Where are the DLS guys?

Sammyswordsman

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Absolutely incorrect

Unless you're referring to just a 4-team super-league where SJB takes best in SoCal, STA takes best in Broward/ Dade, Allen's enrollment grows to 50,000, and IMG scoops up the best of everywhere else

Am impressed with your geography.  Minor nits -- Custer is terrance Kelley's cousin and a rare kid to come from Richmond/ Berkeley/ Oakland nowadays -- the Caldecott tunnel is a good boundary for 99% of DLS kids, but there are a lot of athletes just on the other side (with no. bridges required).  Sweeney is only kid I've heard of that's from other side of Martinez bridge (usually the boundary);  Pittsburg is actually only 12 miles and is only the start of the highway 4 corridor to the east that includes Antioch, Oakley, etc that is also favorable demographics for athletes; Pleasanton is a long ways south of DLS;  Pleasanton not known for athletes/ football players, but there has been 1-3 D1 QBs every year the last 15 between DLS and Pleasanton 

DLS gets less than half of the top end talent in their core geography and maybe 10%-15% of east bay, which is less than half of Bay Area, etc and with that, they've led country's high schools in most NFL players until STA took crown about 5 years ago

joe mixon and Najee Harris are both from highway 4 corridor, higher rated than any DLS RB in history, Inc MJD who came from same neighborhood

am not saying DLS area as target rich as others -- it's not, but lack of talent is absolutely 100% NOT the determining factor in whether DLS wants to play the mega-team game.  Not that this is part of deliberation either, but DLS doesn't and hasn't ever needed to match talent, but they need more than 3-4 D1 players on roster to keep up with the mega-team trend.

This is so false it's not even funny. If STA took the best from Broward and Dade NO ONE would have a chance against them....EVER.    

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Absolutely incorrect

Unless you're referring to just a 4-team super-league where SJB takes best in SoCal, STA takes best in Broward/ Dade, Allen's enrollment grows to 50,000, and IMG scoops up the best of everywhere else

Am impressed with your geography.  Minor nits -- Custer is terrance Kelley's cousin and a rare kid to come from Richmond/ Berkeley/ Oakland nowadays -- the Caldecott tunnel is a good boundary for 99% of DLS kids, but there are a lot of athletes just on the other side (with no. bridges required).  Sweeney is only kid I've heard of that's from other side of Martinez bridge (usually the boundary);  Pittsburg is actually only 12 miles and is only the start of the highway 4 corridor to the east that includes Antioch, Oakley, etc that is also favorable demographics for athletes; Pleasanton is a long ways south of DLS;  Pleasanton not known for athletes/ football players, but there has been 1-3 D1 QBs every year the last 15 between DLS and Pleasanton 

DLS gets less than half of the top end talent in their core geography and maybe 10%-15% of east bay, which is less than half of Bay Area, etc and with that, they've led country's high schools in most NFL players until STA took crown about 5 years ago

joe mixon and Najee Harris are both from highway 4 corridor, higher rated than any DLS RB in history, Inc MJD who came from same neighborhood

am not saying DLS area as target rich as others -- it's not, but lack of talent is absolutely 100% NOT the determining factor in whether DLS wants to play the mega-team game.  Not that this is part of deliberation either, but DLS doesn't and hasn't ever needed to match talent, but they need more than 3-4 D1 players on roster to keep up with the mega-team trend.

You're taking the road and not the HWY then.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Absolutely incorrect

I said earlier DLS can't make teams like STA and Bosco consistently because there's not sufficient talent in their area, and there isn't. That would require them to get every top player in a 20 mile radius, and that's not what STA or Bosco do. 

No QB that aspires to be in division 1 should play at DLS. 

DLS does seem to get a stud from that Pleasanton area every 2 or 3 years though. Sumner Houston/Bart Houston are another two that comes to mind(Originally from Dublin/Livermore and moved up a little north to San Ramon)

What do you consider Core geography? How many miles away?

But it is lack of talent. DLS used to have mega teams(The best streak teams), they don't anymore, so when they meet up with a team that doesn't allow them to bully them upfront, they lose. That wasn't the case when they had Demetrius Williams, Matt Guttierrez, Cameron Colvin, Terrance Kelley etc......... They could pass the ball as well to elite athletes

7 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

It wouldn't have mattered, Dela was dialed in at that point.

And they were dialed in when they took the lead against Lakeland.

Then Lakeland responded.

Crenshaw had no response.

The refs called like 20 plus penalties against Lakeland that game. It was to keep it from being a blowout. 

I would have loved to see that game be played in Lakeland that night. 

Wasnt that the year DLS won state in the toughest bracket in the country and Lakeland got the door blown off losing in a watered down playoff class by 3 touchdowns at home? 

7 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

If you believe that about Dela, that they can never compete with these super teams, than how come  in 2015 they  beat a " Super " Centennnial team that , that only a week before destroyed a supposed "super " SJB team, putting up 55 pts on them by halftime ! How soon everyone forgets just 2 seasons ago.

Centennial has never had a super team.

And De La Salle hopes and prays every day that Centennial is the team that comes out of the SS because they're a perfect match for the Spartans.

Spread offense, soft defense.

It's no coincidence that they're 4-1 vs. Centennial and 3-3 vs. everybody else.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Am impressed with your geography.  Minor nits -- Custer is terrance Kelley's cousin and a rare kid to come from Richmond/ Berkeley/ Oakland nowadays

I love how Pop attacks others for getting kids from all over (which isn't true) but then when it's pointed out that DLS gets kids from all over too?

His response is "Ok, well,  let me explain that one!"

Everybody has an explanation or justification for their kids but none are allowed for anybody else.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

DLS doesn't need 5-star running backs.

Lucas Dunne was a hero of yours. Pepe Vitale scored 6 touchdowns in a section championship. Daz Tautalatausi ran for 2,000 yards in a season.

Somehow after almost 10 years following De La Salle football you still haven't figured out the running back position is interchangeable.

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

I love how Pop attacks others for getting kids from all over (which isn't true) but then when it's pointed out that DLS gets kids from all over too?

His response is "Ok, well,  let me explain that one!"

Everybody has an explanation or justification for their kids but none are allowed for anybody else.

LIAR!!!

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

The refs called like 20 plus penalties against Lakeland that game. It was to keep it from being a blowout. 

I don't know how many penalties it was, but it wasn't enough

the Lakeland center could not block without tackling his guy -- he'd go to sideline in a steroid rage and then go tackle his guy on next play in

eventually, they just stopped calling it, but he never stopped holding

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

I said earlier DLS can't make teams like STA and Bosco consistently because there's not sufficient talent in their area, and there isn't. That would require them to get every top player in a 20 mile radius, and that's not what STA or Bosco do. 

I understood what you said -- I also understand the STA and SJB don't get every kid in a 20 mile radius 

so I stand by what I said

since the streak (14 years), DLS has 0 5* kids and 7 4* kids (Wynn, renaud, Houston, hurchings, Hooper, Tagaloa, Assiasi) -- excluding current team 

heres some 4-5* kids in your core geography that didn't attend DLS:

'17      1 5*   4 4*

'16      0 5*   3 4* 

'15      1 5*   2 4*

'14      1 5*   5 4*

thats as far as I'm going for the time it takes -- just breaking down to an average year, DLS is 0 5* and 0.5 4* and what they miss in their geography is 0.8 5* and 3.5 4* per class

dls gets about 10-15% of the elite talent in their core geography -- no one will get it all but it's a lot easier to scoop all of a small pond than a big one

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I understood what you said -- I also understand the STA and SJB don't get every kid in a 20 mile radius 

so I stand by what I said

since the streak (14 years), DLS has 0 5* kids and 7 4* kids (Wynn, renaud, Houston, hurchings, Hooper, Tagaloa, Assiasi) -- excluding current team 

heres some 4-5* kids in your core geography that didn't attend DLS:

'17      1 5*   4 4*

'16      0 5*   3 4* 

'15      1 5*   2 4*

'14      1 5*   5 4*

thats as far as I'm going for the time it takes -- just breaking down to an average year, DLS is 0 5* and 0.5 4* and what they miss in their geography is 0.8 5* and 3.5 4* per class

dls gets about 10-15% of the elite talent in their core geography -- no one will get it all but it's a lot easier to scoop all of a small pond than a big one

Are you counting Kahlil McKenzie as a guy that didn't play for DLS, but was a 5 star? He didn't play for anyone his SR year, but he did suit up for DLS as a JR

4 Star LB Camilo Eifler(19 Miles away, 35-50 minute drive one way in the mornings)

4 Star DB Jordan Parker(13 Miles away using your street driving method, not the HWY)

4 Star Shurod Thompson(27 Miles away)

5 Star DT Kahlil McKenzie(Didn't play football his SR year, but he did play for DLS)

4 Star TE Tyler Petite(11 Miles away)

4 Star Athlete Stephen Johnson III(26 Miles away. About an hour drive in the morning one way)

5 star HB Joe Mixon(22 Miles away, I'll use your method of street driving)

4 Star DB Adarius Pickett(25 Miles away and a long drive in the mornings because of traffic)

4 Star WR Jalen Harvey(See Adarius Pickett)

4 Star LB Derik Calhoun(See Adarius Pickett)

Living 25 miles away from a school isn't close to a school IMO.

30 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Are you counting Kahlil McKenzie as a guy that didn't play for DLS, but was a 5 star? He didn't play for anyone his SR year, but he did suit up for DLS as a JR

I am -- he's listed as a CVC guy, not DLS's fault he was ruled ineligible, they ok'd the transfer.  Would you be objecting if he missed season with injury.  There was zero manipulation and it hardly changes point

am also counting adarius Pickett who attended DLS as a frosh

DLS loses more elite transfers than they get -- it's not for everyone (not a great place for prima donnas as McKenzie learned)

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

I am -- he's listed as a CVC guy, not DLS's fault he was ruled ineligible, they ok'd the transfer.  Would you be objecting if he missed season with injury.  There was zero manipulation and it hardly changes point

am also counting adarius Pickett who attended DLS as a frosh

DLS loses more elite transfers than they get -- it's not for everyone (not a great place for prima donnas as McKenzie learned)

He didn't play for anyone. An injury is totally different from not playing

So does every private in SoCal. Nature of the beast.

Just this year alone for SJB. They all start for those schools.

Nahe Sulunga transferred to Calabasas

Alex Miskela transferred to Los Al

Joey Yellen transferred to Mission Viejo

34 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He didn't play for anyone. An injury is totally different from not playing

So does every private in SoCal. Nature of the beast.

Just this year alone for SJB. They all start for those schools.

Nahe Sulunga transferred to Calabasas

Alex Miskela transferred to Los Al

Joey Yellen transferred to Mission Viejo

You're picking flyshit out of the pepper

your claim that I objected to was DLS COULDNT play the mega team game with local talent (as you defined the boundaries, north, south, east, west from the '15 team)

i show that DLS could get 5-10x more elite athletes just in the east bay if they, i.e., put a dime toward football scholarships 

that'd be plenty 

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

You're picking flyshit out of the pepper

your claim that I objected to was DLS COULDNT play the mega team game with local talent (as you defined the boundaries, north, south, east, west from the '15 team)

i show that DLS could get 5-10x more elite athletes just in the east bay if they, i.e., put a dime toward football scholarships 

that'd be plenty 

I brought up where they got players from, and named the locations and the distance from DLS to counter act your statement that they could get players from all over the East Bay which they already do.

So could lots of schools. Your argument though leaves 0 amount of players for the rest of the schools. I bet, that the percentage of 3 and 4 star athletes a school like SJB gets from their 25 mile radius(What you're using for DLS) is equivalent to what DLS gets at their end currently

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

I brought up where they got players from, and named the locations and the distance from DLS to counter act your statement that they could get players from all over the East Bay which they already do.

So could lots of schools. Your argument though leaves 0 amount of players for the rest of the schools. I bet, that the percentage of 3 and 4 star athletes a school like SJB gets from a 25 mile radius(What you're using for DLS) is equivalent to what DLS gets at their end currently

I bet SJB's % is lower 

i also bet DLS has more appeal in East Bay than SJB does in LA

i bet LA traffic worse 

your assertion was that DLS COULD not compete (v WOULD not)

i'm confident ive blown that one out of water

the el Cerritos kids I believe were your farthest elites and Pickettd older brother did attend DLS (Sac St DB off '10 team) -- Thompson you have more than twice as far as he is (he transferred from Pitt senior year, but didn't move)

dls's largest feeder school is in Danville, CA (pop 45,000) -- that town alone has had 10 +/- D1 QBs in time frame that didn't attend DLS (and, btw, to your comment on DLS and D1 QBs, mark panels, the current WB coach, has produced 6 D1 QBs, so even though DLS turned down a national POY (Kyle wright) and future heisman winner (Toretta) for admission, they still usually can find a guy with D1 QB skills that can run veer)