Where are the DLS guys?

Sammyswordsman

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

the # I remember from back when (think it was concha's but was undisputed to recollection) is sta '10 had 10 D1 transfers

Wrong.

Whether it's your memory or concha's initial claim. It doesn't matter. You always lie or get things wrong.

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

BG won MNCs with multi-state rosters, they were the only ones and really made efforts to deny anything other than natural matriculation

This is such a lie.

Where did you get the gall that it requires to lie so frequently and in the public eye?

3 hours ago, Pops said:

I think this team will recover, but they are highly likely to take at least one more loss (next week's game vs Central now a question. -- they're 4-0, #1 team in central section, winning by something like 44 ppg.

I missed this in the overwhelming deluge of Pop nonsense.

He now thinks that there's a question as to whether DLS will beat Fresno Central.

xD

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

SJB hired Negro that's what happened. His connections to the youth programs gets SJB the studs.

No arguement

you know the details, but negro definitely the one that deserves most authorship for the advent of the SoCal mega-teams last few years

for better or worse

these teams are just in a different level

im saying that there are now about 5 teams every year that are as good or better as the "once every few years" teams of a decade or three ago AND the rest of the hsfb universe just hasn't and probably won't take that evolutionary step

SJC seems like they'll want to play and there'll be other movement -- maybe steak dinners will just be included in the BNU admissions brochures and they truly do gather all the available talent within an hour commute from Jersey border -- I think the other trinity schools have expressed intent and just need to get better -- I think the GCL is more aligned with DLS and other candidates that COULD step up -- don't see TX playing or caring -- maybe GA super teams selectively when competitive but don't see anyone (maybe grayson) putting in place the SYSTEM for sustainability like the mega powers are doing

not many other candidates

i don't mean to be the Monte vista coach that proclaimed his team public school ncs champs a few years ago -- it's just commentary -- DLS has its own advantages

the preponderance of these super teams is what's a recent phenomenon 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

SJC seems like they'll want to play and there'll be other movement -- maybe steak dinners will just be included in the BNU admissions brochures and they truly do gather all the available talent within an hour commute from Jersey border -- I think the other trinity schools have expressed intent and just need to get better -- I think the GCL is more aligned with DLS and other candidates that COULD step up -- don't see TX playing or caring -- maybe GA super teams selectively when competitive but don't see anyone (maybe grayson) putting in place the SYSTEM for sustainability like the mega powers are doing

Your shots are so thinly-veiled.

And whiny.

DLS and the GCL teams aren't making choices to not be talented. They don't have the ability to be as talented as those teams you mentioned.

Stop acting like it's a choice being made by pious schools.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

No arguement

you know the details, but negro definitely the one that deserves most authorship for the advent of the SoCal mega-teams last few years

for better or worse

these teams are just in a different level

im saying that there are now about 5 teams every year that are as good or better as the "once every few years" teams of a decade or three ago AND the rest of the hsfb universe just hasn't and probably won't take that evolutionary step

not many other candidates

i don't mean to be the Monte vista coach that proclaimed his team public school ncs champs a few years ago -- it's just commentary -- DLS has its own advantages

the preponderance of these super teams is what's a recent phenomenon 

In spite of some folks wishing otherwise, Georgia will not be producing elite teams until at minimum, certain areas are released from the DOJ desegration rulings of 1964. Oh yeah, a few schools pull a some fast ones in the transfer world, but it isn't open season enrollment. And cannot be  in the Peach state under existing DOJ regulations. Neighborhood ball still is the game. Good teams. Not elite teams. When, or if Westminster, with a financial endowment that exceeds all but a handful of New England preps,Deerfield, Phillips Academy, Phillips Exeter, maybe Choate, decide to corral a few dozen of Metro-Atl's best, and Lovett, Woodward, operating with the same mindset, decide to emulate the STA's and SJB's of the football world, I don't believe many of the current super teams will be chomping at the bit to brannigan with with Georgia. And when Texas gets released from DOJ supervision, the mercenary/ringer teams from certain states won't be taking calls from Texas. At this time,we're playing apples and oranges. Traditional vs Interloper. God knows Miami-Dade best teams( when they were playing for the school in the district players lived ) rarely beat a decent Panhandle or Space Coast team with a 2 td spot until 1994. What happened? Released from DOJ mandated busing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

God knows Miami-Dade best teams( when they were playing for the school in the district players lived ) rarely beat a decent Panhandle or Space Coast team with a 2 td spot until 1994. What happened? Released from DOJ mandated busing. 

What the hell are you talking about?

This is some silly stuff.

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

Your shots are so thinly-veiled.

And whiny.

DLS and the GCL teams aren't making choices to not be talented. They don't have the ability to be as talented as those teams you mentioned.

Stop acting like it's a choice being made by pious schools.

Moeller is the only school in the GCL that I can see that could have a boat load of very talented football players or maybe Lasalle.  None of it matters unless you have some very good coaching to go with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nascar624 said:

De'Anthony Thomas (currently with KC Chiefs) went out injured when Crenshaw was up 14-0. He scored both TD's. I remember before he went out DLS was doing a better job of containing him, but we will never know what could have happened had he not been injured. That is basically what happened in the Crenshaw game.

The Lakeland game was very competitive and maybe DLS comes away with the win if they go for the tie in the end and take it to OT, instead of going for 2 and of course we all know they failed.

I think it tied at 14 apiece when Thomas went out before the half. It wouldn't have mattered, Dela was dialed in at that point. Check me if I am wrong.

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Spot on

If you believe that about Dela, that they can never compete with these super teams, than how come  in 2015 they  beat a " Super " Centennnial team that , that only a week before destroyed a supposed "super " SJB team, putting up 55 pts on them by halftime ! How soon everyone forgets just 2 seasons ago.  Two years before that, though they lost, Dela played arguably the best SouthernCal team ever and lose by 4.  I guess Dela is  never allowed to have a rebuid process like Colquitt, Ga.  is going through . They may never get back to top 5 again, but then again, they may have run once again at some point. This present bunch, I don't think ( next yr. possibly ) will get there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Spot on

Wrong and missed the point

-- DLS could do much better just with existing local kids (i.e. 2 5* RBs in last 3-4 years were in the neighborhood, getting a QB, etc)

-- DLS could expand reach to Bay Area, not as talent rich as SJB or MD or STA locally, but a) DLS could pursue with less competition (than in socal) and DLS doesn't need to match talent (just can't be overwhelmed by it)

-- it's still a choice which is the relevant part

42 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

If you believe that about Dela, that they can never compete with these super teams, than how come  in 2015 they  beat a " Super " Centennnial team that , that only a week before destroyed a supposed "super " SJB team, putting up 55 pts on them by halftime ! How soon everyone forgets just 2 seasons ago.  Two years before that, though they lost, Dela played arguably the best SouthernCal team ever and lose by 4.  I guess Dela is  never allowed to have a rebuid process like Colquitt, Ga.  is going through . They may never get back to top 5 again, but then again, they may have run once again at some point. This present bunch, I don't think ( next yr. possibly ) will get there.

I didn't say they couldn't compete, I said they can't get the same players that those schools get.

First off, Centennial isn't a super team. They have good talent, but they don't have SJB talent. Their scheme and offensive talent matches up perfectly with SJB. SJB's relies more on their talent then their scheme on both sides of the ball.

Centennial doesn't match up with DLS. Their D-line is usually their weakness, which is  perfect for DLS because their offense is predicated on pounding the rock. That's not the case with SJB, their strength is their D-line on defense, and DLS struggles against them for that reason.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

Wrong and missed the point

-- DLS could do much better just with existing local kids (i.e. 2 5* RBs in last 3-4 years were in the neighborhood, getting a QB, etc)

-- DLS could expand reach to Bay Area, not as talent rich as SJB or MD or STA locally, but a) DLS could pursue with less competition (than in socal) and DLS doesn't need to match talent (just can't be overwhelmed by it)

-- it's still a choice which is the relevant part

No they couldn't. You're assuming that SJB gets every top kid in their area which they don't. No school sucks in every top kid from their area, that includes STA, SJB, MD, DBP(In their hey day) etc....... If they did, SJB would have 4 and 5 star kids at every position, which they don't.

I'd also like to know what local means to you. Antioch for example is 16 miles away(You cited 2 5* RB's, I'm guessing you're using the O'Dowd kid as well),and Downtown Oakland is 19 miles away, I assume you're saying that's local. If 16-19 miles is local, SJB and STA would have a much better roster than what they currently have if they got all of the top players. It doesn't work that way though.

DLS has always had kids from the area you speak of(Richmond, Berkeley), I'm sure they've gotten kids from Oakland as well.  How many kids annually from Antioch, Heyward, Concord, Pittsburgh, Hercules, Walnut Creek and those surrounding cities are pumping out D1's that don't go to DLS?

The top DLS athletes have usually come from Richmond and Berkleley.  I don't think kids are going to be going to DLS from Frisco, that's a long travel with traffic, but Richmond and Berkley is where DLS gets kids from. DLS has a 20-26 mile radius where they get a lot of the top kids, and other catholic schools really can't challenge them.

All on the same team, and in every direction from DLS 

Antoine Custer Berkeley(20 Miles West of DLS)

Boss Tagaloa/Devin Asiasi Pittsburgh(17 Miles East of DLS)

Damon Wiley Pleasonton(26 Miles South of DLS)

Anthony Sweeney American Canyon(26 Miles North of DLS)

Just want to point out that all the DLS fans who stopped by the BG tailgate were great, although surprised that there may or may not be a few beverages flowing.  That's something we will have to figure out for our trip up there next year.

Was very impressed with DLS #11 (TooToo?).  He seemed to be everywhere

In the end it was a much needed win for BG & even missing a couple starters, we seemed to finally click.  Nothing to hang your head about.  Bunch of new guys finish 2-2 vs 4 top 25 teams.  Now get a few of our banged up guys some needed rest & go get that State championship.

And if I remember right, someone on here predicted BG would put up 34 ;)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I didn't say they couldn't compete, I said they can't get the same players that those schools get.

First off, Centennial isn't a super team. They have good talent, but they don't have SJB talent. Their scheme and offensive talent matches up perfectly with SJB. SJB's relies more on their talent then their scheme on both sides of the ball.

Centennial doesn't match up with DLS. Their D-line is usually their weakness, which is  perfect for DLS because their offense is predicated on pounding the rock. That's not the case with SJB, their strength is their D-line on defense, and DLS struggles against them for that reason.

I'd say Centen is a super team, getting multiple transfers year after year from all of Inland empire. 2015 Centen had  D-1 talent all over the map, especially on their Defense. The strength of SJB has always been their massive O-line, not so much their d-line. 2013 SJB had their best defense, but that O-line with mama was their calling card, just like last yr's team.

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

I think it tied at 14 apiece when Thomas went out before the half. It wouldn't have mattered, Dela was dialed in at that point. Check me if I am wrong.

I know for sure they were tied at the half, but I think Thomas went out before they were tied up, I just know they had trouble containing him in the beginning and he scored both of their Td's I also remember before he went out, DLS was starting to slow him down.

Would have loved for him to had not been injured, cause that was a built in excuse for SoCal at to why their team lost to DLS. I tried arguing back in 09 on this board that DLS was containing him before he got injured and all the SoCal folk laughed at me and said I was delusional. Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way and you saw it the same way.

13 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I'd say Centen is a super team, getting multiple transfers year after year from all of Inland empire. 2015 Centen had  D-1 talent all over the map, especially on their Defense. The strength of SJB has always been their massive O-line, not so much their d-line. 2013 SJB had their best defense, but that O-line with mama was their calling card, just like last yr's team.

A super team has a ton of talent on defense, which they don't. Centennial is a public school in a huge city, transfers will happen. Hell, most of the top Corona players, never even play for Centennial(Ask Servite and Mater Dei)

Their D-line during their top years has been their strength on defense. It's just on message boards people love to talk about their O-line because of it's size.

Jacob Mariner 4 star DE

Malik Dorton 3 Star DE

Ivan Martinez(Underrated HS player Idaho State) DT

Eric Golston(Middle Tennessee State) DT

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

A super team has a ton of talent on defense, which they don't. Centennial is a public school in a huge city, transfers will happen. Hell, most of the top Corona players, never even play for Centennial(Ask Servite and Mater Dei)

Their D-line during their top years has been their strength on defense. It's just on message boards people love to talk about their O-line because of it's size.

Jacob Mariner 4 star DE

Malik Dorton 3 Star DE

Ivan Martinez(Underrated HS player Idaho State) DT

Eric Golston(Middle Tennessee State) DT

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-football-st-john-bosco-defensive-line-is-no-1-20160714-story.html

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I agree 90 percent.  Corona with a population of 160,00 is only the 7th biggest city in the inland empire.  Centennial takes what they have and concentrates on prolific offense.  It works well enough to put them into the conversation about "super teams" but fact of the matter is they usually come up a bit short.😌

47 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I agree 90 percent.  Corona with a population of 160,00 is only the 7th biggest city in the inland empire.  Centennial takes what they have and concentrates on prolific offense.  It works well enough to put them into the conversation about "super teams" but fact of the matter is they usually come up a bit short.😌

Not only that, but I'd like to know what transfers he's talking about. CC getting transfers from all over the Inland Empire is flat out wrong. I'm sure they get transfers from everywhere, but not top flight football players annually that's for sure.

If they did, they'd be getting the top kids from Fontana(The couple of guys that actually go to Fontana schools and not the Rancho Cucamonga schools), Rancho Cucamonga,  Riverside, Chino Hills and Ontario(Colony kids).

From those cities(Some are pretty far away)CC would have a very good D-line annually, which they do not.

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

They had 

One 4 Star DB

One 3 Star LB

Four 3 Star DB

One 2 Star DB

One 2 Star DE

DLS runs the ball. CC had two guys in their front 7 that were 2 stars or better. Yea, that's not loaded at all.  Had you said they had a great defensive back field, I'd have agreed, but their front 7 was lacking, and you can't have a talented defense with an average front 7

SJB 2016 Front 7

One 3 Star DE

One 3 Star DT

Two 2 Star DE

One 3 star LB

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

No they couldn't. You're assuming that SJB gets every top kid in their area which they don't. No school sucks in every top kid from their area, that includes STA, SJB, MD, DBP(In their hey day) etc....... If they did, SJB would have 4 and 5 star kids at every position, which they don't.

DLS has always had kids from the area you speak of(Richmond, Berkeley), I'm sure they've gotten kids from Oakland as well.  How many kids annually from Antioch, Heyward, Concord, Pittsburgh, Hercules, Walnut Creek and those surrounding cities are pumping out D1's that don't go to DLS?

The top DLS athletes have usually come from Richmond and Berkleley.  I don't think kids are going to be going to DLS from Frisco, that's a long travel with traffic, but Richmond and Berkley is where DLS gets kids from. DLS has a 20-26 mile radius where they get a lot of the top kids, and other catholic schools really can't challenge them.

All on the same team, and in every direction from DLS 

Antoine Custer Berkeley(20 Miles West of DLS)

Boss Tagaloa/Devin Asiasi Pittsburgh(17 Miles East of DLS)

Damon Wiley Pleasonton(26 Miles South of DLS)

Anthony Sweeney American Canyon(26 Miles North of DLS)

Absolutely incorrect

Unless you're referring to just a 4-team super-league where SJB takes best in SoCal, STA takes best in Broward/ Dade, Allen's enrollment grows to 50,000, and IMG scoops up the best of everywhere else

Am impressed with your geography.  Minor nits -- Custer is terrance Kelley's cousin and a rare kid to come from Richmond/ Berkeley/ Oakland nowadays -- the Caldecott tunnel is a good boundary for 99% of DLS kids, but there are a lot of athletes just on the other side (with no. bridges required).  Sweeney is only kid I've heard of that's from other side of Martinez bridge (usually the boundary);  Pittsburg is actually only 12 miles and is only the start of the highway 4 corridor to the east that includes Antioch, Oakley, etc that is also favorable demographics for athletes; Pleasanton is a long ways south of DLS;  Pleasanton not known for athletes/ football players, but there has been 1-3 D1 QBs every year the last 15 between DLS and Pleasanton 

DLS gets less than half of the top end talent in their core geography and maybe 10%-15% of east bay, which is less than half of Bay Area, etc and with that, they've led country's high schools in most NFL players until STA took crown about 5 years ago

joe mixon and Najee Harris are both from highway 4 corridor, higher rated than any DLS RB in history, Inc MJD who came from same neighborhood

am not saying DLS area as target rich as others -- it's not, but lack of talent is absolutely 100% NOT the determining factor in whether DLS wants to play the mega-team game.  Not that this is part of deliberation either, but DLS doesn't and hasn't ever needed to match talent, but they need more than 3-4 D1 players on roster to keep up with the mega-team trend.