. I thought I did, but I don't want to go on these wild goose chases like I see you do with Pops. DLS offense was in shambles early in season due to no qb. Still they turned a 14 point deficit into a 3 point lead with about a couple of minutes to go. The reason why it was only 3 was that Dela had Lakeland on the ropes, driving deep to around the 10 yrd line or so, late in 4th,  when Dela player cracked a Lakeland player so hard his chest broke. It took a half hour delay to get the ambulance there, allowing Lakeland to catch their wind. When Dela resumed they Made a a bad pitch on second down and lost yardage, and failed  to make 1rst down on ensuing  play. Had to settle for a field goal instead of td. Lakeland had just enough gas left due to the huge time break get that last field goal to tie game and send it to overtime.  Fast forward to Crenshaw. Dela was a completely different  team at this point. Crenshaw was much superior to Lakeland as far as defense goes. They were extremely fast and physical and liked to hit, something Lakeland did not do. Lakeland had a better passing game, that is all. Crenshaws O-line was also superior than Lakeland's. How the Lakeland game helped Dela in their game with Crenshaw was the similar beginning, falling behind by 14, but no panic. They had been in that position before.  Dela just methodically took over game and completely shut down  Crenshaw, a better  overall team than Lakeland, though I'm almost positive you'll rail against that assertion. The thing is, I was there right next to field on both games. You weren't, so you'll just have to argue based upon your agenda.

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

He's still on the Spartan board. Not sure why he hasn't made his way over here. 

I thought it was same guy but definitely not

it sure how I'd feel about a Popz 🤔

Could be a libel issue

i think some of the back and forth here wore on Z -- I don't check in often but know he's still active on spartanhood

20 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Not only that, but I'd like to know what transfers he's talking about. CC getting transfers from all over the Inland Empire is flat out wrong. I'm sure they get transfers from everywhere, but not top flight football players annually that's for sure.

If they did, they'd be getting the top kids from Fontana(The couple of guys that actually go to Fontana schools and not the Rancho Cucamonga schools), Rancho Cucamonga,  Riverside, Chino Hills and Ontario(Colony kids).

From those cities(Some are pretty far away)CC would have a very good D-line annually, which they do not.

It is well known fact that CC has always transferred up. Go back to 2007, the year Dela beat them in sbg. The next year in 2008, in come Martinez and 6 0r 7 new transfer starters on their team. Yet if you talked with anyone from Corona, all they could talk about was how Dela was good only because they recruited, etc., etc.  Dela had only one D-1 player  on those teams; Rb Butler, but hey , I guess fake news is the truth. Just last season, to keep it more current, didn't they have 4 or 5 transfers from Upland alone ? I know they were declared ineligible, but that's just business as usual for CC. I agree, they don't get the level of talented Blue chippers like MD has the past couple of season, nor like SJB the last 6 or so seasons. Stll, with the help of transfers, CC is unchallenged in the Inland Empire.

15 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Let me answer your question. I thought I did, but I don't want to go on these wild goose chases like I see you do with Pops. DLS offense was in shambles early in season due to no qb. Still they turned a 14 point deficit into a 3 point lead with about a couple of minutes to go. The reason why it was only 3 was that Dela had Lakeland on the ropes, driving deep to around the 10 yrd line or so, late in 4th,  when Dela player cracked a Lakeland player so hard his chest broke. It took a half hour delay to get the ambulance there, allowing Lakeland to catch their wind. When Dela resumed they Made a a bad pitch on second down and lost yardage, and failed  to make 1rst down on ensuing  play. Had to settle for a field goal instead of td. Lakeland had just enough gas left due to the huge time break get that last field goal to tie game and send it to overtime.  Fast forward to Crenshaw. Dela was a completely different  team at this point. Crenshaw was much superior to Lakeland as far as defense goes. They were extremely fast and physical and liked to hit, something Lakeland did not do. Lakeland had a better passing game, that is all. Crenshaws O-line was also superior than Lakeland's. How the Lakeland game helped Dela in their game with Crenshaw was the similar beginning, falling behind by 14, but no panic. They had been in that position before.  Dela just methodically took over game and completely shut down  Crenshaw, a better  overall team than Lakeland, though I'm almost positive you'll rail against that assertion. The thing is, I was there right next to field on both games. You weren't, so you'll just have to argue based upon your agenda.

I don't agree with either if you in Lakeland/ Crenshaw comparison

i think they were very similar teams -- each had one of the two fastest players I've seen on DLS or their opponents (DAT and that little WR from Lakeland that went to Texas tech, older brother was RB and almost as fast, QB was DB commit to FSU (and threw a pretty good ball).  I thought the Lakeland defense brought the wood pretty well -- they basically won the game by having a Georgia Tech LB tackle a current Atlanta Falcon RB in the open field on the 6" line -- Crenshaw's MLB started at USC for 2 or 3 years -- DAT was electrifying, one if their OL is in the league now -- QB very similar to Lakelands -- had size and lots of speed

i think at the end of the day both teams probably around #50 that year (that's higher than CP where I think both are dragged down by poor sos)

both very good teams, very similar even, I'd put that hypothetical as a coin flip -- would actually be a great game I'd think 

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

It is well known fact that CC has always transferred up. Go back to 2007, the year Dela beat them in sbg. The next year in 2008, in come Martinez and 6 0r 7 new transfer starters on their team. Yet if you talked with anyone from Corona, all they could talk about was how Dela was good only because they recruited, etc., etc.  Dela had only one D-1 player  on those teams; Rb Butler, but hey , I guess fake news is the truth. Just last season, to keep it more current, didn't they have 4 or 5 transfers from Upland alone ? I know they were declared ineligible, but that's just business as usual for CC. I agree, they don't get the level of talented Blue chippers like MD has the past couple of season, nor like SJB the last 6 or so seasons. Stll, with the help of transfers, CC is unchallenged in the Inland Empire.

They got Taylor Martinez(Story is his mom almost died giving birth{This I know for sure, since one of the coaches that coached me at Fontana is best friends with the dad} and they moved so his brother and him would go to school close to each other. His younger brother went to some private school in Corona from Cajon) from Cajon, 35 minutes away. The family moved to Norco(Boundary goes to CC). 

What other 6 or 7 new transfers that started? You mean two right?

The two transfers were Brandon Brown(Norco next city over) and Taylor Martinez. Brandon Brown only played in the regular season and ended up getting injured before playing DLS.

Starters for the entire season

QB-Taylor Martinez(Transfer)

HB-Arthur Burns

WR-Ricky Marvray

WR-Geshun Harris

WR-Nick Beasley

WR-Chris Simpson/Eddie Lopez

OL-Gavin Pascarella

OL-Roberto Negrete

OL-Jacob Olsson

OL-Elijah Perricone

OL-Andrew Torres

OL-JT Felix

OL-Steele Frey

They'd rotate offensive lineman(All of those guys played)

Starters for the playoffs

DL-Will Sutton

DL-Paul Verrette

DL-Anthony Whitlow

LB-Brandon Holder

LB-Vontaze Burfict

LB-Shelly Lyons

LB-Adam Hollick

DB-K.J. Vaifale

DB-JD Austin

DB-Anthony Goodman

DB-Demeitri Beasley

Two transfers from local schools are expected to have a huge impact. Taylor Martinez transferred to Centennial from Cajon (San Bernardino) during the spring and will start at quarterback. 

https://southerncaliforniapreps.rivals.com/news/corona-centennial-looks-toward-section-state

But why go with the truth, 5 or 6 sounds better huh?

Corona Centennial would be much stronger if they just kept every player that's zoned to their school to stay.

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Just last season, to keep it more current, didn't they have 4 or 5 transfers from Upland alone ? I know they were declared ineligible, but that's just business as usual for CC. I agree, they don't get the level of talented Blue chippers like MD has the past couple of season, nor like SJB the last 6 or so seasons. Stll, with the help of transfers, CC is unchallenged in the Inland Empire.

And they still rolled right along without them right? These transfers you're talking about, aren't even better than the guys that they have playing those people's spots. Taylor Martinez is the last big transfer.

JJ Taylor was a CC kid. Traveled over 39 miles one way to go to JSerra daily, but his home school was CC.

27 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

And they still rolled right along without them right? These transfers you're talking about, aren't even better than the guys that they have playing those people's spots. Taylor Martinez is the last big transfer.

JJ Taylor was a CC kid. Traveled over 39 miles one way to go to JSerra daily, but his home school was CC.

Listen, I know you from  the socal board, and I know the debate for those that want to deny CC gets transfers  and those that adamantly bring it up all the time down there. CC gets there share, and I don't knock them, only people who deny that they do. In the end, I'm the one who told you CC is a " Super " team. I have utmost respect for them, at least for the product they put out on field. To not count them as one of the Super teams, I don't get it. If not for a controversial call, they beat SJB in Socal Open last year as well as the year before. MD has yet to beat them in playoff, they take IMG the last seconds of a game, and this early in the year before  they even hit their stride. 2014, unbeaten Gorman barely beats them , having to come back in order to win by a few. 2013, The almighty SJB has 40 + put on them. I'd say they are right up with any program in the country. Maybe they don't get the same caliber of transfers, but they are Super.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I don't agree with either if you in Lakeland/ Crenshaw comparison

i think they were very similar teams -- each had one of the two fastest players I've seen on DLS or their opponents (DAT and that little WR from Lakeland that went to Texas tech, older brother was RB and almost as fast, QB was DB commit to FSU (and threw a pretty good ball).  I thought the Lakeland defense brought the wood pretty well -- they basically won the game by having a Georgia Tech LB tackle a current Atlanta Falcon RB in the open field on the 6" line -- Crenshaw's MLB started at USC for 2 or 3 years -- DAT was electrifying, one if their OL is in the league now -- QB very similar to Lakelands -- had size and lots of speed

i think at the end of the day both teams probably around #50 that year (that's higher than CP where I think both are dragged down by poor sos)

both very good teams, very similar even, I'd put that hypothetical as a coin flip -- would actually be a great game I'd think 

It was Anderson who failed to get in with the 2 pt. conversion. Just because Lakeland had guys with stars next to their names does not make them an equal on  defense with Crenshaw. From what I observed, it was much easier for a lesser version of a Spartan offense to go through Lakeland, than it was for a much improved Houston led hitting on all cycles Spartan offense to get through Crenshaw. Crenshaws D was a beast. No doubt Lakeland had talent, but overall not as tough. I don't know where you get the rankings, but I think, if memory is correct,  in USA today Lakeland had reached #5 before losing 20 -0 to Plant in semifinals in Fla playoffs. Crenshaw was way high in some polls as well, not #50.

26 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Listen, I know you from  the socal board, and I know the debate for those that want to deny CC gets transfers  and those that adamantly bring it up all the time down there. CC gets there share, and I don't knock them, only people who deny that they do. In the end, I'm the one who told you CC is a " Super " team. I have utmost respect for them, at least for the product they put out on field. To not count them as one of the Super teams, I don't get it. If not for a controversial call, they beat SJB in Socal Open last year as well as the year before. MD has yet to beat them in playoff, they take IMG the last seconds of a game, and this early in the year before  they even hit their stride. 2014, unbeaten Gorman barely beats them , having to come back in order to win by a few. 2013, The almighty SJB has 40 + put on them. I'd say they are right up with any program in the country. Maybe they don't get the same caliber of transfers, but they are Super.

I'm not denying they get transfers, but what you posted above was debunked. They're a public school, you can't turn away kids that move in to the school zone.

A public school in a large populated area, where if you travel 10 minutes in any direction are in another city with a huge population will always get a ton of transfers. This happened in Fontana a long time ago. Fontana was growing(Like Corona), and would get a ton of move ins from all sorts of areas. My SR year we had 8 transfers starting for us. 4 of them were division 1 guys.

What's so hard to get? CC has a great offensive system and offensive players, without it, they'd get beaten up by SJB, but a super team means you play both sides of the ball. If they were a super team, they'd have a killer front 7 on defense, not 1 or 2 guys ranked annually on average.

17 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I think with the level to which 'stacking' teams has gotten around the country, it is more and more difficult for the ants to compete with the elephants.

In the future, the "elephants" may wind up having more trouble filling their schedule with local teams.

In essence, having to schedule oos games with the other "elephants." IMG-esque.

8 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I'm not denying they get transfers, but what you posted above was debunked. They're a public school, you can't turn away kids that move in to the school zone.

A public school in a large populated area, where if you travel 10 minutes in any direction are in another city with a huge population will always get a ton of transfers. This happened in Fontana a long time ago. Fontana was growing(Like Corona), and would get a ton of move ins from all sorts of areas. My SR year we had 8 transfers starting for us. 4 of them were division 1 guys.

What's so hard to get? CC has a great offensive system and offensive players, without it, they'd get beaten up by SJB, but a super team means you play both sides of the ball. If they were a super team, they'd have a killer front 7 on defense, not 1 or 2 guys ranked annually on average.

I totally get your point about their defense. The exception I made was for 2015. When you play dela, you need more than a front 4. 9 in the box is what most teams play. If dela has any sort of passing game, they make you pay for it, like they did that one play in sbg against CC. Other than that, they pretty well contained Spartans. The year before they gave up 62. Thar CC team was different. The best they ever had in my opinion. I think their defense was better than SJB's of last yr. 2016. May not have had as many stars attached to players names, but that can be misleading. That dela team of last yr was not very good, and nowhere near the team of the year before, yet the conceivably put 40 on Bosco if not for all the gaffs, fumbles,,drops. etc. As a whole, I think CC 2015 was one of socals best ever. A complete team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I totally get your point about their defense. The exception I made was for 2015. When you play dela, you need more than a front 4. 9 in the box is what most teams play. If dela has any sort of passing game, they make you pay for it, like they did that one play in sbg against CC. Other than that, they pretty well contained Spartans. The year before they gave up 62. Thar CC team was different. The best they ever had in my opinion. I think their defense was better than SJB's of last yr. 2016. May not have had as many stars attached to players names, but that can be misleading. That dela team of last yr was not very good, and nowhere near the team of the year before, yet the conceivably put 40 on Bosco if not for all the gaffs, fumbles,,drops. etc. As a whole, I think CC 2015 was one of socals best ever. A complete team.

CC '15 would have been first unanimous #1 since DBP '09 if they flipped that 28-21 final score 

imho, best team (by far) DLS has beaten in SBG

and, yes, I'd give them a small nod over SJB '16

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

They did both

State Championship and only team to beat them?

In 2009 Lakeland and Bosco both beat DLS. 

Then DLS won 13 games in Cali including a state title. No other losses

in 2011 STA beat DLS then DLS won 14 games and didn't lose anymore en route to another state title. 

STA lost 3 games that year to Florida teams but beat 14-1 State Champ DLS and 12-2 State Champ Prattville,AL