Where are the DLS guys?

Sammyswordsman

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

I bet SJB's % is lower 

i also bet DLS has more appeal in East Bay than SJB does in LA

DLS is the only show in town. SJB isn't.

i bet LA traffic worse 

You're using street routes to lower the mileage between points. Doing that, it would be the same thing. Traffic from Richmond is horrible in the morning(I had to be in that crappy city for some training from February to May of this year)

your assertion was that DLS COULD not compete (v WOULD not)

My claim is that DLS can not have teams similar to SJB or STA(Talent wise)using local kids. Getting every 3 and 4 star kid from 25 miles away, is a totally different argument.

i'm confident ive blown that one out of water

Well that was never my claim.

the el Cerritos kids I believe were your farthest elites and Pickettd older brother did attend DLS (Sac St DB off '10 team) -- Thompson you have more than twice as far as he is (he transferred from Pitt senior year, but didn't move)

Loyola H.S. once had a kid travel an hour and a half to get to school(One way), doesn't make it normal or reasonable.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/sep/21/sports/sp-48069

Make that two hours

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Am not following the link between what you bolder and your response

seems that your point is kids will endure hardship to go where they want for school

OK -- I concede that point -- there were a lot more 4* and 5* kids if I even included the rest of Bay Area (I didn't include San Jose, peninsula, Marin, solano, etc)

trying to set bias aside, whether for rep of school or football team, DLS has an excellent brand to sell without the competition that (i.e.) trinity league has with each other and other recruiting schools like MV, calabasas, Serra gardena, etc

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Am not following the link between what you bolder and your response

seems that your point is kids will endure hardship to go where they want for school

OK -- I concede that point -- there were a lot more 4* and 5* kids if I even included the rest of Bay Area (I didn't include San Jose, peninsula, Marin, solano, etc)

trying to set bias aside, whether for rep of school or football team, DLS has an excellent brand to sell without the competition that (i.e.) trinity league has with each other and other recruiting schools like MV, calabasas, Serra gardena, etc

I unbolded the bottom. Pickett having to travel 40 minutes to 1 hour one way to school isn't normal. 

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I unbolded the bottom. Pickett having to travel 40 minutes to 1 hour one way to school isn't normal. 

My kids commute was probably about 40 minutes in morning and they attended DLS's #1 parochial feeder (~15% of students)

It's not that abnormal

again, though, you defined the boundaries by saying where the '15 kids lived -- I'm just using your boundaries

Just now, Pops said:

My kids commute was probably about 40 minutes in morning and they attended DLS's #1 parochial feeder (~15% of students)

It's not that abnormal

again, though, you defined the boundaries by saying where the '15 kids lived -- I'm just using your boundaries

-- DLS could do much better just with existing local kids (i.e. 2 5* RBs in last 3-4 years were in the neighborhood, getting a QB, etc)

-- DLS could expand reach to Bay Area, not as talent rich as SJB or MD or STA locally, but a) DLS could pursue with less competition (than in socal) and DLS doesn't need to match talent (just can't be overwhelmed by it)

My claim was that DLS was already getting players from all over the East Bay, and the players home location proved that.

I wasn't aware that expand to the Bay area meant Frisco and other locations that aren't reasonable.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Liar!!!

I might have gotten the 6 touchdowns in a game and 2,000 yard rusher mixed up.

Just proves how faceless they are.

So Tautalatausi for the 6 TD's and Vitale for the 2,000 yards.

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I said earlier DLS can't make teams like STA and Bosco consistently because there's not sufficient talent in their area, and there isn't. That would require them to get every top player in a 20 mile radius, and that's not what STA or Bosco do. 

No QB that aspires to be in division 1 should play at DLS. 

DLS does seem to get a stud from that Pleasanton area every 2 or 3 years though. Sumner Houston/Bart Houston are another two that comes to mind(Originally from Dublin/Livermore and moved up a little north to San Ramon)

What do you consider Core geography? How many miles away?

But it is lack of talent. DLS used to have mega teams(The best streak teams), they don't anymore, so when they meet up with a team that doesn't allow them to bully them upfront, they lose. That wasn't the case when they had Demetrius Williams, Matt Guttierrez, Cameron Colvin, Terrance Kelley etc......... They could pass the ball as well to elite athletes

That pretty much sums it up. 

50 minutes ago, Pops said:

your assertion was that DLS COULD not compete (v WOULD not)

i'm confident ive blown that one out of water

And everybody else is confident that you failed miserably.

51 minutes ago, Pops said:

dls's largest feeder school is in Danville, CA (pop 45,000) -- that town alone has had 10 +/- D1 QBs in time frame that didn't attend DLS (and, btw, to your comment on DLS and D1 QBs, mark panels, the current WB coach, has produced 6 D1 QBs, so even though DLS turned down a national POY (Kyle wright) and future heisman winner (Toretta) for admission, they still usually can find a guy with D1 QB skills that can run veer)

No amount of your exposition will make DLS a destination for D1 quarterbacks.

What good would a D1 quarterback do in the veer?

This is just like your intransigence on the D1 running back thing. It just doesn't matter.

16 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

My claim was that DLS was already getting players from all over the East Bay, and the players home location proved that.

I wasn't aware that expand to the Bay area meant Frisco and other locations that aren't reasonable.

I didn't count anyone from The City (saying Frisco is a sure sign of an outsider) 

i'm making the point that there is sufficient talent for a mega-team in DLS's normal geography and while I concur that it's unreasonable to ever assume you're going to get them all, DLS is a powerful brand that makes little to no effort to get these kids (like some other programs do) -- they can double or triple their local elite talent and still have less than 50% of their normal geography 

we seem to be going round and round over little distinction -- I simply believe that if DLS got those kids in, they could play with anyone every year vs now, I think they and everyone else are getting left about 2 TDs back by emerging mega teams

22 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

And Pop actually claimed that Antioch was in De La Salle's neighborhood.

That would be like STA claiming that a kid in North Miami was in their neighborhood. Guess what? It's not.

Just a FYI... 2011 was likely the weakest season to dissect STA for transfers.  Cox Jr was the lone D1 transfer starter (dad moved to FL for Dolphins coaching spot) vs DLS  Ivy Leaguers did their part in the DLS game (Lescano, Drake, Champion, Harris, Bieck).  Jelani Hamilton was playing on one leg and left the game very early.  A long snapper for BC (that's all he did at BC) had the nice LB pick.  Lot of blue collar kids did their jobs well that game.  Joseph Rizzo did his part.  

USchool exodus in 2012 got STA transferidas rolling again and with HC Harriott in charge the interest will continue to be there along with talented younger classes.  STA is pretty stacked in the 19 class and 20 class is starting to show some talented kids too.   

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I didn't count anyone from The City (saying Frisco is a sure sign of an outsider) 

I wouldn't call it anything else

i'm making the point that there is sufficient talent for a mega-team in DLS's normal geography and while I concur that it's unreasonable to ever assume you're going to get them all, DLS is a powerful brand that makes little to no effort to get these kids

Nobody makes efforts to get kids. SJB, STA, Mater Dei etc........... You build it and they come. 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

i'm making the point that there is sufficient talent for a mega-team in DLS's normal geography and while I concur that it's unreasonable to ever assume you're going to get them all,

It's unreasonable to assume that you're going to get any of them.

16-17 miles isn't normal at all for STA so your examples aren't accurate.

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS is a powerful brand that makes little to no effort to get these kids (like some other programs do)

Where are you getting this from?

What usually happens in that programs that are used to winning start not winning and they look around for someone else to blame.

All of this is just an excuse-making exercise.

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

I simply believe that if DLS got those kids in, they could play with anyone every year vs now,

That's your problem.

You're a believer in a lot of silly and unreasonable things.

@ steeler, stick with "frisco" unless you don't want to be seen as an IE guy from a mile away 😂

Are you suggesting the Stache didn't help his once in a generation team come together or negro/ SJB don't have special benefits/ programs/ scholarships for football players?   Really?

Is that true for IMG, BG, and sta also or are the SoCal mega teams the only pure neighborhood teams?

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Just a FYI... 2011 was likely the weakest season to dissect STA for transfers.  Cox Jr was the lone D1 transfer starter (dad moved to FL for Dolphins coaching spot) vs DLS  Ivy Leaguers did their part in the DLS game (Lescano, Drake, Champion, Harris, Bieck).  Jelani Hamilton was playing on one leg and left the game very early.  A long snapper for BC (that's all he did at BC) had the nice LB pick.  Lot of blue collar kids did their jobs well that game.  Joseph Rizzo did his part.  

USchool exodus in 2012 got STA transferidas rolling again and with HC Harriott in charge the interest will continue to be there along with talented younger classes.  STA is pretty stacked in the 19 class and 20 class is starting to show some talented kids too.   

If you're referring to my concha attributed data from several pages ago, that was for 2010 team

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Are you suggesting the Stache didn't help his once in a generation team come together or negro/ SJB don't have special benefits/ programs/ scholarships for football players?   Really?

This is the surest sign of a guy just making it up.

He's just ASSuming.

He's got nothing else to go off.

Are you suggesting the Stache didn't help his once in a generation team come together

If the Stache could do that then why the hell were they so bad for a decade prior to 2015?

3 minutes ago, LOSer said:

If the Stache could do that then why the hell were they so bad for a decade prior to 2015?

Transfer enforcement changed considerably in SoCal 3-4 years ago 

the rule is still the same across the state -- athletically motivated transfers are NOT allowed.  The southern section just elected to ignore or, rather enforce very, very, very loosely

Transfer enforcement changed considerably in SoCal 3-4 years ago

But then how did Negro stack SJB before 2013-14 if there was stricter enforcement back then?

I think you're just making this all up as you go, Pop.

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

the rule is still the same across the state -- athletically motivated transfers are NOT allowed.  The southern section just elected to ignore or, rather enforce very, very, very loosely

9_9

OK, Pop.

Sure.

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Is that true for IMG, BG, and sta also or are the SoCal mega teams the only pure neighborhood teams?

I doubt Rollinson is going to Claremont to visit a LB and offer him to go to MD. Like the kid needs to go to MD to get to where he's going(Rated a 4 star LB)

Negro coached the youth program in Bellflower, which feeds Poly, Lakewood, Serra, etc...... with all of their top players or did. He also knew the coaches from Carson and Inglewood which also feed top programs in SoCal. It's no coincidence once he got into SJB, the kids started going there. If people know you, they will send their kids there.

Anyone can apply for Financial Aid. I'm not aware of what scholarship you're talking about