DLS 7 BG 34 (FINAL)

Pops

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

Not always. Economics always plays a role in these games. They're not easy to finance. Ask Miami Central.

Lowndes could get on a bus (or pay for the other team to get on a bus) and play even nominal regional programs like Apopka or Dr. Phillips, etc.

They choose not to.

Instead they choose to play International School of Broward and Bayside (2x).

Randy McPherson is the same pussy he was at Madison County.

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Please don't tell me you guys are using daisy chaining to rate all of these teams? BG beats DLS by 27 after losing a close one to MC last week. Yes they did. They were fired up after the loss. According to you guys Mater Dei will beat DLS by 41 points when they play in the Open title game. I don't see that happening. 

Remember this post in December when they play. Just stop using daisy chains to rate how good a team is overall. 

Not the scores, the results. Not saying DLS would lose by 41 because they lost by 27 to BG and MD beat BG by 14. I'm saying after watching some interplay between these regions, the teams that stand out are the three in SoCal, the SoFlo teams (STA, AHP, Central), IMG and the TX teams (Allen and possibly Katy). There are several others in that mix (SFA, Grayson and BD as has been pointed out) but I don't see many teams beating the first group unless they are playing each other.

Funny story about Randy McPherson.

When he was the head coach at Madison County he scheduled a steady diet of Shanks, Bay, Hamilton County, Jefferson County, etc. in their non-district games. Anybody of little regard in the Panhandle/Big Bend area just to bank easy W's.

When he left Madison County after the 2001 season the guy that replaced him was a bus driver for Madison County Schools, Frankie Carroll. No joke. You know how coaches are usually teachers that coach? This guy was a school bus driver.

Now only after the school bus driver (a guy that looked like an extra in the movie Deliverance) got the job did Madison County actually schedule people.

They played Columbia, Lincoln, Mainland, Apopka, Coffee (GA), etc.

A school bus driver had more balls and toughness than Randy McPherson. And probably still does.

17 minutes ago, LOSer said:

When he was the head coach at Madison County he scheduled a steady diet of Shanks, Bay, Hamilton County, Jefferson County, etc. in their non-district games. Anybody of little regard in the Panhandle/Big Bend area just to bank easy W's.

When he left Madison County after the 2001 season the guy that replaced him was a bus driver for Madison County Schools, Frankie Carroll. No joke. You know how coaches are usually teachers that coach? This guy was a school bus driver.

Now only after the school bus driver (a guy that looked like an extra in the movie Deliverance) got the job did Madison County actually schedule people.

A school bus driver had more balls and toughness than Randy McPherson. And probably still does.

Did someone hijack Canes account?  His last few posts have been salted with humor, and even some positive stuff about other teams.   Either that or he got a girlfriend

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Places like Lowndes and Buford obviously have political powers behind the scenes that demand all the boosters remain happy when giving the head coaches such a large amount of money. 

The only way to justify the pay is to rack up as many wins as possible. And the only way to guarantee wins is to avoid teams like Booker T and Miami Central which both head coaches can confirm, to schedule Bayside and then ISB. 

But MacPherson obviously is a coach who avoids top teams as much as possible. 

It is a job security issue up in Georgia. Lowndes gives out $12-13,000 for a game and I can guarantee you tons of top teams would jump on that in an instant 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It is a job security issue up in Georgia. Lowndes gives out $12-13,000 for a game and I can guarantee you tons of top teams would jump on that in an instant 

That's exactly what it is.

McPherson wants to keep cashing 6 figure yearly checks for as long as possible.

He knows that easy W's will keep that gravy train coming in to the station.

55 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Not the scores, the results. Not saying DLS would lose by 41 because they lost by 27 to BG and MD beat BG by 14. I'm saying after watching some interplay between these regions, the teams that stand out are the three in SoCal, the SoFlo teams (STA, AHP, Central), IMG and the TX teams (Allen and possibly Katy). There are several others in that mix (SFA, Grayson and BD as has been pointed out) but I don't see many teams beating the first group unless they are playing each other.

Katy just trailed a game for nearly 3 quarters.  I can't go on them.  AHP is also not in the category of Miami Central.  STA's offense can be held down against good defense's but their elite defense is capable of scoring a couple of times a game and they have some play makers on offense who are capable of popping a player or two.  SJC is taking any team in the country the distance.

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Katy just trailed a game for nearly 3 quarters.  I can't go on them.  AHP is also not in the category of Miami Central.  STA's offense can be held down against good defense's but their elite defense is capable of scoring a couple of times a game and they have some play makers on offense who are capable of popping a player or two.  SJC is taking any team in the country the distance.

Think that's hard to say at this point.   

28 minutes ago, LOSer said:

He must have been a pretty damn smart bus driver.

Isn't he the AD at Worth County, GA now?

A few of the coaches at Worth County and evidently the AD drive a bus.

• Scott Frederick DB/Equipment/Bus Driver
  • Frankie Carroll AD/QB/Bus Driver
  • Kayla Jones Athletic Trainer
  • Richard Holton MS HC/Bus Driver

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

That was Katy's first game against a very good opponent in the Woodlands. Many had the Woodlands in their top 100. 

STAs offense is good enough. 

Yes, agree about SJC. 

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Nobody should assume that high school football bus drivers are stupid. 9_9

I never said he was.

I said he was like an extra in the movie Deliverance.

I've also heard him talk.

He's not exactly splitting the atom on weekends, Caj.

12 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

That was Katy's first game against a very good opponent in the Woodlands. Many had the Woodlands in their top 100. 

STAs offense is good enough. 

Yes, agree about SJC. 

It was Woodlands first game as well.  

STA definitely where they belong.  I wasn't arguing against them.  I was trying to show the defense.  I haven't seen Katy or Woodlands so maybe they both belong.  I think you are including the Texas schools just because they are supposed to be the best teams in Texas.  The big thing missing is the Texas schools not facing any of the major players, where as the other players have faced at least one of the other major players.

9 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I never said he was.

I think most people that graduated high school have the mental picture you "tried" to paint.

LOSer quote.

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

I think most people that graduated high school have the mental picture you "tried" to paint.

LOSer quote.

He was the school bus driver.

Fact.

I didn't even get close to painting a picture of him.

Frankly, anybody who knows even a little bit about him doesn't need the picture painted, okay?

2 hours ago, LOSer said:

Lowndes could get on a bus (or pay for the other team to get on a bus) and play even nominal regional programs like Apopka or Dr. Phillips, etc.

They choose not to.

Instead they choose to play International School of Broward and Bayside (2x).

Randy McPherson is the same pussy he was at Madison County.

Playing DP would be a waste. Lowndes would beat them as bad as they did Newton this week. 57-0

31 minutes ago, LOSer said:

That's exactly what it is.

McPherson wants to keep cashing 6 figure yearly checks for as long as possible.

He knows that easy W's will keep that gravy train coming in to the station.

Not entirely true. 

If he continued to win 8 regular season game and lose to Colquitt and Valdosta another year or two they would hang him in effigy there. 

He's won one of those games this year. The other is still lurking.